Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Johnson

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Have you asked the HF if you can talk like this ? please **** off pathetic wanker ,hows your new screen shite paint and great green and red

Mind reposting this after it's been translated into English? I think you'll find I got 15 thumbs up or so from your lot for saying that I disagreed with how the HF executed their 'protest'. Isn't it a school night chap?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Mind reposting this after it's been translated into English? I think you'll find I got 15 thumbs up or so from your lot for saying that I disagreed with how the HF executed their 'protest'. Isn't it a school night chap?
Who brags about the amount of thumbs up they receive on a forum? Seriously don't be a total dick.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Who brags about the amount of thumbs up they receive on a forum? Seriously don't be a total dick.

Pretty sure my point was saying that NSC members recognised that I'm perfectly happy to criticise the HF when I disagree with how they act. I'm not surprised that you misread my post as bragging though.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Let's just take a look at the wider situation.

September 2013: They are a shambles of a side at the bottom of the PL, with most people doubting they will even get into double figures.

May 2014: Palace complete an amazing season with a turnaround that is probably unprecedented in PL history. Everything is looking rosy for them. They have a manager who has turned a group of fairly average players into the 12th best team in the country. I seem to remember someone on here saying they thought Palace would hang around the Premiership for a long time, and I think many of us would have begrudgingly agreed.

September 2014: Their saviour, Pulis, has gone, they have temporarily released a potentially effective goal scorer in Murray, and replaced him with a crocked ex-player, well past his best.

Not even the most optimistic of us could have even dreamed this would happen, leaving them in potentially the same position that they were in September 2013.

I think that calls for a :O

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

September 2013: They are a shambles of a side at the bottom of the PL, with most people doubting they will even get into double figures.

May 2014: Palace complete an amazing season with a turnaround that is probably unprecedented in PL history. Everything is looking rosy for them. They have a manager who has turned a group of fairly average players into the 12th best team in the country. I seem to remember someone on here saying they thought Palace would hang around the Premiership for a long time, and I think many of us would have begrudgingly agreed.

September 2014: Their saviour, Pulis, has gone, they have temporarily released a potentially effective goal scorer in Murray, and replaced him with a crocked ex-player, well past his best.

Not even the most optimistic of us could have even dreamed this would happen, leaving them in potentially the same position that they were in September 2013.

July 16th 2011 Brighton move into their shiny new stadium bought for them by a rich benefactor and so begins Brighton's attempt to buy themselves to success. Brighton fans start pretending that they are any different to the likes of Man Citeh.

Brighton fans cheer Pooyet kicking Muzza out thinking that he was being greedy and didn't really care about brighton anyway because he's a bit of a mardy bugger.

Muzza goes to Palace and Brighton buy CMS for £2.5million (more than the cost of any player Palace had bought in their team) and pay him higher wages than Murray was asking for.

Brighton fans go on incessantly about how they were out of Palace's shadow and that Palace would never be as big a club as Brighton. Palace go to Amex and are the first club to beat Brighton there in the league. Half the Brighton fans leave when Palace score the equaliser. 3/4s have left by the time Palace score the second. The rest leave when 'useless greedy, mardy Murray' scores the third. One highpitched cry remains 'FOR ****'S SAKE MURRAY!' T-shirts come out saying 'Buy CMS, get 1-3'.

Palace fans go on to enjoy a run to the Carling Cup Semi Final. Brighton fans enjoy ending the season about 3 points above Palace.

Brighton fans in the close season go on repeatedly about how crap Palace are and how much bigger they are then Palace whilst continuing to buy and loan over priced rubbish on high wages. Brighton come to Palace and smash open a gate, give a female steward a slap before retreating. Go on to lose 3-0.

Brighton fans repeatedly go on about Wilf Zaha being a diver (whilst ignoring their own Will Buckley's Tom Daleyesque attempts at simulation) and saying that he is worth £2m tops. Man United buy Wilf for £10-15m and loan him back to Palace for the end of the season.

Dougie Freedman walks out of the club and after lots of taunts from Brighton fans Holloway comes in and sneaks them into the playoffs despite a 3-0 loss at the Amex. Palace play Brighton at home and Brighton fans taunt Palace singing 'Que sera sera'. Palace go to the Amex and Pooyet and friends take a dump on the floor. Palace soundly beat Brighton 2-0, with that useless diving wilf zaha who's not even worth £2m scoring both. Pooyet says its impossible to take Brighton further because of the ceiling and is sacked live on air having been suspended since writing a letter to the marketing department insulting them for giving the tinpot fans clackers as they are incapable of creating their own atmosphere.

