Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"You kick on by accepting you are Brighton, playing a second season in the Premier league. There will be ups and downs. We were playing a team who will push for the top six. You always have to look as a whole. We have had three really good results and then a bad result. We have to accept that and be better next time. Come out fighting in the next game."

Sensible and balanced perspective from Hughton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"You kick on by accepting you are Brighton, playing a second season in the Premier league. There will be ups and downs. We were playing a team who will push for the top six. You always have to look as a whole. We have had three really good results and then a bad result. We have to accept that and be better next time. Come out fighting in the next game."

Sensible and balanced perspective from Hughton.

....as always.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Richarlison £40m
Sigurdsson £45m
Walcott £20m
Keane £25m
Tosun £27m
Mina £28m
Pickford £25m
and the list goes on.

Exactly. Didn’t embarrass ourselves and attacked a bit. Not bothered here :shrug:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Similar performance as against Wolves and Newcastle, but Everton had more quality up front. Simple really. Not going to look for a scapegoat, several (most if not all) players had below-par games and tactically we were lacking in any ideas to get forward. Playing well below our best at the moment, wonder for how much longer...............

Until Propper returns, perhaps. I love Beram Kayal but it may be that Propper’s importance is shown by his absence. Keeping the ball is definitely not one of our strengths when he doesn’t play. If only he could learn to mark his men at corners.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
On a wing, jogging, the other side of the line with a track suit top on!

Maybe harsh, but what happened to the crosses, and shots? More the point, do we really not have anything better? That's more of a concern!

I don't think he has looked bad on the wing, just not great behind Murray.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Until Propper returns, perhaps. I love Beram Kayal but it may be that Propper’s importance is shown by his absence. Keeping the ball is definitely not one of our strengths when he doesn’t play. If only he could learn to mark his men at corners.

Propper isn’t the answer - constantly loses possession- keep Kayal in

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I am finding it harder to accept the possible shortcomings of March, Ali J and Izzy.

Positive impact, especially regarding the latter duo, will hopefully come in time.

One of the above appears to find 'trapping a bag of cement in a phone box' difficult.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Does anybody on this thread each week, read back their posts and think, do I really support Brighton? Coz it sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No more than Kayal and doesnt give away as many free kicks in dangerous positions just outside of the box. Kayal is perhaps an adequate stand in but no more than that.

@BG jumping on slightly below par Kayal performance to justify previous ‘championship at best’ opinion shocker

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Slightly?!

He was shocking like a number of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Trying to find a MOTM would be difficult.

It was only a matter of time for me to wait as I guessed he would return to norm at some point.

Oh do **** off. One game below par out of 4 starts, when the whole team was basically crap.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were appalling..... let’s not hide behind the cost of their team, they were rubbish as well......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better than Newcastle imo and Everton were very good.

We were playing a team who have consistently come top 10 in the league and cost a shit load AWAY. This is what the prem lg is like unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here