Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans today

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Dont strain your eyes looking at the tv set

Now that was CLASS, hats off to you old boy. Dontcha just know at some point PPF will post something "angling" like that? Sad really that he can't be a bit more positive to my mind. It's all about opinions though mind you, eh?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Kids, Lots of Kids. It was so great to see so many kids with their Dads coming to see the Albion rather than City. Many I suspect for the first time. The future support is looking strong.

Plenty of new faces in the family stand, which felt odd after seeing mainly the same people around us since Doncaster on Day 1. All seemed to enjoy themselves immensely, although one lone fella (sat right in the middle of block B & I assume he used someone elses ticket?) was absolutely hammered, & let loose some obscene language before passing out 15 minutes after KO - & a woman in our row left with her kid on 80 minutes grumbling that she couldn't believe she had spent all that money to come and see us lose!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plenty of new faces in the family stand, which was a bit odd after seeing mainly the same people around us since Doncaster on Day 1. All seemed to enjoy themselves immensely, although one lone fella (sat right in the middle of block B) was absolutely wasted & let loose some obscene language before passing out 15 minutes after KO - & a woman in our row left with her kid on 80 minutes grumbling that she couldn't believe she had spent all that money to come and see us lose!!

Think yourself lucky.
The family 2 down from us, in the same row, are a nightmare.

We had 'excuse me' 6 times in the first half, 5 times throughout the second, naturally including an early leave.
They started getting antsy after 15 minutes.

oh and just to ice the cake:-

They all sat motionless in their seats at halftime.

Last edited:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Think yourself lucky.
The family 2 down from us, in the same row, are a nightmare.

We had 'excuse me' 6 times in the first half, 5 times throughout the second, naturally including an early leave.
They started getting antsy after 15 minutes.

oh and just to ice the cake:-

They all sat motionless in their seats at halftime.

Slightly OT but tried the EU for the Atletico game and had a group booking of families (50 people, c10 adults, 40 kids from local football clubs).

All turned up 10 minutes into first half, all bar one family of 3 left on 35 minutes for food etc, returned on 53 minutes and left on 82 minutes along with at least 10 wee breaks in between HT and leaving.

As for Saturday it was a refreshing surprise to only have c50% of the usual sighs of frustration every time Propper tried to do something inventive and lose the ball - a marked improvement on last year.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Plenty of new faces in the family stand, which felt odd after seeing mainly the same people around us since Doncaster on Day 1. All seemed to enjoy themselves immensely, although one lone fella (sat right in the middle of block B & I assume he used someone elses ticket?) was absolutely hammered, & let loose some obscene language before passing out 15 minutes after KO - & a woman in our row left with her kid on 80 minutes grumbling that she couldn't believe she had spent all that money to come and see us lose!!

We must sit very near each other!! Was gutted some of our "neighbours" have moved on now the kids aren't kids any more.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
great atmosphere on Saturday.

Keep that up all season and press will be all over us and how loud we are.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
great atmosphere on Saturday.

Keep that up all season and press will be all over us and how loud we are.
The Sunday Times writer is already convinced. A bit clichéd but he went with "spine tingling" and "electric" to describe the Amex atmosphere...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Bloke on his own was a city fan and he was absolutely hammered. He was harmless enough. He was too drunk to shout any obscene language apart from a couple of Tourette-like 'get your cocks out'?! And yes, he fell asleep about 10 mins into the first half. The stewards moved him on during half time.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Bloke on his own was a city fan and he was absolutely hammered. He was harmless enough. He was too drunk to shout any obscene language apart from a couple of Tourette-like 'get your cocks out'?! And yes, he fell asleep about 10 mins into the first half. The stewards moved him on during half time.

I wonder how he managed to get into the Family Stand on his own then??

My friend was sitting in front of him with her 11yr old and I was talking to her at halftime about it. Told her to report it to a steward, which thankfully she did.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I wonder how he managed to get into the Family Stand on his own then??

My friend was sitting in front of him with her 11yr old and I was talking to her at halftime about it. Told her to report it to a steward, which thankfully she did.

Who knows, perhaps he lives locally and has been to a few games in the past so was on the club's list as having ticket history. Buy an adult and child ticket and you're in.

The bloke who normally seats there with his boy must have been on his hols and put his seats up on the exchange.

Why did your friend feel the need to report the bloke? What did he do that caused her alarm?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Because of the language he was using before passing out. Shes no prude, but said it was vulgar....you say he was "harmless enough" & just shouted a few cock insults after having a skinful - but thats exactly why he shouldn't have been sitting in the family stand...its ZERO tolerance on that sort of thing. If he wants to be like that he should've sat elsewhere. I dont take my kids along to see or hear any of that kind of behaviour, so Im glad she reported him & had him removed.

Jan 30, 2008
Who knows, perhaps he lives locally and has been to a few games in the past so was on the club's list as having ticket history. Buy an adult and child ticket and you're in.

The bloke who normally seats there with his boy must have been on his hols and put his seats up on the exchange.

Why did your friend feel the need to report the bloke? What did he do that caused her alarm?
a grass, don't you just love them
regards
DR

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As a (sort of) neutral i thought Brighton's support was excellent all game. City are usually quite poor, well, they are when they come to us. Shame the result didn't go your way- I was looking forward to hearing the roar if you had managed to score.

Yeah I was so up for that. Even if it had been a last minute consolation I think we would've gone absolutely BALLISTIC.

Those who say the Amex has no atmosphere have no clue at all what they're on about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here