Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anyone know John Donovan?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
John is a wheelchair bound, long time Albion fan with a long bushy black beard, that l suspect many of you will know.He will talk to anybody! I first bumped into him many years ago at Withdean as we were waiting for the South Stand to open, and that habit has continued regularly now we are at the Amex. He can normally be seen in the club shop, or waiting patiently outside the Lower East stand waiting for the doors to open.

I haven't seen him for the last few months, I just wondered if anyone else knows him, and if he is still about? I believe he lives in disabled accomodation on the Lewes Road.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
He used to live at the searchlight on Denton corner in newhaven.
Now you mention it, I’ve not seen him in recent weeks either

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A tad worrying, no one else l've spoken to who knows him has seen him either. Although perfectly affable he isn't the sort of person who easily accepts help, or lets you into his personal life.

Anyone else out there who has?

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I've known him for a long time too and also haven't seen him at matches for some time...would really like to know if he's ok. Might someone at the club know as he's a fairly well known fan?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've known him for a long time too and also haven't seen him at matches for some time...would really like to know if he's ok. Might someone at the club know as he's a fairly well known fan?

Good point. I will ask in the club shop on Saturday, he seems to spend a lot of money in there, so l'm sure they will know him!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do you know if his accommodation is sheltered housing? If so there will be a warden

True, I don't know exactly where it is though, other than on Lewes Road, somewhere near B & Q. He did tell me once that he was a founder member of the wheelchair disability club during our Goldstone days, I think that was disbanded many years ago though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Used to be very friendly with him at the Goldstone and Withdean. Haven't spoken to him in years since the move to the Amex. Will be watching this thread to ensure he is safe.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
John is a wheelchair bound, long time Albion fan with a long bushy black beard, that l suspect many of you will know.He will talk to anybody! I first bumped into him many years ago at Withdean as we were waiting for the South Stand to open, and that habit has continued regularly now we are at the Amex. He can normally be seen in the club shop, or waiting patiently outside the Lower East stand waiting for the doors to open.

I haven't seen him for the last few months, I just wondered if anyone else knows him, and if he is still about? I believe he lives in disabled accomodation on the Lewes Road.

I think I know who you are talking about and I'm pretty sure I saw him at the Arsenal game. I shall look out for him on Saturday and let you know if I spot him

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
[ know a bloke called john that sits in the wheelchair area, north end of the east stand middle tier , lives along lewes road, dont know his surname though ....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Does anyone know how he gets to the Amex?

I usually walk along Lewes Road so will look out for him

He travels by taxi, one that can take his wheelchair.. If anyone does spot him tomorrow, or comes across any news of him, perhaps they would just post it on this thread.

Cheers all. :albion2:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He travels by taxi, one that can take his wheelchair.. If anyone does spot him tomorrow, or comes across any news of him, perhaps they would just post it on this thread.

Cheers all. :albion2:

I saw him today and said hello. He is doing ok, he usually says if things are not but we mainly talked about predictions for the game. Neither of us were correct

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I saw him today and said hello. He is doing ok, he usually says if things are not but we mainly talked about predictions for the game. Neither of us were correct

Oh that's good. I don't know him, but as I walked there and back yesterday I looked out for him. I did see a black taxi with a wheelchair passenger about 1.30 driving towards Falmer, but couldn't see the passenger clearly

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Thanks for that. It's put my mind at rest, can finally put this thread to bed now! :cheers:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On a side issue, I haven't seen [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] on here for a while.
Hope they're okay :)

I'm back - And my bollocks are bigger than EVER BEFORE!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here