Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton ticket offer - 999 workers

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Any idea how you go about taking advantage of this? I've had a look on the ticket sales bit of the club website and there's no mention of it. Thanks a lot for any info you can give.

EDit: Just seen you received an email via work, so I'll have a look when I'm next in.

Was trying to put the poster attached to email on here but not that technical I'm afraid. Good offer for anyone who knows someone in emergency services.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 11.48.43.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And if someone doesn't buy them ? They've been on the market for a while but nobody seems interested unless they're waiting for the tax etc stuff to be sorted ?

Its unlikely anyone would buy them in their current state, as who would want to take on £185m worth of debt. I gather the vast majority of that debt is owed to the owner Eddie Davies (not unlike the situation with our own Uncle Tony...). He just can't afford to fund it any more.

They'll go bust, and once that debt has been written off a vulture like Steve Parrish will move in and pick over the carcass. Betcha.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Its unlikely anyone would buy them in their current state, as who would want to take on £185m worth of debt. I gather the vast majority of that debt is owed to the owner Eddie Davies (not unlike the situation with our own Uncle Tony...). He just can't afford to fund it any more.

They'll go bust, and once that debt has been written off a vulture like Steve Parrish will move in and pick over the carcass. Betcha.

I thought Davies said he would write his debt off to anyone buying?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

He is writing off c£185m. I think the problem is that the club has continued to lose money since Davies withdrew his support and is going to continue to do so, with no obvious way of stemming that loss in the short-term. Relegation is also inevitable so revenues will fall back even further.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Fair play to him if he does. What % of that £185m debt is owed to Davies I wonder ? The other factor is that they've got a squad stuffed with overpaid failures on the payroll who, if they can't sell, are unlikely to just walk away from whatever contract they're sitting on. The club really needs to just go bust and start afresh, and that's (presumably) what any potential owner is waiting on happening before they move in.

It'll get worse before it gets better for Bolton, that's for sure.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He is writing off c£185m. I think the problem is that the club has continued to lose money since Davies withdrew his support and is going to continue to do so, with no obvious way of stemming that loss in the short-term. Relegation is also inevitable so revenues will fall back even further.

Yes that's how I understood it. Without his bankrolling they are stuffed. Difficult to see why anyone would buy it, except to asset strip perhaps!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes that's how I understood it. Without his bankrolling they are stuffed. Difficult to see why anyone would buy it, except to asset strip perhaps!

A great stadium, a loyal (if dwindling) fanbase, a club with a rich history steeped in tradition. None of these are helpful in the short term of course, but if a scrubby two-bit no-mark outfit like Palace can attract a buyer then survive and thrive after cheating all and sundry (twice) by overspending on players to artificially maintaining itself at a higher level which it could not afford, then why not Bolton ?

They'll survive. It won't be pretty, but they'll still be around next season.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

This.

Pretty sure the various people rumoured to be putting together deals to "save" the club will have just been waiting for administration to kick in so that most of the debt is written off before one of them takes over. It would make zero financial sense to chuck a load of money in before admin which is why it's not happened despite all the hot air.

ED will write off the massive amount he's owed, a deal will be done with HMRC etc and the club will still exist.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This.

Pretty sure the various people rumoured to be putting together deals to "save" the club will have just been waiting for administration to kick in so that most of the debt is written off before one of them takes over. It would make zero financial sense to chuck a load of money in before admin which is why it's not happened despite all the hot air.

ED will write off the massive amount he's owed, a deal will be done with HMRC etc and the club will still exist.

What exactly are you buying even if the debt is wiped out ? A club in League 1, I doubt much of a fan base, a team that will need plenty of rebuilding and plenty in a similar state like Coventry, Wigan, Sheff U, Millwall all wanting the same thing.

No wonder they can't get anyone in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here