Palace go to Wembley and beat Watford 1-0 to go up to the Premiership.

Brighton get Oscar, bit part ex Barca and won the Israeli title with the only team thats ever won it. Brighton fans fap themselves silly over tikkitaka football. Whilst continuing to pay a huge amount on wages whilst crying about others doing it and saying FFPFFPFFPFFP. Brighton post huge losses...again.

Palace have an awful close season in the transfer market and buy lots of crap dross. Brighton fans fap themselves silly about how Palace will go down with a smaller point score than even Derby.

Holloway decides he's taken Palace as far as he can and falls on his sword. Brighton fans fap all over it. After a month Pulis comes in and goes great guns, the players are excellent and the fans recognised by all tv pundits as being the best in the league by miles. Brighton fans bet Palace won't even get 11 points whilst Palace end up finishing 11th. Pulis wins manager of the year and Joel Ward is touted as a possible for the world cup by the media. Meanwhile Brighton fans sing Que Sera Sera again and get beaten 6-2 on aggregate by Derby. Oscar says 'Impossible to take Brighton up because they're a bit shit really oh and theres a ceiling'. Quits. Brighton reserve right to sack him live on air but BBC and ITV decline to take him to world Cup because he's a bit crap.

Brighton get Sami Hyypia...exciting right?

Palace lose Pulis 2 days before the start of the season and still almost get a draw at Arsenal.

Palace make a hash of getting a new manager. Get one, turns out he's a racist, sexist, anti-Semite. Turns out his mate at Palace is as well.

Palace get Warnock, get back Zaha (who scores last minute equaliser on his debut) and then get back AJ....

Given the history are you sure you want to go on and on and gloat Brighton?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
July 16th 2011 Brighton move into their shiny new stadium bought for them by a rich benefactor and so begins Brighton's attempt to buy themselves to success. Brighton fans start pretending that they are any different to the likes of Man Citeh.

Brighton fans cheer Pooyet kicking Muzza out thinking that he was being greedy and didn't really care about brighton anyway because he's a bit of a mardy bugger.

Muzza goes to Palace and Brighton buy CMS for £2.5million (more than the cost of any player Palace had bought in their team) and pay him higher wages than Murray was asking for.

Brighton fans go on incessantly about how they were out of Palace's shadow and that Palace would never be as big a club as Brighton. Palace go to Amex and are the first club to beat Brighton there in the league. Half the Brighton fans leave when Palace score the equaliser. 3/4s have left by the time Palace score the second. The rest leave when 'useless greedy, mardy Murray' scores the third. One highpitched cry remains 'FOR ****'S SAKE MURRAY!' T-shirts come out saying 'Buy CMS, get 1-3'.

Palace fans go on to enjoy a run to the Carling Cup Semi Final. Brighton fans enjoy ending the season about 3 points above Palace.

Brighton fans in the close season go on repeatedly about how crap Palace are and how much bigger they are then Palace whilst continuing to buy and loan over priced rubbish on high wages. Brighton come to Palace and smash open a gate, give a female steward a slap before retreating. Go on to lose 3-0.

Brighton fans repeatedly go on about Wilf Zaha being a diver (whilst ignoring their own Will Buckley's Tom Daleyesque attempts at simulation) and saying that he is worth £2m tops. Man United buy Wilf for £10-15m and loan him back to Palace for the end of the season.

Dougie Freedman walks out of the club and after lots of taunts from Brighton fans Holloway comes in and sneaks them into the playoffs despite a 3-0 loss at the Amex. Palace play Brighton at home and Brighton fans taunt Palace singing 'Que sera sera'. Palace go to the Amex and Pooyet and friends take a dump on the floor. Palace soundly beat Brighton 2-0, with that useless diving wilf zaha who's not even worth £2m scoring both. Pooyet says its impossible to take Brighton further because of the ceiling and is sacked live on air having been suspended since writing a letter to the marketing department insulting them for giving the tinpot fans clackers as they are incapable of creating their own atmosphere.

Palace go to Wembley and beat Watford 1-0 to go up to the Premiership.

