Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia today

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was very impressed with his forward movement during his brief appearances for us last season and predicted a very bright future and that we will struggle to hold on to him and I have seen nothing to make me consider changing my mind.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, that's the one. The one where you play the whistle.

So we should all be piling in as we criticise a player for not making what would be an illegal move in the hopes that one of the worst refereeing decisions ever gets made?

Should we also criticise our players who when they win a free kick don't just put the ball down and dribble the ball toward goal hoping the ref doesn't notice someone else has touched it and the defence are too busy appealing to the ref?

All the criticism Bong gets, can't believe no one has criticised for not drop kicking the ball from a throw in. Would get much more distance. Imagine it, our opponents think they;ve pinned us back in our own half, and he gets the ball from the crowd, runs halfway up the line and drop kicks the ball into murray. Murray controls the ball turns around, dropkicks the keeper in the face then collects the ball and rolls it into the now open goal. The officials are gonna miss one of them eventually.

Hughton should start the game v fulham with 15 players on the pitch. I mean, when was the last time you saw a ref count the players before kick off?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was very impressed with his forward movement during his brief appearances for us last season and predicted a very bright future and that we will struggle to hold on to him and I have seen nothing to make me consider changing my mind.

That's him ****ed then

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So we should all be piling in as we criticise a player for not making what would be an illegal move in the hopes that one of the worst refereeing decisions ever gets made?

Should we also criticise our players who when they win a free kick don't just put the ball down and dribble the ball toward goal hoping the ref doesn't notice someone else has touched it and the defence are too busy appealing to the ref?

All the criticism Bong gets, can't believe no one has criticised for not drop kicking the ball from a throw in. Would get much more distance. Imagine it, our opponents think they;ve pinned us back in our own half, and he gets the ball from the crowd, runs halfway up the line and drop kicks the ball into murray. Murray controls the ball turns around, dropkicks the keeper in the face then collects the ball and rolls it into the now open goal. The officials are gonna miss one of them eventually.

Hughton should start the game v fulham with 15 players on the pitch. I mean, when was the last time you saw a ref count the players before kick off?

Poor point, poorly made. You'll be disappointed with that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Poor point, poorly made. You'll be disappointed with that.

I'm really not. You're complaining we're not moaning about Locadia doing something that if he did it would be infringing the laws of the game and would have been penalised, on the 1 in a trillion chance that the refs decide not to blow the whistle (given how obvious it was to everyone (including you apparently) that it was offside).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm really not. You're complaining we're not moaning about Locadia doing something that if he did it would be infringing the laws of the game and would have been penalised, on the 1 in a trillion chance that the refs decide not to blow the whistle (given how obvious it was to everyone (including you apparently) that it was offside).
He's still angry that Murray didn't go for the ball that lead to Knocky's shot on goal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thought Locadia looked very good when he came on - the problem is though that I think he's happier as an out and out striker rather than as a winger.

9 touches, all but 2 out wide, 7 short passes (2 headed, 5 accurate = 71%), one loss of possession, one winning aerial duel.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to say that based on Saturday's evidence, reckon I've nailed what makes Locadia the polar opposite of a Fans Favourite. He has just about the lowest cruising speed of any player I've ever seen; ranges from a walk to a light jog. Not saying that's a bad thing, only that it's an unusual thing. Especially at this level.

And following his excellent head on goal that was only saved by the Fulham keeper at full stretch, feel honour bound to report the following exchange in the NS, not a million miles from my seat:

Fan A: 'Who SAID Locadia wasn't good at headers?'

Fan B: 'Uh, Locadia said that' :moo:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have to say that based on Saturday's evidence, reckon I've nailed what makes Locadia the polar opposite of a Fans Favourite. He has just about the lowest cruising speed of any player I've ever seen; ranges from a walk to a light jog. Not saying that's a bad thing, only that it's an unusual thing. Especially at this level.

And following his excellent head on goal that was only saved by the Fulham keeper at full stretch, feel honour bound to report the following exchange in the NS, not a million miles from my seat:

Fan A: 'Who SAID Locadia wasn't good at headers?'

Fan B: 'Uh, Locadia said that' :moo:

Funny that you should bounce this thread, given your earlier contributions about him NOT going for the ball when clearly offside. because on Saturday he did EXCATLY what you were calling for - and pointlessly conceded a free kick, when he KNEW he was five yards of.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funny that you should bounce this thread, given your earlier contributions about him NOT going for the ball when clearly offside. because on Saturday he did EXCATLY what you were calling for - and pointlessly conceded a free kick, when he KNEW he was five yards of.

First time around, he didn't know. He was just missing that crucial second gear. Fact(oid) :moo:

And must have missed the one where DJL's quicksilver response caught the Fulham defence napping... :ohmy:

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He looked heavy and ponderous.
No evidence of the "speed" people talk about.
Did little to close down Fulham.
First touch often looked clumsy.

I really hope I'm wrong about this guy because we need him, but I don't see this being down to lack of game time. It appeared to be attitude as much as skills.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
He looked heavy and ponderous.
No evidence of the "speed" people talk about.
Did little to close down Fulham.
First touch often looked clumsy.

I really hope I'm wrong about this guy because we need him, but I don't see this being down to lack of game time. It appeared to be attitude as much as skills.

Really hope your wrong but I’m beginning to think we bought a 14m dud - just doesn’t look up to it - possibly at championship level but not Prem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here