Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agnostic vs Atheist

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Well that is completely wrong. There is common agreement that it is impossible to prove there is or isn't a god, regardless of whether you are atheist, agnostic or believer. That's the one thing they all agree on!

But only one side of the argument shoulders the burden of proof.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Tbh honest, "God" creating everything is just as unbelievable as a "big bang" doing so.
Maybe, just maybe they're both wrong...?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Nope. We can actually see and have photographed the big bang. In fact it's one of very few scientific facts I believe. You probably have a point on what happened before the big bang though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well that is completely wrong. There is common agreement that it is impossible to prove there is or isn't a god, regardless of whether you are atheist, agnostic or believer. That's the one thing they all agree on!

utter nonsense. its entirely possible to disprove the classical Abrahamic God doesn't exist. equally its entirely possible any deity to prove they exist, though so far they have not done so. if such matters had common agreement, there wouldnt be much room for the agnostic.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Upon death I'd love to find out god is real. I'd be so red-faced about all the things I've said (generally quite insulting) about the big guy. But would he care about the things I've said? If he is all powerful, and created everything, is he really so bloody insecure that he needs us all to praise him all the time? And is he going to punish me for eternity for, through no fault of my own, not believing in him? I wouldn't think so. Maybe he'd just give me a bunch of chores to do for a while.

I would love to find out he is real as well, I would kick him in the nuts for inventing cancer and shove a brick up his omnipotent arse for mass murder through the use of Tsunamis, earthquakes, floods and the such like. What a #@N%.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nope. We can actually see and have photographed the big bang. In fact it's one of very few scientific facts I believe. You probably have a point on what happened before the big bang though.
A superior race?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would love to find out he is real as well, I would kick him in the nuts for inventing cancer and shove a brick up his omnipotent arse for mass murder through the use of Tsunamis, earthquakes, floods and the such like. What a #@N%.

Stephen Fry also said something similar when asked.... if you turn up at the purly gates etc.... i dont want to bloody go in he said ....

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I am an atheist as there is no evidence for a god to be real. I have made a realistic decision that religion was man made, to answer life's big questions before we had science.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What clap trap. Atheists don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean at some point in the future, if some miracle should befall them, they won't accept his existence.

There is no such thing as a miracle so that position will not arise.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
utter nonsense. its entirely possible to disprove the classical Abrahamic God doesn't exist. equally its entirely possible any deity to prove they exist, though so far they have not done so. if such matters had common agreement, there wouldnt be much room for the agnostic.

Nope - you can't prove a negative existential. That is a fundamental law of logic. The best you can do is achieve a level of probablility.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If you can't be certain of disbelief in a story as ridiculous as God, with absolutely no evidence to support the completely wild religious claims, what can you be certain about?

If i told you i could fly for instance. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it. So can you not say, for certain, that i can't?

Well I wouldn't dream of arguing with anyone about this but my own non-evangelical view is that until someone can explain to me what existed before the beginning of everything I'll just have to allow the possibility that there exists something that is beyond everyone's ability to come to terms with. Call it Fred, PPF or GOD; doesn't really matter.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
If there is a God, why has he made me an Atheist?

Christians would tie you in knots saying that God gave you free will and if you choose not to believe in HIM then you won't be saved (or to put it another way - doomed). I used to have fun debating this stuff with door knocking bible bashers in the US, but they are programmed to deflect any counter-argument...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here