Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Grenfell

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That would be Erdington, Birmigham - lived there for just shy of 5 years

NB eldest is a Brummie but repatriated before he was one but best not remind him
Yes Erdington , you tried to tell me you had experience of living in a place with a high number of immigrants , turns out it was Erdington as described here on wikipedia i think the first line proves my point
Screenshot_20180601-234435.png

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Show me where I posted gangster stuff.

Here:

no 1 understands anything you say blud, however you seem to have a penchant for threatening people which is bare ghetto to say the least fam.

Na man that's long. Where's da threat? ---- I'll give you da hole weekend to come up with something or else I'm getting Big G onto you fam. You getz me!

On Monday 4th June you can come to my area and apologise (no guns) - I want a fresh breath blud:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Quite probably no-one understands anything you say, however you seem to have a .penchant for threatening people which is extremely sad to say the least

Probably just the chosen ones that naturally deserve it

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The reason this issue will never get resolved and why Grenfell's will occur again is because they have used the cladding as a scapegoat. It's cheap and easy to replace and by re-cladding and testing it looks like they are solving the problem. They're not. The problem lies in the gas piping in these buildings and until that is ripped out and replaced all high rises are at risk. Wait until that revelation is made public. Lots of people with lots of blood on their hands.

Sorry but you’re talking bollocks.

I work in the cladding industry and am currently working on several tower block recladding projects.

If Grenfell had been clad in non-combustible products the fire would not have spread like it did.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I work in the cladding industry and am currently working on several tower block recladding projects.

If Grenfell had been clad in non-combustible products the fire would not have spread like it did.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. Yes, the cladding spread the fire and was certainly a problem. That was clearly the case. But that's not what I was saying.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. Yes, the cladding spread the fire and was certainly a problem. That was clearly the case. But that's not what I was saying.

The reason this issue will never get resolved and why Grenfell's will occur again is because they have used the cladding as a scapegoat. It's cheap and easy to replace and by re-cladding and testing it looks like they are solving the problem. They're not. The problem lies in the gas piping in these buildings and until that is ripped out and replaced all high rises are at risk. Wait until that revelation is made public. Lots of people with lots of blood on their hands.

I believe this is what you said originally, that Butch Willykins was responding too. I am also puzzled, so do please explain what you were trying to say?

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
it happens to be the case that most recent immigrants arent white , but no , i mean british , not white so you can take your attempt at deflection and i think you know where you can stick it.

Well I apologise but your comment did make it ambiguous! However, you are still talking absolute bollocks

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
ive lived in joint private /social housing blocks and ive seen immigrant allicated housing who have been here a matter of weeks , are you telling me im lying ?

Well I wouldn't say lying, but misguided, ill-informed and plain stupid with the merest hint of racism and bigotry I think would but it more accurately.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well I wouldn't say lying, but misguided, ill-informed and plain stupid with the merest hint of racism and bigotry I think would but it more accurately.
You are the one talking bollocks I’m afraid

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1222466167715115012[/TWEET]

But surely you have no reason to fear prosecution if you haven't done anything illegal...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've been following the case (as an architect not involved in any cladding projects), but have worked in these kind of contractual relationships. When considering negligence, it's difficult to imagine collective negligence by so many parties; the architects, manufacturers, main contractor, facade design consultant, fire consultant, building control. It's clear that given how many buildings in the UK (400+) have been clad in ACMs above 18m, that many designers, building controls, contractors etc. all believed it was safe to specify the materials that were used on Grenfell. Negligence is normally a test whether another person in the same position would have reasonably done the same thing. The sheer number of other examples to Grenfell would suggest that yes, many other consultants and people did do the same things, and it would be unreasonable to conclude they all did it knowing there was a fire risk.

Protection from giving incriminating evidence is probably the only way the inquiry will now have a chance to get to the bottom of what happened, and how policies, regulations, testing, certifying can all be changed to try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I suspect your insight into how these projects develop and the knowledge inside the industry will be much more specific than mine. Ultimately, deregulation and self certification has opened us up to this kind of disaster.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I've been following the case (as an architect not involved in any cladding projects), but have worked in these kind of contractual relationships. When considering negligence, it's difficult to imagine collective negligence by so many parties; the architects, manufacturers, main contractor, facade design consultant, fire consultant, building control. It's clear that given how many buildings in the UK (400+) have been clad in ACMs above 18m, that many designers, building controls, contractors etc. all believed it was safe to specify the materials that were used on Grenfell. Negligence is normally a test whether another person in the same position would have reasonably done the same thing. The sheer number of other examples to Grenfell would suggest that yes, many other consultants and people did do the same things, and it would be unreasonable to conclude they all did it knowing there was a fire risk.

Protection from giving incriminating evidence is probably the only way the inquiry will now have a chance to get to the bottom of what happened, and how policies, regulations, testing, certifying can all be changed to try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I suspect your insight into how these projects develop and the knowledge inside the industry will be much more specific than mine. Ultimately, deregulation and self certification has opened us up to this kind of disaster.

Wholeheartedly agree, if answers are wanted and an opportunity to avoid a re-occurrence (basically, if the truth is wanted) then immunity is needed.

Doubt it'll happen though, can't see the families allowing it. And can't really blame them I suppose.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here