Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Ashley Barnes*set to leave Turf Moor

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Would I welcome him back? Definitely.

Would it be for 8m? No, though that's probably the going rate in the PL for a player of his calibre and experience.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Phook right off.... this would just take the effin biscuit...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could Naylor soon be touting this in a Dean Hammond way???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to have missed these counter attacks...

That's because Murray and Hemed are so slow that when our wingers break upfield they arrive at the byline as Hemed or Murray lumber up from helping out in defence and have only just made it over the half way line as the winger is surrounded by three defenders with nobody to pass to....probably

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I seem to have missed these counter attacks...

Reading broadsheet and pundit previews of our season, reviews of the 3 games so far and having witnessed our play so far, CH has gone down the route of a packed solid defence, with counter attacking at pace.

To date we've been held back by only having widemen with that pace. But we've added Izquerdo and no doubt today we will sign two quality strikers with pace.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If this is true, then Burnley's striker business has been absolutely WOEFUL.

Downgrade Barnes for Walters
Downgrade Gray for Wells
Spend £15m for a minor upgrade of Vokes to Wood

Shambles

I think Gray is a moody git and Dyce has got the hump with him. Agree though that doesn't look that much better.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Frankly, would take him given the amount of tumbleweed blowing across Lancing currently. Someone who sits next to me at the AMEX would be apoplectic!

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I was not too bothered when Gray was sold (pace only real asset) but I would have been very disappointed if we had lost Barnes (a limited but very useful 100% player).

I still think Barnes will score vital goals this season (maybe from the bench) but I am bemused why Dyche would even consider selling him - Burnley certainly do not need the money (they've brought in more than they have spent this summer on top of the TV money).

I can only think that our manager thinks he can get more out of Wood & Wells than their previous clubs have managed - Dyche has history for this (eg Huddersfield fans laughed when we signed Arfield, Hull fans laughed when we signed Boyd, similar with Tom Heaton, Dave Jones and Dean Marney.

All have made massive strides since they have played for Dyche. Even, the lazy Defour seems to be putting a shift in this season (maybe hoping for a Belgium recall).

Still, I can see Barnes moving in January if he is not getting much game time. But if he is not playing, it would probably mean we will be doing OK.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can imagine Barnes coming back in the 1st week of January whilst we pursue a 2nd striker all through the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here