Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Iranian Fans

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
80million JCLs more like...where were you when we were shit eh? Eh?! And when golden bamies clears off to Arsenal or the like, what then - you lot scarpa off up the old Kent for a dodgy ruby with him before disappearing into a Benghazi to park yer breakfast? I don’t fink so. The liberty. No mate. Let me tell you this little miss sunshine....

You’re (nb: more commonly spelt your) now one of us. Declared. Colours nailed to the mast. No deserting. No whining about lack of glory. Asking why me? (‘Cause your ‘ere son, and there’s nobody else in this freezing rain tonight at Spotland). If we’re served shit, we eat it. And come back for more next week. No questions. And if your ever caught saying something nice about them ‘eathen bar starts at the wrong end of the A23, we’ll be over in a Gordon, causing so much mayhem they’ll have to rename the capital Tehrup.

Now we’re clear on that score...Welcome! :) Quite like a Tahdig myself...Noosh-e jan! :thumbsup:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NEC-Nijmegen

Jun 5, 2015
All this “aren’t Iranians great people now” is pathetic. We signed a player from Iran we don’t need to have sex with them (especially if it was man on man as that is illegal in some countries!).

I never understood this mentality.

Don't you think it is wonderful that people get to know each other over something as sports? I mean, you now have millions of Iranians around the globe that have become familiar with Brighton, which they previously probably had never heard of. Likewise, Brighton fans are now getting familiar with Iranian players such as Alireza, and perhaps get to know something more about Iran as well, which as a country is far more than the usual headlines one reads in the newspapers. Lets celebrate this rather than getting stuck on petty politics.

persiangodfather

Jul 24, 2018
80million JCLs more like...where were you when we were shit eh? Eh?! And when golden bamies clears off to Arsenal or the like, what then - you lot scarpa off up the old Kent for a dodgy ruby with him before disappearing into a Benghazi to park yer breakfast? I don’t fink so. The liberty. No mate. Let me tell you this little miss sunshine....

You’re (nb: more commonly spelt your) now one of us. Declared. Colours nailed to the mast. No deserting. No whining about lack of glory. Asking why me? (‘Cause your ‘ere son, and there’s nobody else in this freezing rain tonight at Spotland). If we’re served shit, we eat it. And come back for more next week. No questions. And if your ever caught saying something nice about them ‘eathen bar starts at the wrong end of the A23, we’ll be over in a Gordon, causing so much mayhem they’ll have to rename the capital Tehrup.

Now we’re clear on that score...Welcome! :) Quite like a Tahdig myself...Noosh-e jan! :thumbsup:

Let me Reply to you by Saying...

F*** Palace

Im in

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Thanks for this fantastic welcome !

I have one question:
I read somewhere that Brighton had 12 TV games last season? Is there anyway we can somehow stream all of the games? I will try to come to visit Falmer Stadium as soon as possible.

Not appropriate to post links to streams on NSC for legal reasons so you will have to fish around for streams. Google searches are ok and with a bit of pop-up navigation you can get the odd decent one. Reddit Soccer Streams is my favourite search for EFL games and have had no problems with picking up games all last season.

Welcome to BHAFC.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Welcome to our new Iranian friends (and, like others, apologise for the few bell-ends on this site)

Question for you: I'd be interested to try Persian food but it looks a bit meat orientated - do you have any vegetarian dishes?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
All this “aren’t Iranians great people now” is pathetic. We signed a player from Iran we don’t need to have sex with them (especially if it was man on man as that is illegal in some countries!).

I sometimes wonder what it must be like to be so negative and miserable - must be bloody draining

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'll stop you there. No. No he doesn't

(or alternatively, and quite possibly, it's a parody account when you look at what else they have contributed to other threads)
I'm convinced it is a palace poster.

persiangodfather

Jul 24, 2018
Welcome to our new Iranian friends (and, like others, apologise for the few bell-ends on this site)

Question for you: I'd be interested to try Persian food but it looks a bit meat orientated - do you have any vegetarian dishes?

Yes, Get Ghormeh Sabzi, The Vegetarian version

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Haha xD

You got yourself some of that persian winger for the cup final money? :D

I doubt these days the cup final money paid for the flight over!! :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I cant believe it... I actually agree with TLO...I must have sunstroke

There's a lot of it going around, thought I saw a sleigh with reindeer on the amex earlier dropping off a world class winger...Silly me!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I never understood this mentality.

Don't you think it is wonderful that people get to know each other over something as sports? I mean, you now have millions of Iranians around the globe that have become familiar with Brighton, which they previously probably had never heard of. Likewise, Brighton fans are now getting familiar with Iranian players such as Alireza, and perhaps get to know something more about Iran as well, which as a country is far more than the usual headlines one reads in the newspapers. Lets celebrate this rather than getting stuck on petty politics.

A few years back just after Christmas your team stayed in the same hotel as me in Marbella, I think for some warm weather trading during your break, quite bizarre to be sat in a bar talking to one of the club officials about Danny Holla and Elvis Manu, I think it was about the time we were first interested in AJ

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you not think this forum would be better off if you left?

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018

There's three big categories of Persian food. #2 and #3 are generally made with some sort of protein e.g. chicken or meat but can easily be made vegetarian by not including the meat. #2 and #3 lists are generally the things I would make nightly at home. Google image the Farsi words for some delicious images! Persian cuisine uses delicate spices so it is usually pleasing to the western palate, as opposed to Indian or other South Asian cuisine which uses pretty intense spices which to me sometimes overpowers the ingredients.

1) kababs with rice - this is meat and rice, put simply, generally this is what you get in restaurants

2) things mixed into rice - this can include barberries/saffron (zereshk polo), dill/lima beans (baghali polo), green beans/tomato (loobia polo), sour cherries/slivered pistachios and almonds (albaloo polo), etc.

3) stews put over rice - this can include ghormeh sabzi (a favorite, herb stew with kidney beans), gheimeh (yellow split pea stew), fesenjan (pomegranate paste and walnut stew), kadoo/bademjoon (zucchini/eggplant stew), karafs (celery stew), etc.

**a word of warning that restaurants typically do #2 and #3 categories quite poorly, this is where you need to make some Iranian friends and get invited to their houses for home-cooked dinners!

Also, these are just a few main dishes that came to mind. Not only is Persian cuisine pretty extensive, but every region has their own dishes and specialties. Alireza for example was born in Gilan in the north along the Caspian Sea and the Gilakis (the ethnicity of many people in Gilan) have their own dialect and food, delicious things whose names I don't know and have no idea how to make!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here