Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you're in the Premier League when......

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
You are planning your trip to the pub in the city to watch the opening game live..............

........on Sunday at 2.30am:albion2::eek::mad:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
When your son is buzzing and costing you a ****ing fortune in the club shop.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think everyone is going to get a bit of a shock when we are on Match of The Day.

I used to go to the Fulham games a lot when I lived in Hammersmith with work colleague and it was unreal how the game was edited. I remember one game Fulham hit the post 3 times and were very unlucky to loose 2-0 (can't remember opponent), yet none of those post shots even made the MOTD highlights. In their eyes its always the winning team that were better, its like they just see the score and the narrative is already set.

And from what I have seen the last couple of seasons nothing has changed much in terms of bias. If we play a top 6 side, we won't even get a mention. They'll talk about Arsenal/City/United/Liverpool for 5-10mins and then just quickly says something off hand about us like "And Brighton? They just weren't good enough really were they". If we do score a goal against a top side they'll put it down to dreadful defending. However, all of this is much better than playing/defending well for 90mins but getting a 5-mins rinsing on one lapse in concentration of a player who they'll basically laugh at whilst its replayed over and over.

Agree.Hate the format and I think MOTD will annoy the hell out of us this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mike-Dean-referee.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When you get to be on SBS, the free to air channel here who show a live Premier League game every Saturday during the season.

double dip dave

Nov 1, 2016
when you book your holiday at the beginning of the year and then get promoted and find out you will miss first game against city

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
when you book your holiday at the beginning of the year and then get promoted and find out you will miss first game against city

When you plan ahead by working out when the international break is and jet off for some sun then, returning in time for the West Brom game. (smug) :)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
When you're on holiday in Asia and the cabbie starts asking you about the chances of his team (the Albion) this season

Had this last Winter in the Indonesian jungle. Turns out we were really big names across Asia last season as we were seen as guaranteed to win at home so the gamblers absolutely loved us. Assume that's less the case after Bristol City....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You suddenly realise that you want the top six to win all (but 2) of their games in the season and your anybody but ManUtd rule is slipping

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here