Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Grand Prix

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ugh, sickening. Can't stand Hamilton - thoroughly dislikable individual. I don't see the point in blindly supporting the arrogant tax-exile simply because he's British. The only 1 of 20 drivers not to attend an F1 event in Trafalgar Square last week.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ugh, sickening. Can't stand Hamilton - thoroughly dislikable individual. I don't see the point in blindly supporting the arrogant tax-exile simply because he's British. The only 1 of 20 drivers not to attend an F1 event in Trafalgar Square last week.

I support him because he's a talented, aggressive driver.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kimi looks even more pissed off than usual at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He said he needed a break to refresh himself and proved it and it worked today

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

he is the best in the world. i don't know but who was the last british gp driver who didn't exile themselves?
you seem a bit bitter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I take it you have the same opinion of Monaco tax exile Jenson Button and Scot David Coulthard, in fact all the recent successful F1 British drivers. I also imagine they have all paid 100 times more tax than you'll pay in your lifetime..

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Obviously a lot of fan boys on this thread :lolol:. If you guys want to carry on supporting a privileged, spoilt, selfish, arrogant tax exile who has to always have everything go his way otherwise he throws his toys out the pram - of course I'm not stopping you. I'm simply of the opinion that blind nationalistic support of an individual with what I consider to be a dislikable (and entirely bland) personality is somewhat illogical. He's got talent - sure. But so does John Terry - doesn't mean I like him or support him.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Obviously a lot of fan boys on this thread :lolol:. If you guys want to carry on supporting a privileged, spoilt, selfish, arrogant tax exile who has to always have everything go his way otherwise he throws his toys out the pram - of course I'm not stopping you. I'm simply of the opinion that blind nationalistic support of an individual with what I consider to be a dislikable (and entirely bland) personality is somewhat illogical. He's got talent - sure. But so does John Terry - doesn't mean I like him or support him.

you're very judgemental, why do you think he's privileged?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I take it you have the same opinion of Monaco tax exile Jenson Button and Scot David Coulthard, in fact all the recent successful F1 British drivers. I also imagine they have all paid 100 times more tax than you'll pay in your lifetime..

Not from Monaco...
Would have thought that with a disabled brother he might have realised the importance of tax paying to the NHS and the treatment it provides to disabled people...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I find it amusing that so many people point the finger at Hamilton for being a 'tax exile'. He's not at all from a privileged background, he lives in Monaco (like MANY F1 drivers) and he is away for a significant portion of the year - so what? Why is it an issue for Hamilton but not others. The truth is you just don't like him, for whatever reason, and that's fine, your choice. But don't tar him alone with a brush they all deserve

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you'll have to look hard to find a F1 driver that isnt a tax exile. or have a touch of arrogance, goes with the territory of throwing yourself round at over 200mph.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Honestly don't get the hatred of Hamilton. Don't know if I would like to go down the pub with him but he is my favourite driver as in my opinion he is the greatest driver of his generation. The only one to come close to him is Alonso.

Watching the way he celebrated with the fans today shows me that the spoilt brat theme that is spouted by his detractors is well wide of the mark.

Yes when he was younger he was a bit arrogant but look at Verstappen who is just the same. I don't think you can compete at their level without having a bit of arrogance. The day you think any driver is better than you is the day you have to give up F1

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
you'll have to look hard to find a F1 driver that isnt a tax exile. or have a touch of arrogance, goes with the territory of throwing yourself round at over 200mph.

Moto GP and Superbikes riders are ok though and they throw themselves around (literally) at 200 mph and they come off a lot and ride with broken ankles and busted fingers, and risk death on 2 wheels, but they are mostly sound, I know as I have met quite a few over the years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I rate Hamilton the driver and the person. He's immensely talented, a winner and I'm proud that he's British.

Brits hating him - it's the age old green eyed monster, wishing ill of the successful and confident.

I've worked with (a minority of) English people who made no bones about HATING at their pomp: Mansell, Gascoigne, Cavendish, Martin Johnson, Andy Murray, Radcliffe. Revelling in their failure.

The UK's a funny old country.

Well, it's a thread about the British Grand Prix, where else were they going to be cocknocker?

As for me, gutted, been out so stuck it on record and it failed at lap 32.

Cannot wait to see the highlights,

Edit:

Of course you are forgetting that Hamilton came from a council estate in Stevenage, his father gave up everything because he saw Lewis had a talent.
For privelleged look at Rosberg, raised in Monaco to multi millionaire parents.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I rate Hamilton the driver and the person. He's immensely talented, a winner and I'm proud that he's British.

Brits hating him - it's the age old green eyed monster, wishing ill of the successful and confident.

I've worked with (a minority of) English people who made no bones about HATING at their pomp: Mansell, Gascoigne, Cavendish, Martin Johnson, Andy Murray, Radcliffe. Revelling in their failure.

The UK's a funny old country.

....Steve Davis, Liverpool FC back in the day, Fergie, the list is long.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why wouldn't a Brit cheer on Hamilton at the British Grand Prix? I have concluded that you may not be British :wink:

Some great racing from Vertsappen earlier on as he refused to be bullied by Vettel. Loved it. Also loved his comment about whether Vettel thought he was driving a dodgem/ banger racing

Hamilton is a dick, yes he is a fast dick and a British dick, but overall he is a dick.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Great examples.

I left football out due to the vicious tribalism here. When ManU, Liverpool or Chelsea play a European final, it seems like 2/3 of UK football fans are desparate for whoever their opponents are to win.

And yet Eddie the f****** eagle Edwards, a half wit who made the world laugh at us as he plummeted nose first into the snow became a national treasure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here