Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Martin

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not what I heard via family but who knows he could well be right. Whatever way you look at it we need a CB in quickly with only 1 fit at the moment and no indication of return for the German or on the severity of Goldson injury.

That is not guaranteed to be correct as you may remember a relative of mine was told the same by Mark Hudsons family this time last year but nothing happened as a deal couldnt be done. I think it is an enquiry that is either pursued or not and the family take it as gospel.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
That is not guaranteed to be correct as you may remember a relative of mine was told the same by Mark Hudsons family this time last year but nothing happened as a deal couldnt be done. I think it is an enquiry that is either pursued or not and the family take it as gospel.

who knows but to be fair I didn't get the impression that he was lying. Bit unhappy really since I saw the rumours this morning and wasn't going to ask but being noisy got the better of me. Worse still if it turns out he was lying I will need to find a reason to sack him! and he is a decent worker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
who knows but to be fair I didn't get the impression that he was lying. Bit unhappy really since I saw the rumours this morning and wasn't going to ask but being noisy got the better of me. Worse still if it turns out he was lying I will need to find a reason to sack him! and he is a decent worker.

As I said it may well be the way the family have misunderstood it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

LOL LOL LOL - Poor man. Another one on the dole

Jimmy Grimble

This raised my eyebrow as I'm sure I'd been told before that Martin wasn't that keen on Hughton at Norwich; largely as RM sees himself as a centre back but CH saw him as a right back.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
His brother is a tremendous man and one of the best actors Brighton has ever produced.

It must have been his acting skills that convinced you then

Message [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION]

Per my private message to you earlier. Now confirmed as follows

MARTIN STAYING PUT
Norwich captain Russell Martin will not be joining Brighton, Sky Sports News HQ reporter Fraser Robertson understands.
Reports elsewhere claimed the Scottish international was a target for Chris Hughton who worked with Martin while Norwich manager.
Brighton want to sign a centre half but Sky sources say they're not interested in Martin. Both clubs are expected to be among the promotion challengers this season and will meet on October 29.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This raised my eyebrow as I'm sure I'd been told before that Martin wasn't that keen on Hughton at Norwich; largely as RM sees himself as a centre back but CH saw him as a right back.

That's partly true.........................What it was that Martin wanted to play Centre half because he had been told he wouldn't continue to play for Scotland if he wasn't laying centre half for Norwich but Chris favoured others at Centre half ahead of Martin and played him at right back.

I was gobsmacked when I saw the reports because I just didn't think it would be true

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It must have been his acting skills that convinced you then

Message [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION]

Per my private message to you earlier. Now confirmed as follows

MARTIN STAYING PUT
Norwich captain Russell Martin will not be joining Brighton, Sky Sports News HQ reporter Fraser Robertson understands.
Reports elsewhere claimed the Scottish international was a target for Chris Hughton who worked with Martin while Norwich manager.
Brighton want to sign a centre half but Sky sources say they're not interested in Martin. Both clubs are expected to be among the promotion challengers this season and will meet on October 29.

I haven't spoken to him about it. I was just divulging a characteristically tedious fact.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
That's partly true.........................What it was that Martin wanted to play Centre half because he had been told he wouldn't continue to play for Scotland if he wasn't laying centre half for Norwich but Chris favoured others at Centre half ahead of Martin and played him at right back.

I was gobsmacked when I saw the reports because I just didn't think it would be true

Was the first thing I asked this morning when heard about this having previously been told that the relationship was a little frosty shall we say between the two. Learnt a valuable lesson today which is never to believe anything anyone tells me again. A real shame because I so wanted to ne ITK, never going to happen now. One thing though we absolutely need a CB and quick with the injuries in that area. Far from worried but some inbound news for the first team soon would be good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure a central defender is coming in very soon.

No way will we be going through the friendlies featuring 3 dev squad center backs while we wait for Goldson to recover.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Was the first thing I asked this morning when heard about this having previously been told that the relationship was a little frosty shall we say between the two. Learnt a valuable lesson today which is never to believe anything anyone tells me again. A real shame because I so wanted to ne ITK, never going to happen now. One thing though we absolutely need a CB and quick with the injuries in that area. Far from worried but some inbound news for the first team soon would be good.

That's not true......I havn't said that........................ I just said that I didn't think CH would resign Russell Martin due to things which happened in the past. That's not the same as them having a fractured relationship. They don't

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I mentioned it earlier on another thread but would Wes Brown released by Sunderland be a possible for a short contract, 3 month , to tide us over.

Players themselves won't sign short term contracts now BG. With no emergency loans being available now, they want longer contracts when they move, minimum 12 months

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Players themselves won't sign short term contracts now BG. With no emergency loans being available now, they want longer contracts when they move, minimum 12 months

What they would rather do and earn nothing. I would have thought a good 3 months with us would have given him more opportunities to find a club in January if the contract was not extended by us

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What they would rather do and earn nothing. I would have thought a good 3 months with us would have given him more opportunities to find a club in January if the contract was not extended by us

People of the standard of player we need won't be short of offers. so they won't be earning nothing BG

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I mentioned it earlier on another thread but would Wes Brown released by Sunderland be a possible for a short contract, 3 month , to tide us over.

For some reason I don't think a 37 year old centre back is the solution to the teams short term defensive problem. If club was to go down the 'free' transfer route would much rather it be for Joel Ekstrand or David Wheater,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here