Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Fall/ Future of The Left / Girl Band/ Hookworms/ Tigercub & something else at The Forum

And Sun Ra Arkestra in Lewes. Never thought I'd get to see them so close to home.

John Cale doing the Velvets.

Kraftwerk

Safe As Milk - https://safeasmilkfestival.com/sam17/

Sometime member of Kiron Leonard's live band and highlight of my TGE last year Irma Vep plays downstairs at The Hope tomorrow. He reminds me a little bit of Richard Dawson. His new record is out on Faux Discx next week.

https://irmavepirmavep.bandcamp.com/album/no-handshake-blues

Where's Cale doing the Velvets?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2017 tickets so far - Subhumans, The Fall, REWS, The Stranglers, Chameleons Vox, The Skids, Pins.

We saw the Chameleons (not billed as 'Vox') in Oxford last year. They were great. The difference, vs Vox, is that they had two guitarists who tried to imitate precisely the Reg and Dave style. Apparently this didn't go down well with Reg and Dave (I read some grumbling, probably on a Reegs web page). Maybe this is why Mark has gone back to the Vox version. I'd be intersted to know what you think of the guitars when you see them.

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
We saw the Chameleons (not billed as 'Vox') in Oxford last year. They were great. The difference, vs Vox, is that they had two guitarists who tried to imitate precisely the Reg and Dave style. Apparently this didn't go down well with Reg and Dave (I read some grumbling, probably on a Reegs web page). Maybe this is why Mark has gone back to the Vox version. I'd be intersted to know what you think of the guitars when you see them.

The Chameleons are one of the most underrated bands of all time. Saw them back in the early 80s!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Chameleons are one of the most underrated bands of all time. Saw them back in the early 80s!

The dvd they did around 1980.... you can see my little brother in the audience :lolol:

Yes, agree, absolutely top drawer. I moved to Vancouver in 82, and they had a smashing night club there called the Luv Affair, at the time. One of the big floorkillers was Up the Down Escalator. Emotional. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iwxkLByt68

Jul 7, 2003
Booked tickets for Ghost at the Dome in April. Will be interesting to see their Grammy award winning live show.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Booked tickets for Ghost at the Dome in April. Will be interesting to see their Grammy award winning live show.

I saw them support Maiden. They intrigued me on the night and I've grown to like them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Was made aware of Dream Wife yesterday by a fellow NSC'er and discovered they are playing the Green Door tomorrow. I shall pop along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here