Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fosters in the WSU

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Had the worst pint I think I have ever had at half time yesterday. From the kiosk furthest down towards the North. Two sips and chucked it.

The three others with me had identical foul pints. Tasted like someone had diluted it with industrial cleaner. Had a perfectly good Fosters in the North post match. So they are either not cleaning the lines in that kiosk or they have a dodgy barrel.

Anyone else unlucky enough to waste £4.40?

*yes I know Fosters is cat piss etc etc

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
rhetorical
/rɪˈtɒrɪk(ə)l/
adjective

relating to or concerned with the art of rhetoric.
"repetition is a common rhetorical device"
(of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.
"the general intended his question to be purely rhetorical"

Origin
late Middle English (first used in the sense ‘eloquently expressed’): via Latin from Greek rhētorikos (from rhētor ‘rhetor’) + -al.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Had the worst pint I think I have ever had at half time yesterday. From the kiosk furthest down towards the North. Two sips and chucked it.

The three others with me had identical foul pints. Tasted like someone had diluted it with industrial cleaner. Had a perfectly good Fosters in the North post match. So they are either not cleaning the lines in that kiosk or they have a dodgy barrel.

Anyone else unlucky enough to waste £4.40?

*yes I know Fosters is cat piss etc etc

Occasionally get these in the North. Just take it back and ask for a replacement. The staff behind the bars are usually fine with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wow, they're starting a shopping mall in the WSU by opening one of these

_97083978_foster.jpg

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
At the risk of being repetetive this all goes back to the care of the beer and the lines (pipes) to the servery. It's my guess that your pint stood in the lines since the last home game, and unless there are chillers in-line it has heated up and cooled down perhaps several times to produce an undrinkable result. In any case once a keg of lager is 'started' air gets in and can affect the taste over a period, especially if the keg is near empty. I have always had my suspicions that they don't clean the beer lines regularly, because this would result in consderable wastage...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here