Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam johnson sacked

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Even that would be fine in Germany but it's a good point.

If a complaint was made it would not be fine in Germany

The age of consent in Germany is 14, as long as a person over the age of 21 does not exploit a 14- to 15-year-old person's lack of capacity for sexual self-determination, in which case a conviction of an individual over the age of 21 requires a complaint from the younger individual; being over 21 and engaging in sexual relations with a minor of that age does not constitute an offense by itself. Otherwise the age of consent is 16, although provisions protecting minors against abuse apply until the age of 18 (under Section 182(1), it is illegal to engage in sexual activity with a person under 18 "by taking advantage of an exploitative situation"[30]).

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
Should Sunderland be able to make a claim against Johnson for loss of value?

These clubs should start having clauses that if a player breaks the law in a particular instance of say sexual assault, then they are liable for the loss of value their misdemeanour causes the club.

Sunderland have ended up sacking a £12m asset, the right thing to do, but he's caused that loss from his own actions in breaking the law.

I realise there is no basis for this in law for this, but it is tough on Sunderland, or any football club that invested in a player who then goes on to break the law.

I seem to remember that chelsea sued Adrian Mutu for loss of transfer value etc after he was caught failing a drugs test. Can't remember the outcome though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I seem to remember that chelsea sued Adrian Mutu for loss of transfer value etc after he was caught failing a drugs test. Can't remember the outcome though.

It was ruled that Mutu had to pay Chelsea around 17million euros for breach of contract and loss of value. How much has actually been paid I don't know as various appeals that have happened since the original ruling have meant that Juventus and Livorno are jointly responsible to pay, although as recently as last year another appeal said that Mutu was solely responsible for paying Chelsea.

1066gull

OK, to expand on my previous comments I have just come across this investigation today that was published by BBC News. It turns out their are secret groups on Facebook and other mainstream sites. This is the everyday internet and not the dark web! The dark web is also another completely separate matter but one that is harder to access to everyday users. It's also one that is extremely difficult to track. So if this sort of behavior is somewhat common place and relatively easy to get hold of what are we gonna do about it to tackle the problem? If it is more widespread than first feared amongst people that you may even know - what are we gonna do to confront the problem? Do we confront these people online and in public or do we just let them be?

Now I have read this article I do have to admit I do see suspicious tweets on Twitter occasionally, some of them in the form of retweets by people I follow and some of them in the active searches which can be easily accessed from any hashtag. Most of the time this kind of behaviour is done by people who don't display a profile picture probably so it is hard to know who is actually posting this kind of thing but I really do think something has to be done about this and its no longer a matter for just the police or the courts. The problem is far greater than that and I think we, as a society and a community need to own up and face the problem head on and by doing that we can stop people from offending in the first place - which protects potential victims.

EDIT
I forgot to link the article....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35521068

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why the feck did he have to google the age of consent? Surely everyone knows that! And to do it after he'd kissed her or whatever happened shows a complete lack of caring if he really wasn't sure on it - seems Bizaare.

If it was a case of meeting a girl in a club & her saying she's 18 when she's 15 (as per initial rumours I believe) I would have sympathised... But she was only just 15 & clearly told him she was year 10 - not good at all. I swear Johnson was rarely in the public eye off the field - certainly never came across as a **** from what I remember - disappointing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Difficult to believe he scored in the PL only last Sunday

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Nice to see you have you're IQ in your username, wish I would have thought of that.

Well you didn't did you because you have the IQ of a plant little girl !!

1066gull

Why the feck did he have to google the age of consent? Surely everyone knows that! And to do it after he'd kissed her or whatever happened shows a complete lack of caring if he really wasn't sure on it - seems Bizaare.

If it was a case of meeting a girl in a club & her saying she's 18 when she's 15 (as per initial rumours I believe) I would have sympathised... But she was only just 15 & clearly told him she was year 10 - not good at all. I swear Johnson was rarely in the public eye off the field - certainly never came across as a **** from what I remember - disappointing.
He knew fully aware what he done and that he broke the law. He probably was just digging to see if there was anything he could do to fix it. The man obviously panicked and was hoping to find a miracle. Seriously, it beggars believe how some people think the other party is gonna conform to their secret. They girl obviously was uncomfortable with the whole thing judging by the messages that have been published. It's obvious he took advantage of her.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he'll get quite a heavy sentence i reckon.....have to be in line with the gang of 12 conviction last week......he'll be looking at 8-10 yrs i would say, not good at all for a chap such as him........!!:down:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How on earth can his girlfriend stay with him? Doesn't she have any self-respect?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suppose someone ought to point out we have only heard the PROSECUTIONS opening statements.

To a fat postie it's hard to know where the defence will go against what's already been said, but they must believe they have a case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I suppose someone ought to point out we have only heard the PROSECUTIONS opening statements.

For the not guilty charges this is true. But he has already admitted to some abhorrent behaviour. And if the text messages shown in court are true, I cannot believe they have been fabricated, then there is only one way to interprete them. This will be a pretty quick case IMHO.

How on earth can his girlfriend stay with him? Doesn't she have any self-respect?

You have to hand it to these WAGS, I know they get a bad press but they all seem incredibility loyal to their muti Millionaire partners.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You have to hand it to these WAGS, I know they get a bad press but they all seem incredibility loyal to their muti Millionaire partners.
If they are married they can get a decent settlement, if they are not married they are, as you say, loyal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it was a case of meeting a girl in a club & her saying she's 18 when she's 15 (as per initial rumours I believe)

I don't think they were rumours of what happened, I think it was more a case of the instinct reaction of many people (mostly men) when a man is charged with sleeping with an underaged girl that 'she probably told him he was 18, have you seen teenage girls these days?' and that defence from people with no knowledge of the details repeated everywhere just got taken as 'fact'.

The moment the charges were announced (which was, as I recall, how the story broke), it was known grooming was one of the charges. While grooming has a wide interpretation, it requires at least one prior meeting making it very unlikely that it was just a case of a guy in a club assuming the girl was ID checked on the door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here