Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Reading this thread in recent days makes me realise how right Theresa May was when she said before the election that the country was united behind BREXIT while Westminster wasn't............

.............. A few minutes of reading the last few pages from the last few days on here would completely disabuse her of that view.

Wells%20piece%201-01.png

The Remoaner loons aren't representative of Remain supporters let alone the country. 70% still believe in democracy :salute:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Tony Bliar - "Necessary Brexit Doesn't Happen"

Dirty **** should be in prison,if this odious little turd thinks he can piss all over democracy there'll be riots on the streets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
we are starting to see a pattern finally , and that is that the lives of the masses in the U.K are totally at the mercy of a bunch of privately educated , port swilling , pig fiddling , asset hiding , closet milionare ,fraudsters.......they all campaign for the good of the commoners but when they get in it's all aboard the gravy train to a life long ride of free this and free that ....it's a life of luxury at the expense of the tax payers.

True dat.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Wells%20piece%201-01.png

The Remoaner loons aren't representative of Remain supporters let alone the country. 70% still believe in democracy :salute:

That's interesting - 44% Brexiteers, 47% Remainers. And are we any closer to knowing what "Brexit" means? What do the Re-Leavers want? Continued membership of SM and CU? Worth checking!

For me, this type of poll is as meaningless as the Referendum itself, because no-one clarified beforehand what Leave meant.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Autocorrect but I'll take responsibility for not proof reading, especially on such a grammar critical post. Fair play.

tbh i couldn't care less if you typed its it`s its` or i`ts, it`s not important, i knew what you meant .
Its rather ridiculous though people taking a stupid moral high ground on spelling,grammar English language etc on quite an informal forum and then trying to use it to gain points in their argument. Bit of a cheap shot when their own argument is failing.
Reeks of snobbery and a i am better than you attitude.......no one likes people like that, except other people who think they are superior.
If it was a toss up between a self appointed superior snob and someone who wrote from the heart all be it grammatically incorrectly, i know who i would trust the most.....................its not the twit who thinks he is better than others, just in case you were wondering.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
tbh i couldn't care less if you typed its it`s its` or i`ts, it`s not important, i knew what you meant .
Its rather ridiculous though people taking a stupid moral high ground on spelling,grammar English language etc on quite an informal forum and then trying to use it to gain points in their argument. Bit of a cheap shot when their own argument is failing.
Reeks of snobbery and a i am better than you attitude.......no one likes people like that, except other people who think they are superior.
If it was a toss up between a self appointed superior snob and someone who wrote from the heart all be it grammatically incorrectly, i know who i would trust the most.....................its not the twit who thinks he is better than others, just in case you were wondering.

But isn't that the essence of Brexit? The UK's bizarre superiority complex, championed most notably by the public school elite who are hell-bent on taking us out of Europe on the back of their disdain for the "krauts", "frogs" etc. Fortunately the younger generations have no understanding of the fascination for Empire and old WW2 stories.....

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It's obvious you couldn't care less. As you explained in the subsequent three paragraphs ;-)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Only if you don't give a sh*t about democracy.

But is it a fair election if one campaign is heavily based on absolute lies, like Turkey joining the EU and £350 million to the NHS? Just an awful campaign with clueless leaders and a complete absence of facts.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That's interesting - 44% Brexiteers, 47% Remainers. And are we any closer to knowing what "Brexit" means? What do the Re-Leavers want? Continued membership of SM and CU? Worth checking!

For me, this type of poll is as meaningless as the Referendum itself, because no-one clarified beforehand what Leave meant.

Interesting as in it shows the same result as most polls did before the referendum? It means we are leaving the EU and Re - Leavers agree this is the correct democratic outcome.

Of course, you view the referendum result as meaningless because you have no respect for democracy. As you know there is no way anyone could set out the specifics but they could set out broad themes and priorities. #Takebackcontrol. I might remind you how the view 70% poll findings against your position is meaningless when you big up any movement in polls against Brexit.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Tucked away in a corner of a staunch remain paper is this little snippet. 60% of firms do not fear Brexit and it hasn't changed their investment plans. I'd wager if it was the other way round it would make a full page report

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
But is it a fair election if one campaign is heavily based on absolute lies, like Turkey joining the EU and £350 million to the NHS? Just an awful campaign with clueless leaders and a complete absence of facts.

Let's be fair here it was the same on both sides. Those rose tinted glasses need to be removed

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Can't remember all the detail of the promises but if you are referring just to the bus then it doesn't actually say the £350m should go to the NHS although this is what is constantly mentioned

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Definitely Fair as in equally misleading. Immediate recession and hundreds of thousands of job losses - HM Treasury. I would agree both campaigns were pushing the boundaries but there is an awful lot of spin and misinformation in General Elections aswell. Trouble is we only seem to pick up on the whoppas told by the opposition while ignoring the fibs our own side is spinning.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
. Fortunately the younger generations have no understanding of the fascination for old WW2 stories.....

Well you should. To many WW2 had a huge direct impact on their lives. your ignorance of it is your failing not theirs.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Interesting as in it shows the same result as most polls did before the referendum? It means we are leaving the EU and Re - Leavers agree this is the correct democratic outcome.

Of course, you view the referendum result as meaningless because you have no respect for democracy. As you know there is no way anyone could set out the specifics but they could set out broad themes and priorities. #Takebackcontrol. I might remind you how the view 70% poll findings against your position is meaningless when you big up any movement in polls against Brexit.

Remember, the Referendum was advisory. Plus, why should I stop arguing for what I believe in? In a General Election the losing party doesn't just chuck it in. I know it's incredibly annoying for Leavers, but Remainers are not going to go away. By the way, I CAN understand your frustration - if it was round the other way I'd be similarly annoyed by Leavers carrying on their arguments. But that's the beauty of a democracy....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here