Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford - Lord Bracknell

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Sorry to quote this again, but this is so, so true. And so sad that Ed won't see us in the Premier League at the Amex. But at least he knew we'd got there.

Spot on Jim tried to give athumbs up but gawd knows what happend he really was a very top fella and enjoyed bumping into him at away games and having a pint . Also kept us Seagulls party candidates in check at meetings and the count premier league in every way was Ed x

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
RIP

I enjoyed his insightful posts. So very sad he couldn't at least have experienced one game in the PL.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There isn't an Albion fan alive who should underestimate what contribution this wonderful man made to our club. One of the fellas who put the graft in and made it count back in the day, and a really lovely guy too.

It brought to a lump to my throat hearing this news, a devastating loss to the club's community of supporters and to NSC in particular.

Rip Ed. As one of the genuine legends of this wonderful football club, you were an absolute pleasure to know. The idea of 30,000 people rocking up to see the Albion regularly would have remained the stuff of pipe dreams without you. My thoughts are with your family, and the equally lovely Roz in particular.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
My only contact with the man was on here but I am aware of his legendary status. So cruel that he will not see the team run out against City in a couple of weeks. We've lost a good man.

RIP Lord Bracknell.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...a devastating loss to the club's community of supporters and to NSC in particular.

Isn't that the truth.

NSC without Lord Bracknell is a difficult concept for me to get my head around at the moment.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
IMG_1485.JPG
It's times like this I always have this vision in my head
the vision of all deceased Albion Fans joining together to make the Force stronger than ever, the reason why we are where we are now
Rip Lord Bracknell
Lost my dad recently to cancer, hurts every day but I'm happier now in life than I've ever been, maybe our loved ones never really leave us as in the Star Wars image

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I really am saddened to hear about Ed, through NSC I was extremely fortunate to get to know him very well, a remarkable man, a true legend, I have read every tribute too him, they say it all.

RIP my friend and like many others, thank you for everything you did for our club.

Our thoughts are with Ros and the family x

Tony & Rose.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Anyone else still can't stop thinking about Lord B ? It's so terribly sad.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Anyone else still can't stop thinking about Lord B ? It's so terribly sad.

Yes, I had to work today and he was on my mind most of the time and I never met him.
His persona that all the people who knew him well have mentioned on here shone out in every post he made and of course what he did for the club and fans.
A remarkable man with rare skills.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes, I had to work today and he was on my mind most of the time and I never met him.
His persona that all the people who knew him well have mentioned on here shone out in every post he made and of course what he did for the club and fans.
A remarkable man with rare skills.

The man from Mayfair. You didn't need to know him. He was so approachable and friendly.

Another "never knew or met him but....." Post. Actually PM'ed prior to the first Amex game I attended - Hull in 2011. Sought advice re parking at Lewes for station and received a comprehensive, helpful and friendly response.

Is there somewhere to which donations in his memory may be sent?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The second "never knew or met him" in a row. But very much wish I had. I have had a couple of entertaining exchanges courtesy of NSC.

But recognise the importance of the man in the history of the glorious blue and white stripes. Hope he might get some recognition in the first Premier League match at the AMEX. And I would also echo Norman Potting's (above) question about donations in his name.......

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Very sad to hear this; his posts were very welcome for so many years. I hope his family can take some comfort from all the affection and appreciation that is shown here.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I too have lent much thought to his sad passing.

I tend to scan threads by avatar, and when I saw that Womble, well I always stopped for a read. Put plainly; on a forum where your wordplay is your entirety, I can think of no greater compliment.

I have been moved but not surprised to read the recollections of those who actually knew the person, alas I never had the pleasure, but the sheer weight of his winning persona means I will never forget him.

Shine on Lord B

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here