Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More touting !

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Just a quick thought...IF we go up....Man U,Man city,Chelsea,Spurs etc etc...The Touts/Ticket agencies will be having a field day.....I can guarantee Ticket agencies WILL have tickets for big matches at the Amex.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The point is that he's lacking in life experience.

Most rational people would be willing to give an 18 year old a second chance if they've done something a bit silly. Calling for him to be criminalized or trying to affect his education is just bizarre. These are potentially life changing things, to be that malicious towards someone is much worse than making a few quid selling tickets IMHO.

So your're on a jury where the accused is an 18 year old I hope that you don't just return a not guilty verdict on the basis that they are lacking life experience.

the fact of the matter is that his actions are illegal. Whether the club which to take the matter further in terms of reporting to the police is down to them. They are however free to take action in cancelling the tickets and imposing a ban for a period of time, which is the same as both Leicester and Boro have done.

i would also expect most rational people to respect the law.

If you consider the matter further you can link to one of the pet topics on NSC in the recent past, that of tax avoidance/evasion. A question to ask would be, that if he was able to sell these tickets for the inflated price he was seeking, would the profit have been declared as income and the appropriate tax paid on it.

Therefore one illegal act can lead to another, but no doubt you see no problem with either.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just a quick thought...IF we go up....Man U,Man city,Chelsea,Spurs etc etc...The Touts/Ticket agencies will be having a field day.....I can guarantee Ticket agencies WILL have tickets for big matches at the Amex.

Maybe so. but I would expect a police operation to target touts around the ground/station from time to time.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Well they won't, as they'll be breaking the law and fined/shut down.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Some people seem to have way to much time on their hands. The kid made an error of judgment, has been reported to the club and will presumably be left out of pocket. Those suggesting emailing his university are the sort of self righteous bellends you hope to never encounter.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So your're on a jury where the accused is an 18 year old I hope that you don't just return a not guilty verdict on the basis that they are lacking life experience.

I'm really reluctant to get dragged into this binfest but I think your analogy doesn't work. No-one is saying that the lad isn't guilty of a crime. It's clear he is but to rewrite your analogy a judge would then take into account that it's his first offence and his age. I reckon that's what [MENTION=3969]Billy the Fish[/MENTION] is alluding to and I agree with him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

the fact of the matter is that his actions are illegal. Whether the club which to take the matter further in terms of reporting to the police is down to them. They are however free to take action in cancelling the tickets and imposing a ban for a period of time, which is the same as both Leicester and Boro have done.

If you consider the matter further you can link to one of the pet topics on NSC in the recent past, that of tax avoidance/evasion. A question to ask would be, that if he was able to sell these tickets for the inflated price he was seeking, would the profit have been declared as income and the appropriate tax paid on it.

Therefore one illegal act can lead to another, but no doubt you see no problem with either.

It is a summary offence so therefore wouldn't go to a jury trial. If he was charged, it would be in a magistrate's court. I would imagine he would get a caution for a first offence, besides being out of pocket.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

:tantrum:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Well they won't, as they'll be breaking the law and fined/shut down.

Adwww.ticketbisevents.com/arsenal-Tickets‎
Find your Tickets to all matches Buy your Arsenal Tickets now!
UK Customer Service · Official Ticketbis® Site · Fast Checkout · Secure Payment
Arsenal v West BromArsenal v C. PalaceArsenal v TottenhamArsenal v Newcastle

Google any top game...Tickets readily available at a price. Surely these sites aren`t illegal

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
HaHaHa, what a thread....Some of you are in for a shock when we go up...what you gonna do, take on all the touts at Falmer/Brighton station??? No thought not, probably come on here and mank and moan about it. I have had to walk the gauntlet of touts at just about every premier league game I've been to (except Man City, their grounds too big for them!) . It might not be right and I hate that it happens but it's no good getting bent out of shape about it.

The only way I see things will change as far as touts are concerned is an organised campaign with the police and clubs...but I think a lot of them turn a blind eye anyway.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Google any top game...Tickets readily available at a price. Surely these sites aren`t illegal
I think the situation is that they are illegal if the original selling club don't give permission for them to sell on tickets.

If they have permission ( ie have bunged the club some money on top of the ticket price ) then no problem.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

That particular site trades from Spain, so I'm not sure where they stand legally.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
The police do nothing at Chelsea and it's going on right under their noses, a good dozen or so touts at Fulham Broadway every game, the same faces....nothing happens. The odd club every now and then makes the odd gesture if a particular instance is bought to their attention and that is it...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Some people seem to have way to much time on their hands. The kid made an error of judgment, has been reported to the club and will presumably be left out of pocket. Those suggesting emailing his university are the sort of self righteous bellends you hope to never encounter.
this ^^^^

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
The kid had probably leant his lesson (and caught a cold on the tickets if they've been cancelled) any further action isn't it boarding on bullying?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well he's not ripping me off, 'fans' have had plenty of opportunity to buy at face value. Providing no one is stupid enough to pay that sort of money he'll be left with them and hopefully out of pocket, then he'll learn
Yes, you're alright.

But the last 400 available tickets are sold out. Someone would have tried to buy at face value. And they couldn't because this leech had already bought in order to rip someone else off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here