Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Before a dinner with EU leaders, including May, Tusk said: “I have no doubt that in the new global game, Europe will either be one of the major players, or a pawn. This is the only real alternative. In order to be the subject and not the object of global politics, Europe must be united economically, politically, and also militarily, like never before. To put it simply: either we are together, or we will not be at all.
“But, frankly speaking, Europe should be grateful by President Trump because thanks to him we have got rid of old illusions. He has made us realise that if you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm.”

Wise and salient words especially that last sentence.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Before a dinner with EU leaders, including May, Tusk said: “I have no doubt that in the new global game, Europe will either be one of the major players, or a pawn. This is the only real alternative. In order to be the subject and not the object of global politics, Europe must be united economically, politically, and also militarily, like never before. To put it simply: either we are together, or we will not be at all.
“But, frankly speaking, Europe should be grateful by President Trump because thanks to him we have got rid of old illusions. He has made us realise that if you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm.”

Yep, we are squaring ourselves up on the wrong side of history. Only those that can unite and work together will progress in the coming generations. At this rate we won't have a UK to speak of within 5 years. The Tory's have dismantled the UK and Leave Voters have been handing them the spanners.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Oh look - another reference to an EU army ..... something the remain campaign was adamant wasn't being planned despite Merkel wanting one.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Where is the reference to an EU army?

Care to explain what else "Europe must be united ........ ,and also militarily" could possibly mean ? Especially taking into account his swipe at Trump.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Care to explain what else "Europe must be united ........ ,and also militarily" could possibly mean ? Especially taking into account his swipe at Trump.

I cannot speak for HT but I don't think anyone is envisioning some huge army with a circle of stars on their helmets goosestepping across Europe.
For my part, I wouldn't mind an EU army. It might temper the UK's slavish response of following the US into every war they create. It would also be nice to spread the cost and resources of our rapidly dwindling armed services.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh look - another reference to an EU army ..... something the remain campaign was adamant wasn't being planned despite Merkel wanting one.

That’s some leap even for a desperate Brexiteers. “Europe must be united” does not necessarily mean an EU army does it?

D

Deleted member 22389

EU Army, what an absolute joke. That's the whole plan of the EU, make everyone the same with very little wiggle room. Use as much money as possible to influence and force a pro EU agenda on any country that decides to think otherwise. Sooner we get out of this crap the better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It could mean standing side-by-side as allies? Armies often do this.

FFS. This is like replying to a [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] post.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I do think that it's become blindingly obvious, even to the vast majority, what is going to happen in the next 8 weeks.

But if you haven't realised yet, I think I should be the first to warn you that I have EVEN WORSE NEWS about Santa Claus and the Tooth fairy :lolol::lolol::lolol:

What's that then that you continue to post drivel that no one takes any notice of ........... Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy and perhaps even [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] have more credibility than you mate, you are the resident nause, go on tell us your time-line for Brexit theory we all love that :yawn:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It could mean standing side-by-side as allies? Armies often do this.

FFS. This is like replying to a [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] post.

The ultimate 'me me me me ' poster, got anything worth saying that we havent heard a million times before ...........................

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot speak for HT but I don't think anyone is envisioning some huge army with a circle of stars on their helmets goosestepping across Europe.
For my part, I wouldn't mind an EU army. It might temper the UK's slavish response of following the US into every war they create. It would also be nice to spread the cost and resources of our rapidly dwindling armed services.

Agree. As an aside if I was in charge I’d definitely get you to work on my EU Army’s image and PR. I quite like your idea of a circle of stars goosestepping across Europe. I’d get them to find all the Brexiteers and spank their bottoms and tell them to not be such silly boys :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's very telling watching the personal abuse and mentions from the Leave mob rise on here the more desperate the Brexit situation gets. It doesn't paint a very flattering picture of how they handle pressure.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The ultimate 'me me me me ' poster, got anything worth saying that we havent heard a million times before ...........................

How about you’ve missed an apostrophe?

No doubt you’ve heard this a million times.... but with zero affect. :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agree. As an aside if I was in charge I’d definitely get you to work on my EU Army’s image and PR. I quite like your idea of a circle of stars goosestepping across Europe. I’d get them to find all the Brexiteers and spank their bottoms and tell them to not be such silly boys :lolol:

Quite. And on a slightly serious note, If the EU do decide to form a united army I'd rather have been in it than out of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite. And on a slightly serious note, If the EU do decide to form a united army I'd rather have been in it than out of it.

100% with you on this. The U.K. might even have some planes for their aircraft carrier, or was it an aircraft carrier they needed for their planes? I can’t remember which way around the embarrassing oversight was.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That’s some leap even for a desperate Brexiteers. “Europe must be united” does not necessarily mean an EU army does it?

are you saying there is call from within Europe federalist circles to have a unified EU army or defense force? didnt Macron mention this only last year? of course the quote could mean united through cooperation, but coming after "economically, politically" where we know united means more centralised control and governance, it seems likely they mean the same for military.

btw the carrier's were built knowing that the planes would be delivered afterwards, though they have been delayed more. they have made a slightly misguided decision to have latest state of the art fighters rather than last generation and subsequently not built in equipment to support launching non-STOVL planes. in the event of working electromagentic systems in not to distant future, this may turn out to be a shrewd move. a lot of political/economic influences here to buy something British-ish (BAE) rather than wholey military-decision making. we could cast our eye on who commissioned the carriers to understand more about that.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here