British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Got sent down for over a year

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That has gone over my head.

ANTIFA are actually fascists, but the word ANTIFA is an abbreviation of *anti-fascist* ? ???

So either they are anti- themselves, or not anti-fascists - in which case the name ANTIFA is just nonsense ? ???

Confused.

They are the extreme left wing. Which means they are extreme hypocrites.

The kind of people who say they are fighting against authoritarianism only so it can be replaced by totalitarianism.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Well. Just on the basis of that video, that looks like a totally unwarranted arrest, and an abuse of police powers.

I wonder what else he might have done before the video clip started to provoke such a strong reaction from the police?

Did one of those police officers genuinely say "I'm only following orders"? Or did I mishear?

Whether you agree with what he has to say or not, this looks disturbing.

Just how many of these trials are there with reporting restrictions and why , what are the government afraid of

Do they really thing that the general public might bring out their radios hidden under the stairs if they knew what was going on ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well. Just on the basis of that video, that looks like a totally unwarranted arrest, and an abuse of police powers.

I wonder what else he might have done before the video clip started to provoke such a strong reaction from the police?

Did one of those police officers genuinely say "I'm only following orders"? Or did I mishear?

Whether you agree with what he has to say or not, this looks disturbing.

This fills in the gaps a little.

Asks the question if the verdict was expected that day, 'Court officials confirmed that the trial of nine defendants is ongoing.'

If this is the case then it really does beg the question 'What was he doing there pretending the verdict was that day'.

Going out so don't have time to find out if it was nor not.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just how many of these trials are there with reporting restrictions and why , what are the government afraid of

Do they really thing that the general public might bring out their radios hidden under the stairs if they knew what was going on ?

This fills in the gaps a little.

Asks the question if the verdict was expected that day, 'Court officials confirmed that the trial of nine defendants is ongoing.'

If this is the case then it really does beg the question 'What was he doing there pretending the verdict was that day'.

Going out so don't have time to find out if it was nor not.

Reporting restrictions can be placed on a trial if a minor or vulnerable adult is giving evidence in a sexual case (and this was a grooming gang) or if police or security service techniques could be exposed (and this was an organised Islamic grooming gang according to Tommy himself) or there was a fear regarding national security or witness intimidation (at this point I don't think I need to restate it).They are generally lifted at either verdict or sentencing stage.

Of course we don't know what stage this trial was at due to the restrictions. Perfect for right wing conspiracy theorists to latch on to without a shred of evidence.

Tommy should know all about court procedure by now though.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Reporting restrictions can be placed on a trial if a minor or vulnerable adult is giving evidence in a sexual case (and this was a grooming gang) or if police or security service techniques could be exposed (and this was an organised Islamic grooming gang according to Tommy himself) or there was a fear regarding national security or witness intimidation (at this point I don't think I need to restate it).They are generally lifted at either verdict or sentencing stage.

Of course we don't know what stage this trial was at due to the restrictions. Perfect for right wing conspiracy theorists to latch on to without a shred of evidence.

I guess we will have to wait for a celebrity death or Royal baby news day for the restrictions to be lifted and a chance to learn what the trial was actually about .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I guess we will have to wait for a celebrity death or Royal baby news day for the restrictions to be lifted and a chance to learn what the trial was actually about .
Or until the trial has ended.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I will never have a serious discussion about that white trash thicko.

Seeing as trash and thicko are no doubt used as derogatory terms, is the use of 'white' used n the same vein? If so, is this not easily provable racism?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I thought the trial was over and yesterday was just the sentencing?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought the trial was over and yesterday was just the sentencing?

According to court officials the trial of nine of the men is ongoing as [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION] has already posted. Where you thought it had got to is neither here nor there due to the very restrictions I quoted. As I said, since there is no information out there it's perfect for conspiracy and misinformation merchants to latch on to.

However, the Open Court legislation in this country means there has to be a good reason for reporting restrictions. Would you like to eat your tea over the testimony of an alleged teenaged rape victim during the six o'clock news or see a sketch of the undercover officers keeping us safe from terrorism?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This government is making me question a lot of things now

some youtuber knowing half a story doesnt understand contempt of court. the police and courts have dealt with someone breaking the law. why question the government? you want the government to make a special exception? change to law so sensitive cases can be reported?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
some youtuber knowing half a story doesnt understand contempt of court. the police and courts have dealt with someone breaking the law. why question the government? you want the government to make a special exception? change to law so sensitive cases can be reported?

Jail for breaking reporting restrictions...the information he read out had already been published in full by the local paper, how come the reporters there weren’t sent to jail?

The police had a choice whether or not to prosecute the well known right wing agitator, they chose to do it because they continually harass and persecute him. I’m not a big fan of Robinson but the message this sends out doesn’t inspire me with confidence that unpopular opinions are tolerated in the UK anymore.

A year for this is way OTT considering the pitiful non custodial sentences handed out for actual crimes, theft, assault, you know, crimes.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Not sure of the point you are trying to make here?

The BBC received a number of complaints regarding the lack of time given to the Telford child abuse trial verdicts .

Their explanation was that due to the Death of Ken Dodd they had limited time available on the Day to report other matters .

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The BBC received a number of complaints regarding the lack of time given to the Telford child abuse trial verdicts .

Their explanation was that due to the Death of Ken Dodd they had limited time available on the Day to report other matters .

Seriously? That’s mental if true.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here