Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have a feeling Murray will start tomorrow.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
?? The FA protocol is devised and then tested by Albion’s world class medical team on the matter.

That said his chances of starting must still be slim.
Yes, I'm sure our medical team (and the people who devised the FA protocol) know there stuff, and we are complying with it. At the same time, that protocol specifies only the minimum period of recovery. We do have other strikers (who are hopefully champing at the bit) so I agree with #Farehamseagull - I hope he doesn't get rushed back. And no, I have no medical expertise - that's just my personal gut reaction.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Happy to see Murray start , whoever gets the nod is fine with me.

Wingers is the big one.

You CANT not have Knocky playing when we are at home.

I'd stick Izzy and Kocky on the wings and AJ number 10.

Sounds like March will be number 10 though and one of our 3 top wingers to miss out.

Tough game but winnable.

The win last week has taken a bit of pressure off , reckon we may play some of our best football of the season as a result.

Shackles are off

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Wingers is the big one.

Sounds like March will be number 10 though and one of our 3 top wingers to miss out.

Tough game but winnable.

The win last week has taken a bit of pressure off , reckon we may play some of our best football of the season as a result.

Shackles are off

I agree. I hope March doesn’t start tomorrow. He’s done ok overall this season but hasn’t really offered anything as a number 10 in the last couple of games.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Wingers is the big one.

Tough game but winnable.

Shackles are off

This :

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Really concerning about Groß. Need him back as there isn’t really anyone else who can play his role .

No way of knowing . Hughton said he’d had a setback earlier in the week “he’s not far away but we have to be careful”. No update today doesn’t really mean anything. He’s not deliberately hiding. Stephens , Dunk have all come back recently quicker than estimated by Hughton. But to be fair it’s already been a while for PG.

Per the Argus today: setback for Gross, won't be back until after the next international break.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Injury update post Wolves
h/t [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]

Gross [ankle] Has had setback after returning to training a fortnight ago. Now expected after international break (15th-20th).Argus speculating potentially he will "in contention for" Leicester (H) on 24th.
""It's a minor setback. We've had to just come down again.
"He will be outside in the early part of the week and we're hoping that he will be training by the end of next week. [Nov 7-9]
"It's certainly not an issue. He's good at the moment. We just decided to ease him up a little bit."
"Pascal is a good player and you always miss your good players but I don't want to take anything away from Solly's contribution and Bissouma's contribution.
"We're fortunate at the moment. There are teams with four or five injuries. We've got two."

Propper [ankle] - last update by Hughton - he will be out for a "period of weeks".

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17187166.albion-playmaker-pascal-gross-suffers-injury-setback/

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The last three games have been ground out 1-0 wins, not pretty maybe, and probably with a little bit of luck going our way too. Still, where we are is something to be pleased with - imagine where we'd have been if Gross and Propper were out for a few weeks in October and November last season!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
“It’s certainly nothing that is going to be longer term. We’ll look at what progress he makes over the next week but certainly it’s not one that is going to keep him out for a number of games.”

Hughton on Gross' injury 18th September

:down:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8649173]“It’s certainly nothing that is going to be longer term. We’ll look at what progress he makes over the next week but certainly it’s not one that is going to keep him out for a number of games.”

Hughton on Gross' injury 18th September

:down:

And he was back training a few weeks later but then had a setback. It happens. Not every injury recovers in a straight line - although there’s about 10 other players this season now where they have recovered as expected - unless you’re implying something else ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It was suggested to me that Gross may not be for until Christmas-ish.

Whereas Hughton was being more bullish when quoted yesterday in Argus. “Hoping” back training next week...

That’s quite a gap in expectations ...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Another Gross update:

Gross [ankle] - Hughton pretty much sticking to what Argus reported on Tuesday.
“I’m confident he will be available [for Leicester” - ie after international break

Pröpper [ankle] “he’s close ...confident ...[for leicester]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here