Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that a lot of pensioners probably bring flasks because their pensions don’t stretch to concourse prices. Maybe those with OAP tickets should be given a sizeable discount on hot drinks? Would be a nice gesture by the club.

That’d be good. I’d just get my dad to get the half time drinks in every home game and save myself a few quid.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I think that a lot of pensioners probably bring flasks because their pensions don’t stretch to concourse prices. Maybe those with OAP tickets should be given a sizeable discount on hot drinks? Would be a nice gesture by the club.

I feel bad for adding anything to this nad-numbingly dull issue but imagine if the club turned it into good pr by reducing their hilarious prices and putting enough staff on to cope with half-time demand...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You have to admit that this thread has gone on a bit though - 63 pages on a decision about hot soup and tea that’ll probably affect no more than a couple of hundred fans. It’ll be threatening the Calleri thread if people don’t find something else to moan about soon.

I would bet my left bollock that there are WAY more people who bring a flask to a game, particularly in colder weather.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I feel bad for adding anything to this nad-numbingly dull issue but imagine if the club turned it into good pr by reducing their hilarious prices and putting enough staff on to cope with half-time demand...

Still doesn't allow for those ordering about twenty things, one by one, then once asked for the payment proceed to dig in their pockets/bag for means of paying. Usually in pennies.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still doesn't allow for those ordering about twenty things, one by one, then once asked for the payment proceed to dig in their pockets/bag for means of paying. Usually in pennies.

With their mates sidling up and adding drinks too

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That, and the fact that the tea/coffee at the ground is not particularly pleasant, is a big problem for those of us wanting a hot drink. There is no way I will miss any of the game for a cuppa, however much I enjoy a cuppa at half-time.

It may be mind-numbingly dull, but yours was a good contribution sir!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Ridiculous @ whoever thought up this latest how can we screw football fans for another couple of quid , pat yourself on the back for a job well done .

rool

Jul 10, 2003

Or the ones that get to the front of the queue and then wave their mates in, who haven't been queuing, to add their order.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disappointing response.

Thought you were better than that, I also think it’s very poor, and why the rationale is fairly sound it has been handled extremely poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't realise I was being judged........anyway, it was a deliberate reaction to the vitriol expressed in the post I quoted (not yours). Agree it doesn't appear to have been handled as well as it could have been, but 'spiteful', 'despicable' and 'inexcuseable' are way OTT in my view.

'Disappointing' or 'poor' I'd agree with...........but 'despicable' though ??? Seriously ? It's been jumped on by those always looking for anything to be 'utterly outraged' (rather than 'a bit disappointed') about - 700 posts on here is proof of that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

We’re in our 8th season of the Amex and have been close to capacity in the home sections for most of it. I’m sure if there was anyway of serving more people their half time pies/pints in the 15 minutes available, then they’d have implemented them by now.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Barber gives no credible reason for banning flasks.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1659...e-paul-barber-defends-flasks-ban-at-the-amex/

Hold your hands up Brighton and Hove Albion and admit a flask is not dangerous or please tell us what you're scared of ? Or what we should be scared of ?Is there a credible threat that you are aware of ? If flasks are considered a safety and security threat then why arent they banned from all live events nationally ?

Also how many flask related incidents have their been at the Amex ? None . How many alcohol related incidents have their been - 100's . So logically banning alcohol would be a more effective safety measure than banning flasks .

Isn't the solution to do random checks on peoples flasks ? And another thing the security checks are a joke anyway - done by amateurs and 99% pointless.

Barber's argument that other clubs are doing it so we should too is even more pathetic . :tosser:

Maybe we need a flask song

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They've been banned?

I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned already.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Didn't realise I was being judged........anyway, it was a deliberate reaction to the vitriol expressed in the post I quoted (not yours). Agree it doesn't appear to have been handled as well as it could have been, but 'spiteful', 'despicable' and 'inexcuseable' are way OTT in my view.

'Disappointing' or 'poor' I'd agree with...........but 'despicable' though ??? Seriously ? It's been jumped on by those always looking for anything to be 'utterly outraged' (rather than 'a bit disappointed') about - 700 posts on here is proof of that.

:thumbsup: ....and it is time to move on

I'll be putting my Bovril in a plastic bottle and using one of these to keep it warm :moo:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/insulat...uHCAVPVNtr2J8Hq4-UnXsQklruqUHq14aAnoAEALw_wcB

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1659...e-paul-barber-defends-flasks-ban-at-the-amex/

Hold your hands up Brighton and Hove Albion and admit a flask is not dangerous or please tell us what you're scared of ? Or what we should be scared of ?Is there a credible threat that you are aware of ? If flasks are considered a safety and security threat then why arent they banned from all live events nationally ?

Also how many flask related incidents have their been at the Amex ? None . How many alcohol related incidents have their been - 100's . So logically banning alcohol would be a more effective safety measure than banning flasks .

Isn't the solution to do random checks on peoples flasks ? And another thing the security checks are a joke anyway - done by amateurs and 99% pointless.

Barber's argument that other clubs are doing it so we should too is even more pathetic . :tosser:

Maybe we need a flask song
Alcohol ? [emoji38]ol:

How does that get used to conceal an explosive device ? [emoji38]ol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here