Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Virgin bin The Daily Mail

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So the paper that put Jo Cox's death on page 28 will no longer will available, gutted...

D

Deleted member 22389

Not really news is it, but I suppose it gets some of those extreme lefties excited, let them have it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So the paper that put Jo Cox's death on page 28 will no longer will available, gutted...

Front page is now page 28 in your world is it?

ClGmitlWYAEwLkF.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's quite a meeting: Daily Mail v Branson - hard to know which one is more obnoxious.

It's a bit rich for the Mail to howl about censorship, since when it has been Tory policy that private companies can't do what they want (within the law)? Imagine the protests if the Mail were told what news they had to print.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps newspapers could employ psychics to anticipate events and enable them to print in advance .

Perhaps they could just do the decent thing in the first place?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really news is it, but I suppose it gets some of those extreme lefties excited, let them have it.

Only people excited on this thread appear to be the extreme right wingers/whingers and the usual broflakes :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm no fan of the mail. I'm often staggered when I sift through a copy at the in laws at the scare mongering and hyperbole of the headlines to get a few tuts from a blue rinse in Tunbridge Wells.

That said, I hate this modern trend to stop advertising in the current bun by complaining on Twitter or in this case Branson deciding what we can and can't read. If someone wants to read why Melanie Philips thinks poor people should be shot or why immigration is terrible in the comfort of thier Spanish villa let them. It's a free country.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All media is full of shit

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Oh the Irony, doing a hit peice on a paper that sells ten times the amount than the one you have linked/shilled for.

Heres a good reveiw of the Guardian.
https://www.rt.com/op-edge/412887-guardian-uk-media-russia-/

I love this bit...

"However, its detractors have a different point of view. Spewing bile at “Guardianistas” and the “Grauniad” itself, they brand it an issues-led rag which nobody actually reads. They correctly point out that the Guardian ‘boasts’ the lowest daily sale of any UK national newspaper. This stood at 156,756 copies in January of this year. By contrast, the conservative Daily Mail still flogs 1,511,357 a day, on average. The Mail also trumps the Guardian online, when it comes to popularity."

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here