Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Brazil

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As usual, some fans and media getting carried away with friendly results, and really two very average friendly results. I remember us winning away to Germany a couple of years ago with Alli playing brilliantly and everyone getting far too excited about how good we were, that worked out well!

We've got a terrible manager, average keepers, decent defence, terrible midfield and two excellent strikers. We'll be out in the first round.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
irrelevant. because the game is a friendly you think the players intentionally play any worse? utter nonsense.
Managers experiment in friendlies, they try different players, different formations etc. The aim of a friendly is to advance your team, not to win the game at all costs. It's different, surely you can accept that?

Jan 30, 2008
crap atmosphere again, 84k =CHINESE TOURISTS , people more interested in taking pictures on their phones , pathetic band with a handful of happy clappers to please ,ORCHESTRATED FLAG WAVING....... it's finished :facepalm:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
If you're in Swindon, why not try Reading - just a few exits along the M4 and lovely old Championship football........

.......... and leave the rest of us to enjoy it - watching some of the best footballers in the world.
whilst being ripped off with everything associated with watching them.............don't believe the hype.
regards
DR

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we reached the bottom of a cycle against Iceland and are back on an upswing. Team is better, at this point Southgate for all of my reservations is doing better than Woy, showing some imagination and risk taking in his selections. Clearly we have started moving in the right direction at youth levels. Can we win in Russia? Almost certainly not, but we can blood some youngsters, play progressively and put some building blocks in place for the 2020 euros by which time some of the promising youngsters will hopefully have progressed into real stars.

For all the numerous faults of the FA the work they have done at elite youth level in the last few years has been remarkable. It just needs courage, time, and a bit of luck to convert that into a team that can challenge for the big prizes. I think the pessimism shown on here towards England while justified in the past is misplaced right now. I think we are 2/3 years from having a very decent side.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yes, two nil - nil draws against the top two rated sides in the world but a big step forward from the horrible boring negative stuff we have been playing for years. We kept our shape and defended really well against the really strong attacking side Brazil OK not a lot going forward i will agree, but this was the best two English displays for many a year.

I'd rather we went out to win and got beaten, than what we did in the last two matches. Playing at home and managing just 3 shots on target in 180 minutes of football at international level is pathetic. As for it being the best English display for many a year, that's not much of a positive, the bar was set very low by Roy Hodgson.

Brazil targeted our lack of composure on the ball by pressing, and we blindly hoofed the ball every time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8202202 said:
Make it happen Gareth!

................................. Pickford ..............................

............... Stones ...... Dier ....... Dunk .................

Walker ....................................................... Rose

.................... Alli ......... Loftus Cheek .................

Sterling ............................................... Rashford

................................ Kane .................................

There i s no way that Dunk will get picked over Maguire I also woundnt want Dier as a centre back and would prefer him as DM shielding them.

So my back 3 if fit would be Jones....Stones....Maguire and the 5 would be Walker Dier Alli Loftus Cheek Rose with Kane Rashford up front.

Based on tlast night no reason to replace Hart with Pickford or Butland.

SAC

May 21, 2014
As usual, some fans and media getting carried away with friendly results, and really two very average friendly results. I remember us winning away to Germany a couple of years ago with Alli playing brilliantly and everyone getting far too excited about how good we were, that worked out well!

We've got a terrible manager, average keepers, decent defence, terrible midfield and two excellent strikers. We'll be out in the first round.

I haven't seen or read anyone getting carried away after these results. I have read positive reports of the two matches, which were pretty positive in comparison to other times we have played half decent opposition.

It seems that some people, not you necessarily, are not happy unless England do badly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I haven't seen or read anyone getting carried away after these results. I have read positive reports of the two matches, which were pretty positive in comparison to other times we have played half decent opposition.

It seems that some people, not you necessarily, are not happy unless England do badly.

According to Phil McNulty of the BBC, Southgate is leading a quiet revolution. WTF?! How can calling up some kids from the under 21 team he used to manage for a couple of meaningless friendlies be a 'revolution'?!

I would love England to do well but I really can't see any serious signs of recovery at the moment and have zero confidence in Southgate as a manager with no track record.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
whilst being ripped off with everything associated with watching them.............don't believe the hype.
regards
DR

I think I'm grown-up and discriminating enough to recognise hype and when I am being ripped off..............

.............. and if I thought I was being ripped off, I would not have renewed my season ticket. I was talking to a Chelsea fan last night who told me she does not go regularly any more because she could not justify the £800 for a season ticket. That's a hell of a lot more than I pay for a very good view in WSU.

Jan 30, 2008
I think I'm grown-up and discriminating enough to recognise hype and when I am being ripped off..............

.............. and if I thought I was being ripped off, I would not have renewed my season ticket. I was talking to a Chelsea fan last night who told me she does not go regularly any more because she could not justify the £800 for a season ticket. That's a hell of a lot more than I pay for a very good view in WSU.
report today saying that young fans are being priced out of top flight football , to many sleepwalking into and in retirement at football these days FACT, disposable income and all that
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here