Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boneheads

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Saw this on a scooter boy Facebook page as a post and read some of the comments, one stated this was taken in Brighton and one of the young men is now a policeman.
IMG_0006.JPG

They actually look rather camp. It was also a look that was quite popular with gays in the mid 80s.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
View attachment 87854

They actually look rather camp. It was also a look that was quite popular with gays in the mid 80s.

You say that, but with ten or more of em walking down the street you moved. Yes the gay community did borrow the look for a while, like they did the rocker look too briefly exaggerating the look and that is probably why you comment they look camp now.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
You say that, but with ten or more of em walking down the street you moved. Yes the gay community did borrow the look for a while, like they did the rocker look too briefly exaggerating the look and that is probably why you comment they look camp now.

I also speak from personal experience. I met a german skinhead at a party back in the 80s. When I left he asked if he could share my taxi. It turned out he was gay and once he'd found out where I lived started turning up with bunches of flowers and boxes of chocolates. Lovely guy but I wasn't that way inclined. I tried to let him down gently but he was very persistent and I couldn't shake him off. Eventually he moved back to Germany and after a few initial letters I didn't hear from him again. That's why I look at that group in a totally different way. Maybe you would too if you'd had a skinhead in full regalia turning up at your door bearing a bunch of flowers for you.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I also speak from personal experience. I met a german skinhead at a party back in the 80s. When I left he asked if he could share my taxi. It turned out he was gay and once he'd found out where I lived started turning up with bunches of flowers and boxes of chocolates. Lovely guy but I wasn't that way inclined. I tried to let him down gently but he was very persistent and I couldn't shake him off. Eventually he moved back to Germany and after a few initial letters I didn't hear from him again. That's why I look at that group in a totally different way. Maybe you would too if you'd had a skinhead in full regalia turning up at your door bearing a bunch of flowers for you.

Germans don't take a refusal lightly without giving up a bit fight do they....

A few high profile NF, BNP Figures were well known homosexual's so not surprised.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Great thread bringing back a few memories. I had a few skinhead mates from Herne Bay and used to go up to the Last Resort shop in East London. Run by a guy called Micky French. The lads formed the band of the same name and Millwall Roi as he's affectionately known still fronts them. A spin off band called the Warriors are also still gigging and played the hare and hounds a few years back. Happy days.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Germans don't take a refusal lightly without giving up a bit fight do they....

A few high profile NF, BNP Figures were well known homosexual's so not surprised.

I don't even know if he had racist sympathies. He certainly never voiced any. He was a real sweetheart. He really looked the part though and wasn't remotely camp himself and it was just before that look was taken up on a wider scale by the gay community which is why I didn't suspect anything. I remember the taxi ride home, I didn't want him to know where I lived so told the taxi driver to drop me off round the corner. But when I got out of the taxi, Walter (that was his name) got out too and insisted on walking me to my door to make sure I got home safely because I was pretty pissed. He found out that my door was not where the taxi driver had dropped me off and I had to make the excuse that I'd been so drunk I'd forgotten where I lived. I asked where he lived and he said Brighton which is where we'd just come from but he didn't have enough money for a taxi back. I felt a bit sorry for him and let him stay the night, seperate beds I should add. He never tried it on, he treated me very repectfully but started to try and woo me over the following months.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't even know if he had racist sympathies. He certainly never voiced any. He was a real sweetheart. He really looked the part though and wasn't remotely camp himself and it was just before that look was taken up on a wider scale by the gay community which is why I didn't suspect anything. I remember the taxi ride home, I didn't want him to know where I lived so told the taxi driver to drop me off round the corner. But when I got out of the taxi, Walter (that was his name) got out too and insisted on walking me to my door to make sure I got home safely because I was pretty pissed. He found out that my door was not where the taxi driver had dropped me off and I had to make the excuse that I'd been so drunk I'd forgotten where I lived. I asked where he lived and he said Brighton which is where we'd just come from but he didn't have enough money for a taxi back. I felt a bit sorry for him and let him stay the night, seperate beds I should add. He never tried it on, he treated me very repectfully but started to try and woo me over the following months.

You didn't need to tell us all that, I fear there's more though....

Prey tell....

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

He smashed your back doors in didn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here