Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] OT - Sexual Harassment at Work - BBC article and quiz

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Load of bollocks again.

Got to question 5 where it said if you flirt at work and they don't flirt back then its harassment.

I'm out

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Love the way it's the bloke being leachey in every photo. How about equality goes both ways with a question about flirting with married men or using sexuality to gain promotion?

QUOTE]

bang on. Feminist movement all this.

BBC which normally try's to dropped a bollock there.

Nothing will get said though as blokes largely don't give a shit

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Load of bollocks again.

Got to question 5 where it said if you flirt at work and they don't flirt back then its harassment.

I'm out

It says if your flirting was unwanted and upset the victim it would be harassment. If you're upsetting people with your flirting, you need to work on your moves.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've harassed a lot of grass with my lawnmowers...none of my customers have harassed me ....hmm I have had abuse though...and a coupe of customers try to hug me :moo: ..they were both in Hove so normal I guess

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Why is it that people who don't know how to use apostrophes tend to like Brexit and find sexual harassment complicated?

D

Deleted member 2719

Good grief.

You have to have been living in a cave to not get 7/7 on that quiz.

As for the questions as to why it isn't men experiencing sexual harassment from women in the quiz to give it balance, that'll be because 99.99999999999% of cases of sexual harassment are caused by men.

Total bollock, obviously women don't find you desirable.

I am no oil painting, but have had women shoving their breast in my face and brushing them across my body.

I have even had women comment on my arse and touch it.

So lets have a bit of balance here mate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DbaZ1_8XkAA4FkJ.jpg

That quiz was like...

D

Deleted member 2719

I've harassed a lot of grass with my lawnmowers...none of my customers have harassed me ....hmm I have had abuse though...and a coupe of customers try to hug me :moo: ..they were both in Hove so normal I guess

But did they hang just their underwear on the washing line the day they knew you were going to trim their daisies???

D

Deleted member 2719

lol...good point....and one lady did ask me to trim their bush and then giggled :moo:

Filth, do her..................................................…..............................for sexual harassment or whatever you feel appropriate.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Good grief.

You have to have been living in a cave to not get 7/7 on that quiz.

As for the questions as to why it isn't men experiencing sexual harassment from women in the quiz to give it balance, that'll be because 99.99999999999% of cases of sexual harassment are caused by men.

Why is that though? I'd argue it's because the laws on sexual acts in this country depict women as victims and the men as the attackers. This filters down to how young people are educated and it then filters into how men and women act. Even now, with this desire for equality, there is still an expectation from women that men "make the move". It also leads to many men not reporting things which clearly are sexual harrassment/assault simply because it's not deemed to be "manly".

Basically, we can all be victims in some way, it just so happens that the way men and women tend to be victims in regards to this element of the law differs because of societal expectations of the different genders.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yeah, but that doesn't mean it would actually happen. Let us know when someone actually gets done for that.

I laughed at this question in particular because I had a very similar situation this morning. Although instead of complimenting her on her perfume, I just told her it had an interesting aroma that was a tad overpowering. I think the lady in question was mainly offended that I hadn't complimented her on how nice it was.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
- If you made the victim feel any of the things under the legal definition - it's sexual harassment.
- If you didn't it's not.

It would also have to pass the Reasonableness test (AKA "the man on the Clapham Omnibus") such that a normal person could find it offensive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why is it that people who don't know how to use apostrophes tend to like Brexit and find sexual harassment complicated?
Brexiteers don't know how to use apostrophes? Even by the standards of Brexit insults, that is really scraping the barrel! I suspect remainers tend to struggle with semi-colons .... Geez!

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

:lolol::lolol::thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would also have to pass the Reasonableness test (AKA "the man on the Clapham Omnibus") such that a normal person could find it offensive.

Shirley the phrase 'The man on the Clapham Omnibus' is in itself now sexist and unacceptable?

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
What a crock! Nearly every question was dependent on undisclosed "context". This is just part of the new puritanical movement designed to emasculate the last bit of juice remaining in our culture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here