Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well you clearly were, you stated 'particularly all the Syrians once they've got German passports, that they'll still be able to live the dream and come to The UK too', I am guessing especially with your African experience you also feel African nationals deserve a similar status as your German passported Syrians to come to the UK as well, next Haiti perhaps ?

No, my point was the Syrians are already here in Europe in considerable numbers. It's easier to get to for them than it is for Zimbabweans or Haitians as well. They also featured in the leave campaign in that poster - Africans and Haitians didn't.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm chuffed to bits as well, for these very nice people are more than welcome to milk the health service that i helped pay for dry they are also welcome to do us Brits out of a job as well.
After all lets face it us Brits are a lazy bunch who deserve nothing more than to be left on the shelf to rot,
Come aboard the sinking ship..every single one of you is welcome.:shootself

They don't milk the health service, they are the health service.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No, my point was the Syrians are already here in Europe in considerable numbers. It's easier to get to for them than it is for Zimbabweans or Haitians as well. They also featured in the leave campaign in that poster - Africans and Haitians didn't.

Aaaah so you need means to come here, I thought it was a matter of principle for those experiencing real hardship, now I get it, bit like Thomas Cooke for refugees.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Aaaah so you need means to come here, I thought it was a matter of principle for those experiencing real hardship, now I get it, bit like Thomas Cooke for refugees.

Have a look at a map. Even I could walk from a war zone such as Kobani into Turkey. From Lobatse I'm not sure.

Jan 30, 2008
It's worrying how the Brexit supporters are already writing a narrative to blame the EU for the collapse of Brexit.

It's predicted in this excellent piece:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...order-proposals-ireland-brexit-position-paper

And then, lo and behold, comes in this piece:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/16/britain-fighting-save-ireland-eu-imposed-hard-border/

In other words, even the enthusiasts for Brexit now know it's never going to happen so they're changing track to try and make sure they don't get the blame for it.
Deluded, YOU KEEP ON dreaming :dunce:
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Deluded, YOU KEEP ON dreaming :dunce:
regards
DR

Any explanation for our significant lack of GDP or business confidence? Can you help businesses and organizations reporting that they are unable to fill the skills gaps or jobs market? Let's get those pensioners out of their old age people's homes and back to work eh? After all, many of them voted for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
By stating that share prices are affected by foreign earnings you've clearly but inadvertently shown that your analogy of currency = international share price is, well, rubbish. But do keep digging, it's very amusing.

It's not my conversation and forgive me for interrupting but I took Nicko31's point about currency values and share prices to be a general one - a plunging currency representing a vote of low confidence in a nation in the same way that a falling share price represents, all things being equal, the same thing in a company. The mechanics of the two measurements are different and external events can affect both of them but the underlying point, if that is what it was, seems reasonable to me..

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Any explanation for our significant lack of GDP or business confidence? Can you help businesses and organizations reporting that they are unable to fill the skills gaps or jobs market? Let's get those pensioners out of their old age people's homes and back to work eh? After all, many of them voted for it.

You are all over the place, if you are going to cherrypick unfavourable UK data, which for many seems miserable existence at least have some balance and accuracy.

I am guessing the business confidence was from a Guardian piece over a month ago, saying lowest for 6 years, begs the question what was happening in 2011 when we were entrenched in the EU, were you outraged then.

17th July 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/politic...idence-britain-economic-growth-brexit-anxiety

but sorry to pee on your parade it seems actually business confidence has firmed in recent weeks, CBI indicator rose 5 points in the third quarter of 2017:

Current https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/business-confidence

and as for growth your favoured read the Guardian ran with this a couple of weeks ago:

2nd August 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/busines...my-surge-life-leading-forecaster-jagjit-chadh

Its a meaningless task trying to pick random negative data, especially when its not accurate, so you smugness hasn't really panned out how you would of hoped, chins up mate.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Its a meaningless task trying to pick random negative data, especially when its not accurate, so you smugness hasn't really panned out how you would of hoped, chins up mate.

...and I suppose you would want to add that in your view picking random positive data is also meaningless. Better, perhaps, for us all to consider the overall picture and longer term trends.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You are all over the place, if you are going to cherrypick unfavourable UK data, which for many seems miserable existence at least have some balance and accuracy.

