Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Relegated Whilst We Go Up OR Stay Up to Renew Hostilities?

Which scenario would you prefer

• Brighton promoted, Palace relegated

Votes: 142 76.8%
  • Brighton promoted, Palace stay up

Votes: 43 23.2%

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All fair points, and a deliciously enticing scenario. BUT (say it quietly) have you considered the risk of the reverse happening? Them beating us to send us down?

Don't be silly. That was a dream. I don't have nightmares, ever.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Just enjoying our great run right now, hoping for the best regarding this season. As for The Caravan Club, couldn't care really, #### 'em.

This - plus I can't see them being bad enough for long enough to finish behind at least 4 of Swansea, Hull, Sunderland, Watford, Boro' and Burnley anyway:-(

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Palace are a rotten team and there's a lot of problems going on there. To be fair to the Nigels they don't deserve what's going on there because it's all about money and the 'franchise' now, they have the Ultras and bang their drum but it's just a facade. Their football is lethargic and their management is poor. Their own fans seem to think it's a matter of prestige but there is none. Its not just about position in the league but integrity. By hiring a man who has openly been found out for corruption, it just shows what is wrong with Crystal Palace right now.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
In reference to your first point this thread is STRICTLY a hypothetical scenario and does not constitute any form of expectation regarding the Albion's fortunes this season or any other.

In reference to your second point, actually condemning Palace to relegation is perhaps the ONLY thing that could possibly undo the pain of THAT Playoff game, so I'm all for it.

If the football gods granted you one wish, which was allowed to be quite a convoluted dream scenario kind of a wish, I think a season that culminated in our sending the Palace down would surely be tough to beat
sending them down and beating them in the FA Cup Final? :D

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Hold on have a look at the current form table over the last 10 games, only one of those teams are worse than Palace and that's only goal difference making them 2nd from bottom.
http://weekendfootball.co.uk/analysis/form.asp
Yes I know, but really they have more than enough to put together the mini run that will be sufficient to save them. Add to that Fat, Crooked Sam will tighten them up defensively, to grab a few 0-0 draws. They have been very lucky that this appalling form has been Evenly split between two seasons, and I think they will get luckier still due to the poor quality of the bottom 3rd.
Swansea and Hull are gonners, and I for one won't be putting any of my hard-earned cash on Palace being worse than all of the other 4 sides I mentioned over the second half of the season.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I don't even want to speculate for fear of jinxing us. Imagine the Nigels glee if we don't make it up this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't even want to speculate for fear of jinxing us. Imagine the Nigels glee if we don't make it up this season.

I hear what you're saying, but it's not as though we haven't got used to that by now :lol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Assuming we do it

Whilst my heart says Palace relegated, my head says stay up, give me a trip to South Landen over Hull, Sunderland or Swansea. We also need revenge

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You'd know that if we were both in the PL that they'd scrape 6 points off us - it's just the way of the world.
Unlikely, they haven't done the double over us since well before the war, while we've done it 7 times since the war.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I love the electric atmosphere of our games and the crushing dread of losing to the Fxxkers! It's a bitter sweet yes from me!!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I hear what you're saying, but it's not as though we haven't got used to that by now :lol:

But don't you understand? If we don't make it up this season it will be all my fault. Mine, I tell you. I've gone as far as having a cup of coffee I didn't want at 23:30 to ensure I've had a daily drink from my lucky mug. :)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Seen this conversation played out on a few threads and I don't think with our current set up that we would be scraping for our lives. Half the PL are beatable as we are, and we have held our own against clubs in this div that still have PL set ups.

Palace are likely to stay up due to how many poor teams are also in the premiership.

We will obviously take some time to establish ourselves in the premier league but can see us being better than 5 others at the moment

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Devil and deep blue sea. I'll go for stay up and struggle again to bottom place next season - them not us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here