Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Picture do you have Hanging in your Living Room?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Above my fireplace I have a painting that I was told by the seller that it is extremely rare and will only increase in value over the years, it was not cheap but as advised I have insured it for £5000.
To be fair it is superb, and I often look at it and wonder just how the artist managed to get those two dogs playing pool to look so lifelike.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
From our time in India...

761-2014107133254_original.jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have a picture painted by an elephant (that we got from an elephant sanctuary in Bali) and the certificate of authenticity, with a picture of the elephant (Debi for those whose are experts in elephant artists) painting what is clearly the picture above.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
2 Alexander Millars
A Paul Horton
A Sarah Jane Szikora
2 Anne Magills
A cross stitch that my late uncle sewed
One of those montage frames of family photos
Hand drawn pictures of my children
The Alexander Millars, Paul Horton and Sarah j s are "signed prints" the rest are priceless!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm a wannabe time-travelling philanderer, so I have a portrait of Nicholas Lyndhurst, with a ravaging look in his eyes and maniacal beam. At his 20th century foot he also has a dodo beak, which he collected on one of his trips to his 3 Mauritian wives, to whom he was the god of long faces, in 1633. The work was painted by Roger Smittens, Britain's largest-handed painter - I attempted to wield his giant, thick brush, but to no avail.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Fabian Perez

Attachments

• Fabian-Perez-Fav-Artist-Paola-on-the-couch.jpg
    Fabian-Perez-Fav-Artist-Paola-on-the-couch.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 166

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just decorating my house at my moment but planning on having a panorama of the Vancouver skyline at sunset . I'm a sucker for these cityscape kinda images for some reason.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
That's what you think about when you see this picture???
Not eveyone is familiar with the question mark emoji so it would have been advisable to insert an actual question mark at the end of your sentence. Reading your post a lot of people will think you are making a statement confirming that you think the same thing as he does when you look at that picture and you'll have come across as just as much as a weirdo as he has.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Not eveyone is familiar with the question mark emoji so it would have been advisable to insert an actual question mark at the end of your sentence. Reading your post a lot of people will think you are making a statement confirming that you think the same thing as he does when you look at that picture and you'll have come across as just as much as a weirdo as he has.

It was a light hearted joke, not an indepth analysis. If people I've never met think I'm weird then that's fine by me, thanks for the feedback

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Currently have Edvard Munch's "The Scream" and a vintage Munich Zoo poster

View attachment 87490

View attachment 87491
Not to criticise, but do you not find the Scream to be a bit intense for a living room?

Once while nosily peering in houses as I walked around I saw someone had hung a massive Guernica right next to where they watch Britain's Got Talent. Wonderful work obvously, but seemed a bizarre choice to me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Not to criticise, but do you not find the Scream to be a bit intense for a living room?

Once while nosily peering in houses as I walked around I saw someone had hung a massive Guernica right next to where they watch Britain's Got Talent. Wonderful work obvously, but seemed a bizarre choice to me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Funnily enough I used to have Guernica in my bedroom when I was in my early twenties. As for The Scream I wasn't intending to put it where it was. We tried another picture there but the dimensions were wrong. I put The Scream up merely to demonstrate the dimensions of frame that were needed for the space which were ideal but I never took it down again as it looked quite good once up. It's only been there a couple of months and isn't necessarily staying long term.

On the subject of Guernica did you see Michael Portillo's documentary on the Spanish Civil War last night on Quest. Very interesting with lots of original colour footage. Part 2 next week.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Along with the Nick Cave print, I have as prints these two pictures of Nick Drake and Neil Young also in front of a brick wall.

I think this will look great on your wall, it fits all the criteria. Will also inject a bit of much needed colour as I'm sure you'll agree...

a6c9f1131258a78a059e69e9e5bb546c--neil-sedaka-album-covers.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here