Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you come across any of the team in 'real life' settings?

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Steve Gatting at Asda in Hollingbury too long ago to want to remember. Shopping with his missus, sporting a massive black eye (Gatt, not his missus).

Sammy Nelson at Corals squash club seven or eight years ago coming off court as I went on, looking as fit as a fiddle (Sammy, not me)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
FDM (Michel Kuipers for the JCLs) in Pizza Express Haywards Heath
Glenn Murray - walking down Hatton Garden in London - must have been buying a ring for his missus.

Bumped into FDM in the bakery in Patcham village. He was laden down with more cakes than I could eat in a month.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was on the same Amex tour as Eric Gill but apart from him alas there are no other players I have encountered outside of football :(

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I had a relative who played for the Albion,the very first Albion team ever...I saw him but never actually never met him to speak too though,he died in the late 40s, I was about 9 then.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Sat next to OGH at Brentford. Compared watches with virgs in the Hollingbury.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Is it that rare? I know it is now as it's impossible to combine the two sports, but in my watching lifetime alone I have seen four at least former Brighton players turn out for Sussex (Foreman, Suttle, Bates and Gatting) ... and there were certainly several more before I was born, notably Tommy Cook

That is rare.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That is rare.

Really? I don't know how many cricketers I've seen in the last 50 years but I doubt that it's more than 150 and four out of those have played for one football club. When you consider how few footballer-cricketers there are, that's really not that rare to me

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Really? I don't know how many cricketers I've seen in the last 50 years but I doubt that it's more than 150 and four out of those have played for one football club. When you consider how few footballer-cricketers there are, that's really not that rare to me

4 or 5 players in the history probably over a 100 years is probably one every 20 years in Sussex. Probably about one in a half million people.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
4 or 5 players in the history probably over a 100 years is probably one every 20 years in Sussex. Probably about one in a half million people.

You didn't read what I wrote. I said that's four since I've been watching Sussex, not in Sussex's history - that's four in about 48 years. I reckon I've seen about 130 players at Sussex, so that's about 1 in 32 that has been a Brighton player. It's not common but really not that rare. Now, if we were stacking one-eyed players or prime minister's grandsons, that would be rare

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Served Mike Small in what was Ritz video in station/boundary road. This must have been around 1990/91 when I worked there. I think it is a post office now.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Dickenson, Cox and a couple of the other 'lads' in Digital toilets joking about whose the shittest Brighton player after our 4 2 loss to Stockport.

Had a chat with OGH in the Digital cigarette area the night before our freindly against Tottenham.

This just tells me that I and a number of our former players spent too much time in Digital.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here