Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spain v Putin’s Empire (BBC1)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not sure if Spain's penalty claim was a clear and obvious error - so I can understand why it was not given - but it was definitely a talking point. So why didn't the BBC show it again and talk about it post match?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The`BBC panel unbelievably, didnt even deem fit to Discuss the incident !

are they on someones payroll?

What incident? The one that was clearly not a penalty and the VAR panel didn't even deem it worth the referee's attention?

Clutching at straws, Spain weren't good and up against a resilient team with an obvious game plan as we have done many times in Hughton's reign.

Adios.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So you can drag a player to the ground?

Barely any contact, would have been the softest penalty given this WC at a critical moment. They both hand their hands on each other.

Show me a video and I'll have another look, there seemed nothing in it (despite the commentator's ramblings) when I watched the replay.

Incomparable to some of Mitrovic and Kane's treatment.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I do not care how Spain went out even if it's a conspiracy. Pen or no pen Spain were simply not good enough. I am glad they have gone. Fed up of people bleating over Ranaldo, Messi, and 'BIG' nations like Argentina, Spain, Portugal and Germany. I am enjoying seeing them suffer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The`BBC panel unbelievably, didnt even deem fit to Discuss the incident !

are they on someones payroll?

Still feel a bit dirty watching this world cup, just can't help it. Reminds me a lot of South Korea in 2002

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Barely any contact, would have been the softest penalty given this WC at a critical moment. They both hand their hands on each other.

Show me a video and I'll have another look, there seemed nothing in it (despite the commentator's ramblings) when I watched the replay.

Incomparable to some of Mitrovic and Kane's treatment.

Kane and Mitrovic are just allowed to be kicked because they are big.

I am desperate to see it again now!

I had 20 quid on Russia so I am not too bothered lol

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just hypothetically:

Uruguay v France and Brazil v Belgium on one side of the draw.

England v Sweden and Russia v Croatia on the other.

One nonsense team is going to have a 90 minute shot at the World Cup. Unbelievable!

That's a bit harsh on France.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just finished watching back.

What a story for the hosts!

Not great for the football purist, but Russia did what they had to do and Spain just not able to break them down. Hats off to Russia I say.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
nope.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Clattenberg has just reviewed the non-penalty and says no penalty. The reverse view clearly shows Ramos linking arms with the defender and grabbing his shirt. Not wnough going on with Pique to be given either. VAR correct.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here