Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wide screen televisions and Euro 2004.

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Is it true that the Portugese are still filming in the old style format so therefore you will have the black bars down each side of the screen??
I heard this on the radio the other day.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just stretch that picture..

Its very interesting that we can't now do without it. Anyone out there who hasn't got a widescreen tv think twice about getting one, because you can't go back.

It is to do with the fact that your eye sight is more 16:9 (widescreen) than the old more square (4:3) format.

My television is always stretched out even with old style recording. I find it hard to watch a 4:3 picture now - I have to stretch it out.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
clapham_gull said:

Its very interesting that we can't now do without it. Anyone out there who hasn't got a widescreen tv think twice about getting one, because you can't go back.

It is to do with the fact that your eye sight is more 16:9 (widescreen) than the old more square (4:3) format.

My television is always stretched out even with old style recording. I find it hard to watch a 4:3 picture now - I have to stretch it out.
You are strange my old mate.:lolol: :lolol:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
clapham_gull said:

The thing is that the picture then becomes distorted and unreal. Beckham will look like Vanessa Feltz!
:lolol:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
JAMC said:
The thing is that the picture then becomes distorted and unreal. Beckham will look like Vanessa Feltz!
:lolol:

and most of the Scandinavian players look like Sammy Lee or Jan Molby

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Me and brother work in the television industry in a technical capacity. He could bore you to pieces about broadcast aspect ratios.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
clapham_gull said:
Me and brother work in the television industry in a technical capacity. He could bore you to pieces about broadcast aspect ratios.
But only on The Discovery Channel, eh?:glare: :lolol:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
clapham_gull said:

Is it true then??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here