Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The figures are paltry in pesos. Tony is negotiating in Pesos, Boca are haggling in U.S. Dollar.

It is all rather incredible - imagine Maradona taking an interest in the mighty Albion if the lad signed!

I think he should personally introduce our future signing to the Amex (Bobby-style) before the Hull game. That would go some way to making up for his cheating.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't know what the confusion is here. No club in the world is going to let a 21 year old with his goalscoring record go for less than £1 million, the figures quoted are in US Dollars.
I'm at a loss as to why some can't see this. It's US Dollars.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Definitely definately USDollars. No body does transfers in Pesos, it's too unstable historically and even though is pinned to the Dollar, I think clubs like Boca have their accounts in U.S. Dollars to make South American transfers easier, not sure if I heard that once. But whatever the reason, it's US Dollars.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Indeed, I said that earlier in the thread I'm not sure what some people have been sniffing if they think a club of Boca stature would sell a 21 year old with a very handy goal record for 1m. I'm really not sure what to think about this if it's true anyway, part of me thinks WOW, the other part is extremely scared of spending such money :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Definitely definately USDollars. No body does transfers in Pesos, it's too unstable historically and even though is pinned to the Dollar, I think clubs like Boca have their accounts in U.S. Dollars to make South American transfers easier, not sure if I heard that once. But whatever the reason, it's US Dollars.

i'm not so sure, the reason is yesterday Everton completed the signing of another hot prospect/quality cente forward also with an Italian passport, Leandro Rodriguez, 22 (almost same age) and banging them in (in the uruguayan league!!), Martinez raving about how quality he is, he can go straight into Everton first team etc and his price was £500k

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34092525

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
i'm not so sure, the reason is yesterday Everton completed the signing of another hot prospect/quality cente forward also with an Italian passport, Leandro Rodriguez, 22 (almost same age) and banging them in, in the first team for the other big Argentinian club River plate, Martinez raving about how quality he is, he can go straight into Everton first team etc and his price was £500k

This is what I thought when I saw that deal yesterday on that basis it must be £1m otherwise we are being ripped off.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
i'm not so sure, the reason is yesterday Everton completed the signing of another hot prospect/quality cente forward also with an Italian passport, Leandro Rodriguez, 22 (almost same age) and banging them in, Martinez raving about how quality he is, he can go straight into Everton first team etc and his price was £500k

How long was left on his contract though?

Calleri has 3 years left on his Boca deal I do believe

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This is what I thought when I saw that deal yesterday on that basis it must be £1m otherwise we are being ripped off.

actually, i just realised i got a rad confused with geography!! :facepalm: and have amended post, he came from river plate montevideo in the uruguayan league and, not river plate Buenos aries, still 500k sounds a snip for a player of similar age who's prolific, its what we paid for COG.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It is quite simple, the price quoted equates to about £8m and we have never ever been in that league for paying transfer fees. Perhaps it is a gamble on promotion by TB but nobody knows for certain. If it was peso or as has been suggested in Argentina the peso is reffered to as dollars and that would put him in a price bracket of about £1m which is usual for us. It is just a matter of getting used to us paying transfers of millions rather than hundreds of thousands.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is quite simple, the price quoted equates to about £8m and we have never ever been in that league for paying transfer fees. Perhaps it is a gamble on promotion by TB but nobody knows for certain. If it was peso or as has been suggested in Argentina the peso is reffered to as dollars and that would put him in a price bracket of about £1m which is usual for us. It is just a matter of getting used to us paying transfers of millions rather than hundreds of thousands.
It is impossible to get a player like this for £1 million.

The price is US Dollars.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
How long was left on his contract though?

Calleri has 3 years left on his Boca deal I do believe

Its a good point and common sense says its all pie in the sky, but let not use common sense and rationally collapse the dream, surely the deal has got to be still on!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
actually, i just realised i got a rad confused with geography!! :facepalm: and have amended post, he came from river plate montevideo in the uruguayan league and, not river plate Buenos aries, still 500k sounds a snip for a player of similar age who's prolific, its what we paid for COG.

I was going to bring you up on that but not sure there is such a price difference between promising youngsters from South America.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If this guy is in the mould of Aguerro and Tevez and even half as good this will be a great coup. To see an aggressive marauding Argie goal machine rampaging through the Championship in an Albion shirt would be just amazing. I'm actually quite tearful as I write this. Takes me back to the days of Robinson, Lawrenson, Fossie, Stevens et al. Good times are here again.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't quite believe what I'm reading! Are we really in the market for Calleri or is it just rumour. I'm gobsmacked by our activity in this transfer window. We're obviously going for it big time.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Got a sneaky feeling this might just happen. Just get the impression something has changed within the club and we are now prepared to do a deal like this. Exciting times at the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here