SUNDAY (doors open at 15:30):

Chris Young: 16:15-17:00
The Band Perry: 17:30-18:30
Rascal Flatts: 19:00-20:15
Brad Paisley: 20:45-22:15

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The John Fogerty album Wrote a Song for Everyone has various artists joining Fogerty in revisiting Creedence Classics. There is a surprising amount of country influences apparent in quite a few of the songs. Interesting interpretations for anyone who isn't familiar with the album but was a fan of the more swampy Creedence originals.

Brad Paisley also appears on a new song, Hot Rod Hearts, and trades guitar licks with Fogerty, who holds up quite well considering just how talented Paisley is on a guitar

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The John Fogerty album Wrote a Song for Everyone has various artists joining Fogerty in revisiting Creedence Classics. There is a surprising amount of country influences apparent in quite a few of the songs. Interesting interpretations for anyone who isn't familiar with the album but was a fan of the more swampy Creedence originals.

Brad Paisley also appears on a new song, Hot Rod Hearts, and trades guitar licks with Fogerty, who holds up quite well considering just how talented Paisley is on a guitar

A fantastic album, definitely one of my favourites of last year.

Point of order though, Hot Rod Heart is not a new song. JF first released it as a solo track in 1997. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A fantastic album, definitely one of my favourites of last year.

Point of order though, Hot Rod Heart is not a new song. JF first released it as a solo track in 1997. :thumbsup:

Fair enough, new to me though. My favourite track is probably Who'll Stop The Rain with Bob Seger who has one of the greatest rock voices IMO, stunning track.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If anyone wants to hear the song to which Icy is referring, then here it is and it is an absolute cracker. Both are on top form here. :thumbsup:

[yt]CIOpEAT7uWw&feature=kp[/yt]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fair enough, new to me though. My favourite track is probably Who'll Stop The Rain with Bob Seger who has one of the greatest rock voices.

We're agreed on that one. There are some brilliant tracks right through the album, but if I had to pick a favourite from it then Who'll Stop The Rain would definitely be the one - Seger's voice is very much one of those which seems to have improved with age.

Very few duds on there for me, although I'm not keen on what they did with Proud Mary.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just booked mini cab from the hotel to the O2 and the train tickets. I'm getting very excited - even more than the playoff against Palace!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just booked mini cab from the hotel to the O2 and the train tickets. I'm getting very excited - even more than the playoff against Palace!

Can't wait, it's very nearly time after all the build-up and waiting.

It's going to be a cracker. :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:clap: :clap: :clap:

The day is finally here. Really can't wait for this - it's been a long buildup but I'm sure it will all be worth the wait.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Have a good time mate, been trying all week to sort it and try and grab some last minute tickets but to no avail.

The wife and myself are extremely depressed today :tantrum:

So, after the match today I'll jusy have to crack some beers and watch youtube. :rock:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hell. What do I do with my sick cat? Reckon it's driveable up and back Saturday and Sunday?

Can't believe the Dixie Chicks aren't top of the bill. To all the doubters, betcha they'll steal the show over Zac Brown.

Not even a contest in my view - the Chicks were good and certainly had their share of very loyal and noisy fans, but ZBB were on another PLANET tonight.

Only they could have the musicianship to play superb country stuff of their own (ZB himself has one of my all-time favourite voices) but when they dip into the catalogues of others it's Metallica rather than Miley Cyrus and they still nail it - a genuinely brilliant group of musicians.

As for the other acts, I thought Dierks Bentley was superb - would definitely see him again. Martina was OK but plagued by sound problems where I was - her voice just wasn't coming over as clearly as I know it can.

I hope you had as brilliant an evening as I've just had. :thumbsup:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Just saw Willie Nelson at The Moody Theatre in Austin - I'm out here for SXSW. It was a total car crash, Willie still has the voice but he has no idea how to keep even vaguely in time with his below average band (made up largely of not very gifted members of his family). Keith Urban on the other hand was very professional and polished but a tad boring. Left before the end to hot foot it across town to Rainey to see White Denim. Americans use the term 'awesome' all the time and giving some one change for a cup of coffee - for instance - is not awesome. WHITE DENIM ARE AWESOME! I have watched over 60 guitar bands this week from all over the planet and I can honestly say that White Denim are head and shoulders above all of them. Just saying.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Really hoping they do this at C2C:

[yt]0QVWQTDoMr4[/yt]

They did, and it was incredible. They genuinely are a fantastic live act.

Can't wait for Round Two tonight, Chris Young and of course the almighty Brad Paisley are looking like the big highlights for me - should be good all round though.

Thoughts so far [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]?

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
They did, and it was incredible. They genuinely are a fantastic live act.

Can't wait for Round Two tonight, Chris Young and of course the almighty Brad Paisley are looking like the big highlights for me - should be good all round though.

Thoughts so far [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]?

My wife went yesterday and her verdict was as follows.... Martina McBride was ok, Independence Day is my wife's favourite song by her, but the sound quality ruined it for her.

Dixie Chicks were great, really enjoyed them, but they were only on for a hour.

ZBB were talented musicians and singers, but she didn't like their heavy metal songs, my wife also said that the place seemed to empty out quite a bit when they came on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here