Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
well if there medical team are happy with him thats fine, the fact our were not means we may do more extensive tests. Also he cost them a few thousand I believe so maybe worth the risk but for 10 million id be very cautious. He also says we have done this many times it may just be the translation but it was once and the player has since had an operation for the knee problem we highlighted.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
'The Ghanaian attacker has scored five (5) goals and assisted four times in five games in all competition in the ongoing Swiss football season for FC Zurich.'

That just stings reading that. I've got a feeling this is going to be another Virgil VanDijk (whatever he's called).

Rubbish

He's scored in 1 league game out of 5 this season. The other goals were in the cup vs Swiss postmen.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Rubbish

He's scored in 1 league game out of 5 this season. The other goals were in the cup vs Swiss postmen.

Ha! We're not signing him anymore [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] - not sure why you're still aghast we even considered it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It translates on google translate:

Canepa on Brighton: «amateur and umprofessional»
After the dwarfed Dwamena deal the FCZ president criticizes the behavior of the Premier League club Brighton - and wins the thing nevertheless good.
Wettert against Brighton: Ancillo Canepa during a game of his FCZ in the Letzigrund. (Archive)
Wettert against Brighton: Ancillo Canepa during a game of his FCZ in the Letzigrund. (Archive) Photo: Ennio Leanza / Keystone
08/27/2017
Feedback
Please enter your username or email address.
The failed transfer from Raphael Dwamena to the Premier League last week caused headlines. FCZ President Ancillo Canepa is now speaking.

The FCZ president talked about the Zurich league championship in Lucerne (1: 1) in interviews with Teleclub and SRF to the intermittent change and took no notice.

Repeat case?

Canepa described the behavior of the premier league as "amateurish and unprofessional" and even took the word "swear" in his mouth. Brighton had a few days ago withdrew his offer for the striker in double-digit millions - because of a supposedly medical standard deviation. He had also noticed that Brighton had already done this several times, according to Canepa.

What exactly the medical problem with the 21-year-old from Ghana should have been, did not explain Canepa. "There are always a lot of differences between the players," says the FCZ president. "It is crucial whether these are performance-reducing or harmful to health." However, they did not come to this conclusion during their investigations at the Schulthess Clinic in the spring.

«Glad Raphael is back»

Canepa, however, was not disappointed at the split deal, even if the club had a record detachment sum in the cash. He had not searched the transfer and the first offer therefore also rejected, according to Canepa. The second offer then exceeded the economic pain threshold. "I am glad Raphael is back, because we have ambitious goals."

In Lucerne the striker was missing in the FCZ squad. Dwamena will undergo medical tests again in Zurich before returning to the training day. (Nag / si)

Created: 27.08.2017, 8:54 pm

Man expecting to get £10M suddenly finds he won't be getting it, and is a tad narked..........

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Man expecting to get £10M suddenly finds he won't be getting it, and is a tad narked..........

I wonder if they would negotiate a cheaper offer considering they seem like they need the cash and he has got risk factor which probably isn't worth £10m. I wonder if the deal was £5m Brightons medical team would've suggested not to sign him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't this be moved to The Other Stuff now? Not much else left to discuss shirley?

No chance, it needs to be here for when he next plays.

All eyes now on Ghana v Congo on Friday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if they would negotiate a cheaper offer considering they seem like they need the cash and he has got risk factor which probably isn't worth £10m. I wonder if the deal was £5m Brightons medical team would've suggested not to sign him?

If it's his health, maybe it's more about his life than the money. It was, apparently, a heart problem, not just an iffy ankle or something. Even if the fee was ten quid, plus a set of kit and a pair of goal nets, would we really want him to do a Marc Vivien Foe one beautiful afternoon at the Amex?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If it's his health, maybe it's more about his life than the money. It was, apparently, a heart problem, not just an iffy ankle or something. Even if the fee was ten quid, plus a set of kit and a pair of goal nets, would we really want him to do a Marc Vivien Foe one beautiful afternoon at the Amex?

But yet his national team are fine with him risking his life to play for them on Friday?

It's all a bit weird. It seems it's more about the money than his health considering his still playing, and like you say, he could do a Marc Vivien-Foe at anytime?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps the player knows the risks, and is happy to take a chance?

And obviously, I know nothing about his heart problem - for all I know it may not be a potential Marc Vivien Foe job at all.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
But yet his national team are fine with him risking his life to play for them on Friday?

It's all a bit weird. It seems it's more about the money than his health considering his still playing, and like you say, he could do a Marc Vivien-Foe at anytime?

Similar to Loic Remy who failed a medical for a heart condition which hasn't stopped his career. In this article he claims many have heart conditions and play on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-says-Liverpool-dishonest-failed-medical.html

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why didn't someone tell the Albion?

Maybe FC Zurich fancied copping £10M plus? Maybe the lad still wanted to play in the PL, despite the risks? Or maybe there's a difference of medical opinion on how serious, or potentially serious, his condition is?

PS. No matter how many questions you ask, I still don't know any of the answers. Just like anybody else, I can only guess and speculate.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Similar to Loic Remy who failed a medical for a heart condition which hasn't stopped his career. In this article he claims many have heart conditions and play on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-says-Liverpool-dishonest-failed-medical.html

So what happens once they've failed a medical because of heart reason? They can carry on but no one can sign them?

That article more or less just highlights that Liverpool were dishonest in how the medical went with Remy. Not that he has a dodgy heart.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here