Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great sport to watch live. I really enjoy a spot of Ozzie Rules

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This. Used to watch the Sydney Swans regularly when over there. Let me tell you these blokes are as hard as nails and ridiculously physically fit, if ever so slightly homoerotic. Beer and pie at the ground too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't have a clue about the rules, but on the basis that it's a sport which features muscular men running around in very tight vests and short shorts: it's a yes from me.

My Mrs came with me to one game in Sydney, lured on by two females from our office, the Aussie HR manager and PA to the region head. Every time the ball came close to where we were sitting, being chased by one or more players, they yelled "INCOMING!".

It's a
goal.gif
for me

...and just before they do that it's compulsory to yell "how big's your dick mate?"

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Love to to see our "Hard Men (?) like Jones and Savage would last ? These guys are like some have said mega fit,fast give it out and take it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Love to to see our "Hard Men (?) like Jones and Savage would last ? These guys are like some have said mega fit,fast give it out and take it.

To be honest this is why soccer has always struggled to draw big crowds and maintain a strong league presence over the years out here.

The way they react to a bump or contact is laughable for grown men so it's always had the reputation of being a soft sport.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
The mighty Freo - purple heroes, one and all. A magnificent sport, second only to Football, of course. It's an annual tradition to have a few mates together for the grand final at the end of September, cracking open the beers at 5:30am - and generally back in bed asleep at 1pm :p
Mighty Freo? You obviously haven't seen a game...

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The more mature among us may remember the last vestiges of the amateur era when the English rugby team thought the way to combat the aussie backs was to launch up and unders.
As a young teenager I remember shouting at the telly "FFS have you seen their national sport?"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a great sport, these guys have stamina, you have to be able to catch, kick, dive, look after yourself.

I followed the Brisbane Lions in the 1996 season when I was on the Gold Coast, great times at the 'Gabba!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Our rugby club used to be the home of the Sussex Swans Aussie rules team for a good number of years, as the rugby season ended then the Aussie rules started.
Every year they'd ask me to go and play and one year I started to relent and went and watched a game, I didn't understand a thing.....not a clue !
They never did get me playing, but I did like the way they used to drive their cars out onto the field with coolers full of beer !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gaelic Football is a decent game too, with an amateur culture. Catch it sometimes on telly at the right time of year

About 30 years ago I went to the All-Ireland semi-final at Croke Park; I didn't have a clue what was going on but the craic was great.

Ireland's a great place to watch sport, I'd love to see a hurling final some time - that's a really great game

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Them's fighting words, sunshine :wave:
Followed em since 99, seen em a good 15 times, and we only lost the first one! I'm a good luck charm . . .

I was at the game last sat v eagles and as a Dockers man I can tell you we were awful.Lyon OUT.Should also make two points,firstly the biffo(fighting) has largely been removed from the game now.Other point was the crowd.The game was a local derby with 40,000 there and yet for most of the game you could have heard a pin drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here