Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toronto based Albion fans help..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Once again I / we have booked a holiday on play off final day...

They wont let me change my flight apparently, so the long and short I either stay and the wife and daughter go or there maybe a chance I could watch the game in Toronto..

We are booked to leave heathrow at 8.30am on the Saturday and arrive at Toronto 11.10am their time 4.10pm ours just before kick off
We were then booked on a connecting flight to Windsor where her parents were picking us up and taking us over the bridge into Detroit...

Are there any Albion fans in Toronto that now of a bar showing the game possibly so I could jump in a cab close to the airport watch the game and catch a later connecting flight that day ??

I need to make plans if possible

Help please ?

Why me....

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Perhaps wait to see who is contesting said match, before changing your flight?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Sadly downtown is about 30/35 away normally, due to the traffic load
There may be a sports bar on the airport perimeter, how much time do you have before your connection?

There is a sports bar at the airport, although whether it will show anything other than North American sports I would doubt.

There is also a new fast rail link to Main (downtown) which may help.

The date has been set a while, why did you book to go away that day?

PG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We won't be in it anyway.
[MENTION=97]Toronto Seagull[/MENTION] does the Landing Strip have a tellty???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The only place I know will be showing it is The Football Factory, but that's in downtown, at least 30 minutes away from the airport.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
As ^^^^^ stream it at the airport.

Or, contact [MENTION=10816]dale jasper football guru[/MENTION] and ask him to pause his TV at kick off, then on landing in Windsor, nip round to his house to watch.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There is a sports bar at the airport, although whether it will show anything other than North American sports I would doubt.

There is also a new fast rail link to Main (downtown) which may help.

The date has been set a while, why did you book to go away that day?

PG

"We" booked the flights in December around the time of the wobble....

I did not even think to check....

I am prepared to possibly go down town watch it live and catch a later flight,.

The damn thing is I've been promised all expenses paid day out at Wembley ticket,travel, beer if we get there from my boss, just rub salt in the wounds....

Divorce is on the cards I tell you....

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Based on the flight time and connection, the assumption is you're flying Air Canada which uses Terminal 1 at Pearson airport. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of any bars, etc in Terminal 1 where you might be able to watch the game

The Football Factory and Queen & Beaver (my choice of venue) will probably be showing the game but as [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] pointed out it'll take 25 minutes to get downtown. Once you allow an extra hour to get through passport control and customs as well as getting from Union Station to the pub, you might just make the extra time added on in the second half.

There is a bar close to the airport (http://www.arizonagrilllounge.com/) which may well show the game. They showed the 98 World Cup when I was visiting for 5 weeks, but I'm not sure if they currently show any Premier League or Championship games.

Failing that, [MENTION=33849]Shippers[/MENTION] idea is probably the best.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There's free WiFi at the airport and on the Union Pearson Express (train to downtown). So if you time it right you'll be able to stream the first half and make it to the pub for the second half :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here