Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone - a plea for him to start vs Wolves

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If GM is out then would prefer for Andone to star because his record in a decent division suggests he could be excellent for us. For me , Locadia has been better recently but we are comparing that to treading on balls and hacking players down. Ok so he hasn't done that but he hasn't really shown anything else either.

Andone may not be match sharp and off the pace but I still reckon even operating at a lower level he still could do more than Locadia.

At home v a team we can beat so whoever gets the nod has minimal excuses not to step up.

If this really was the case, I think we'd have seen Andone ahead of Locadia by now. As it is we haven't, which would suggest Hughton and his team are giving Locadia the best possible chance to have an impact. Would be surprised not to see Locadia start on Saturday with Andone coming on as a sub at some point. I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I've come round to the fact we are giving Locadia a real go, and sincerely hope he proves the doubters, including myself completely wrong.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I agree entirely. Though, he should have had an assist yesterday but Bissouma missed his one on one.
And he did put the ball in the net against West Ham.

He's definitely improving and he'll definitely start next weekend. Man desperately needs a goal and a better first touch. I've not lost faith.
He should have had two assists, he put Izquierdo in for the shot which lead that ‘corner’, his pass to Bissouma was delightful, shame he fluffed his lines.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Locadia is worthy of the start based solely on his pass to Bissouma.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Treat em mean, keep em keen.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Agreed.....he was isolated for much of the time but did alright I thought. Makes some good runs, held the ball up better than previously.

Would be amazed if Murray starts on Saturday.

Yeah I thought he did Ok, the one thing which annoyed me at times was his first touch, there were times when he brought the ball down but wasn't first to his own first touch which frustrated me a bit. Then again we seemed to be giving the ball away like that as a team for most of the game so it wasn't just him.

We really need to keep the ball better, giving the ball away cheap has been a real problem for us recently, so many times we've invited pressure by needlessly giving the ball away, often in our own half.

I'm looking forward to seeing Andone too, but as others have said, it's not likely he will start without first getting some minutes off the bench.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Ive just watched MOTD highlights and the vision and execution of his pass for Bissouma was superb in fact if he had someone setting him up like that he may have a goal or 2 to his name

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have very little confidence in Locadia making it personally, but to leave him out for Andone at this point would kill any confidence he has and would be grossly unfair. If we are going to judge him at some point he needs to start games. This is as good a time as any. He did OK at Newcastle and is fit, he deserves his chance...

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have very little confidence in Locadia making it personally, but to leave him out for Andone at this point would kill any confidence he has and would be grossly unfair. If we are going to judge him at some point he needs to star games. This is as good a time as any. He did OK at Newcastle and is fit, he deserves his chance...

I agree with this. Good managers get the best out of their staff. Sure, they also have to be ruthless and/or pragmatic at times, but footballers are human too. When Locadia first arrived, he gave the impression of somebody who had a happy knack of being in the right place, and got a couple of tap-ins. He's probably the sort of player who will get one goal and the confidence will come flooding back. Maybe Hughton is the best person to judge how to manage Locadia, as opposed to the experts of NSC :wink:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Gyokeres played the full 90 minutes for the Albion U-21s against Peterborough in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday October 9th.

He then flew to Marbella to join the Swedish U-20 squad. He started and played the full match against Denmark on Saturday October 13th (scoring two goals in a 3-1 win).

He then played the full match against Russia on Monday October 15th (and scored the Swedish goal in a 1-1 draw).

So, he had played three full matches in the space of six days.

Thanks that was more of the reply I was hoping for from [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] than "they have a competative squad" which of course they do.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
So your suggesting one of those listed would not make the squad at all at the expense of one of the U23’s ?

The 18 will be the same as Saturday except for Montoya and Groß in for Bruno and Murray.

Thats not what I said at all Murray wont be in the next squad i was merely speculating who may be on the BENCH instead of his place. If Bruno isnt fit then of course Montoya will be in for him otherwise he isnt versatile enough and Groß would be in for Solly as a AM not Murray he isnt going to morph into a lone striker. So again I will reiterrate we have 4 fit wingers and a question as to who will cover the strikers role which is why I mentioned the options from the u23.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Thats not what I said at all Murray wont be in the next squad i was merely speculating who may be on the BENCH instead of his place. If Bruno isnt fit then of course Montoya will be in for him otherwise he isnt versatile enough and Groß would be in for Solly as a AM not Murray he isnt going to morph into a lone striker. So again I will reiterrate we have 4 fit wingers and a question as to who will cover the strikers role which is why I mentioned the options from the u23.

Andone will

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't believe its a case of Locadia will play as CH is giving him every single chance possible. More he will play as CH thinks he's the best option for this game.

He's proven he has some faith im Locadia by playing him thus far but if CH feels And one is better at the lone role v Wolves then nothing else will matter . He would play him

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Whilst i'm far from convinced on Locadia I think the poster above made a good point with regards to service. We've yet to really see what Locadia can do with the service GM regularly gets at home, because he has been used primarily away from home or in sub appearances (a bit like Kayal last year who only played away against the top teams). I don't think he's the answer, but very willing to be proved wrong.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I agree with this. Good managers get the best out of their staff. Sure, they also have to be ruthless and/or pragmatic at times, but footballers are human too. When Locadia first arrived, he gave the impression of somebody who had a happy knack of being in the right place, and got a couple of tap-ins. He's probably the sort of player who will get one goal and the confidence will come flooding back. Maybe Hughton is the best person to judge how to manage Locadia, as opposed to the experts of NSC :wink:

You mean that we do not know more than the manager who sees them everyday in training? Nonsense,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here