Brighton get Oscar, bit part ex Barca and won the Israeli title with the only team thats ever won it. Brighton fans fap themselves silly over tikkitaka football. Whilst continuing to pay a huge amount on wages whilst crying about others doing it and saying FFPFFPFFPFFP. Brighton post huge losses...again.

Palace have an awful close season in the transfer market and buy lots of crap dross. Brighton fans fap themselves silly about how Palace will go down with a smaller point score than even Derby.

Holloway decides he's taken Palace as far as he can and falls on his sword. Brighton fans fap all over it. After a month Pulis comes in and goes great guns, the players are excellent and the fans recognised by all tv pundits as being the best in the league by miles. Brighton fans bet Palace won't even get 11 points whilst Palace end up finishing 11th. Pulis wins manager of the year and Joel Ward is touted as a possible for the world cup by the media. Meanwhile Brighton fans sing Que Sera Sera again and get beaten 6-2 on aggregate by Derby. Oscar says 'Impossible to take Brighton up because they're a bit shit really oh and theres a ceiling'. Quits. Brighton reserve right to sack him live on air but BBC and ITV decline to take him to world Cup because he's a bit crap.

Brighton get Sami Hyypia...exciting right?

Palace lose Pulis 2 days before the start of the season and still almost get a draw at Arsenal.

Palace make a hash of getting a new manager. Get one, turns out he's a racist, sexist, anti-Semite. Turns out his mate at Palace is as well.

Palace get Warnock, get back Zaha (who scores last minute equaliser on his debut) and then get back AJ....

Given the history are you sure you want to go on and on and gloat Brighton?
tl;dr

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Just another example, of them being totally obsessed about us. How are their finances I wonder? The blackhole must still be growing by the day.

You're £100m in hoc to a single 'professional' gambler and regularly posting huge losses whilst claiming to being the only team sticking to FFP.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
How is Doyle or AJ better than Murray?! Bizarre!

It really isn't. Murray wanted to be playing week in, week out, we couldn't promise him that. Doyle and AJ are more than happy to be bit part players and that's exactly what they will be. We play 1 striker upfront and have Gayle, Chamackh and Campbell all ahead of them in the pecking order. Barring an injury crisis I doubt either player will be getting much game time.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You're £100m in hoc to a single 'professional' gambler and regularly posting huge losses whilst claiming to being the only team sticking to FFP.

1. We are not in debt to TB. I don't understand why you Palace idiots cannot get this fact into your thick skulls.

2. Whilst TB is a professional gambler, that is not how he made his money and massively underplays his strengths and competencies.

Other than that, spot on.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
1. We are not in debt to TB. I don't understand why you Palace idiots cannot get this fact into your thick skulls.

2. Whilst TB is a professional gambler, that is not how he made his money and massively underplays his strengths and competencies.

Other than that, spot on.

"We simply cannot sit back and rely on Tony's continued generosity alone," Barber said.

To me that says you are.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
This obsession with our losses is quite bizarre. You go on as if we're the only club in the whole league losing money, when actually the vast majority of teams do.

Actually, your chap Basil brought them up.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
"We simply cannot sit back and rely on Tony's continued generosity alone," Barber said.

To me that says you are.

It does not mean we are in debt to him. What it means is that the club has to develop sufficient ancillary revenue streams to fund future capital expenditure without relying on TB paying for it.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Perhaps Tony Bloom is as generous as everyone says and he will just write it all off as equity. The cost of the ground, the continued 100% income of your costs etc as he has done so so far. But the fact he would be able to convert it to equity means YOU OWE HIM MONEY. God Brighton fans are stupid...

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014

You couldn't be more wrong. Look at the team we had in September 13 to the one we have now, they are worlds apart. Back then we had players devoid of confidence under Holloway and lacking in Prem experience. A year on the same players are now confident as they know they can compete at this level after an amazing 2nd half of last season, have a years experience behind them and we have added the following quality players: Hennesey, Dann, Kelly, Ledley, Mcarthur and Zaha. We are so much stronger than a year ago and if you can't see that then you obviously know nothing about football :stupid:

Last edited:

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
It does not mean we are in debt to him. What it means is that the club has to develop sufficient ancillary revenue streams to fund future capital expenditure without relying on TB paying for it.

And how are they going to do that? You need something fast because your loses aren't sustainable mid - long term

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
And how are they going to do that? You need something fast because your loses aren't sustainable mid - long term

In fairness they sold Ulloa and Bridcut for £13m this season so will only have lost £12m this year :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here