I am guessing the business confidence was from a Guardian piece over a month ago, saying lowest for 6 years, begs the question what was happening in 2011 when we were entrenched in the EU, were you outraged then.

17th July 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/politic...idence-britain-economic-growth-brexit-anxiety

but sorry to pee on your parade it seems actually business confidence has firmed in recent weeks, CBI indicator rose 5 points in the third quarter of 2017:

Current https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/business-confidence

and as for growth your favoured read the Guardian ran with this a couple of weeks ago:

2nd August 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/busines...my-surge-life-leading-forecaster-jagjit-chadh

I don't read the Guardian.

No, my data is not from there. Thankfully, I'm not as delusional as you are.

As for my smugness, I have no reason to be smug about the cost of living going up, penalizing those at the bottom with prolonged real term wage deflation. Many of those voting for some U.K. economic utopia will be very disappointed.

Surely, you as a leader of a business will be able to see this won't you?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
...and I suppose you would want to add that in your view picking random positive data is also meaningless. Better, perhaps, for us all to consider the overall picture and longer term trends.

Pretty much so, all that needs to be seen is steady data, fluctuations by 0.3% isnt a meaningful indicator on anything, business confidence is especially volatile, but it seems that some Remainers feel that the economy is on an irreversible slide when it absolutely isnt, some see a piece of data and automatically burns into their Remain side of the brain and off they go and nothing including current data will deter them.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
the cost of living going up, penalizing those at the bottom with prolonged real term wage deflation. Many of those voting for some U.K. economic utopia will be very disappointed.

You are at it again, wages actually grew by 2.1% year on year last month, much better than the 1.8% expected, unemployment fell to a 40+ year low at 4.4% with the majority of net 97 000 jobs created were fulltime employee positions, whilst number of people on zero contract fell too, current inflation at 2.6% is still a wage fall by 0.5%, but the cost of living isnt expected to continue going up with runaway inflation, the Bank of England expect inflation to fall back to 2% in 2018.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...st-of-living-squeeze-continuing-business-live

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/Pages/reader/index.aspx?pub=aug&page=1

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

So,what are you trying to say with that comment?That there are no British people working for the NHS?A fairly recent study at my local hospital,Birmingham Heartlands,showed 73% of employees,and 100% of voluntary staff were British,so you are talking nonsense.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

That's alright then lets bring loads more in and have one massive party at the same time, not as if our infrastructure is unable to cope is it.

And bang goes my families chances of ever reaching a ripe old age .. because god forbid they ever become seriously ill there will not be enough dough to cover their health bill.. also never mind the fact that they have all contributed towards it for years. But never mind eh my family don't count because.my family are British, let some foreigner take their place eh after all it's only fair.
Only solution left :shootself

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I assume you do not know that overall 83% of NHS staff are UK nationals.

EU immigrants make up 5% of NHS staff, with 10% doctors and 4% nurses and 6% from the rest of the world and 7% unknown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40753751

Another example where you burn something into the Remain part of your brain and very little will sway you away from it, even if it isnt accurate.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I assume you do not know that overall 83% of NHS staff are UK nationals.

EU immigrants make up 5% of NHS staff, with 10% doctors and 4% nurses and 6% from the rest of the world and 7% unknown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40753751

Another example where you burn something into the Remain part of your brain and very little will sway you away from it, even if it isnt accurate.

Even so it's only fair that Johnny foreigner comes along and steals all of our work, and it's only fair too that he has free access to our health service whilst us Brits are left on the shelf to rot. .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm chuffed to bits as well, for these very nice people are more than welcome to milk the health service that i helped pay for dry they are also welcome to do us Brits out of a job as well.
After all lets face it us Brits are a lazy bunch who deserve nothing more than to be left on the shelf to rot,
Come aboard the sinking ship..every single one of you is welcome.:shootself

Everyone knows that the EU workers mostly come here to do jobs that no Brit wants to do, which is why Farages wife is German, and his girlfriend French.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Away from Johnny foreigners milking the health service. A reality check after 34,000 posts...

Capture.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here