Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham United U23s v Albion U23s, kick-off 7pm tonight...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was going to ask about Jason Davis as I don't think the club released any information about him signing a contract extension, he's still listed on the DS section though on the Wikipedia page. Is Connor Pring still with the club?

If you are interested in the academy players, I could recommend a decent twitter account that will keep you up-to-date.....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Going back to that OP, didn't CH say that March would be featuring tonight? Not according to how I read the selected 16.

I'd suggest a relapse, but the optimist in me says there might be a pleasant surprise tomorrow night.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Who is Skapetis? :shrug:
He's an Australian trialist described as a 21-year-old quick, strong forward who served a scholarship at QPR and then moved on to Stoke City in the summer of 2014 for a reported fee of ₤300,000. Unfortunately he suffered two cruciate ligament injuries (one to each knee) and was released at the end of last season.

Not everyone follows the development squad in the detail I do you see, so it's understandable you'd never heard of him.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Going back to that OP, didn't CH say that March would be featuring tonight? Not according to how I read the selected 16.

I'd suggest a relapse, but the optimist in me says there might be a pleasant surprise tomorrow night.

On Friday in the Argus it was reported that March has been pencilled in for the U-23 Premier League Cup match against Nottm Forest at the training ground next Saturday at 2pm.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's an Australian trialist described as a 21-year-old quick, strong forward who served a scholarship at QPR and then moved on to Stoke City in the summer of 2014 for a reported fee of ₤300,000. Unfortunately he suffered two cruciate ligament injuries (one to each knee) and was released at the end of last season.

Not everyone follows the development squad in the detail I do you see, so it's understandable you'd never heard of him.

Cheers GFH! :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On Friday in the Argus it was reported that March has been pencilled in for the U-23 Premier League Cup match against Nottm Forest at the training ground next Saturday at 2pm.

More guilt: I've just been found out for not reading articles carefully enough :blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Thanks for clearing that up.
I was wondering who this mystery man was I just didn't know who to ask.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for clearing that up.
I was wondering who this mystery man was I just didn't know who to ask.
It's no problem, I like to make sure that this sort of info is available to the wider fanbase. It's normally a thankless underappreciated task but I soldier on.
Any idea when March is next due to play?
Certainly, on Friday Argus it was reported in The Argus that March has been pencilled in for the U-23 Premier League Cup match against Nottm Forest at the training ground next Saturday at 2pm.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's no problem, I like to make sure that this sort of info is available to the wider fanbase. It's normally a thankless underappreciated task but I soldier on.

Certainly, on Friday Argus it was reported in The Argus that March has been pencilled in for the U-23 Premier League Cup match against Nottm Forest at the training ground next Saturday at 2pm.

We'd be lost without you.
It's a shame there aren't more fans as committed as yourself :bowdown:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Harper is brought on a minute into injury time, would that suggest some truth in the rumours about him leaving in January?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Hi guys, I was walking up the road and heard a rumor that Peter Skapetis is on the bench for the U23s. Anyone know if that's true?

Really? Didn't he suffer from a nasty knee injury?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
We'd be lost without you.
It's a shame there aren't more fans as committed as yourself :bowdown:
Amen to that, [MENTION=24420]Gullflyinghigh[/MENTION] is a diamond.
Thank you both. If I can inspire just one other person to pick up the development team torch then I'll be happy.

AZG, you seem to be keen so how about I let you take it from here? Don't worry too much, I'll be around to help out if needed on anything too tricky.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He should do a Twitter account about the dev squad, that would be helpful.
Sadly social networking isn't my strength, I'm sure someone will have the presence of mind to do in my stead, ideally starting in the past, instead.
It's an onerous task, but if you feel I'm ready I'll accept the challenge.
You really are, consider the torch passed. Do me proud!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here