Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How did we rate Spurs?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How did we rate Spurs?

I reckon on that performance they were third best at the Amex behind Man City and Liverpool (with Coutinho) and ahead of clinical Chelsea, with Man U still to play. That makes Arsenal the fifth best so far at home.

Their pressing game was more reminiscent of Man City (but it actually took Man City a breakaway to score, although their offside goal looked good).

Stonewall penalty, Aurier took Izzy's foot as he was about top unleash a "special". Son caused all the trouble and we would have been dead and buried without the formidable Bruno.

I thought we countered their 90 minute pressing game by retaining possession enough to stifle their creativity. We have learned and practised. Still conceded from open play and only the top six have done that.

I don't think Spurs are all that exciting. Efficient more than dangerous,

Sixth best opponents at the Amex? I think the worst were Everton.

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
1 - Liverpool
2 - city
3 - Chelsea
4 - spurs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very efficient, although playing at a low rate and very quick to close us down. Not sure if it is so but they seemed to be playing within themselves being more interested in getting the game out of the way injury and card free.than pushing for 3 points.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1 - Liverpool
2 - city
3 - Chelsea
4 - spurs

This.

Arsenal light years behind. Despite having a team/squad so expensively assembled, full of internationals:

IMG_2541.PNG

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very efficient, although playing at a low rate and very quick to close us down. Not sure if it is so but they seemed to be playing within themselves being more interested in getting the game out of the way injury and card free.than pushing for 3 points.

They play the beautiful game and boy, they're handsome fellas, especially the Tango dancing lothario Poch. I can't wait for their future visits. COYS

A great night then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4 full minutes of cheering for some 'fans'.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Hmmmm. .I was answering the thread title. Things must be done a bit differently around these parts ;-)

Yes things are done differently around these parts. That's what we do. Not like you obviously.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They were well set up but there were some dreadful individual performances: Eriksen was way below his usual standards, Aurier was a liability as ever and Sissoko is just not a very good footballer.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
They were well set up but there were some dreadful individual performances: Eriksen was way below his usual standards, Aurier was a liability as ever and Sissoko is just not a very good footballer.

Strange. I thought Aurier, penalty aside, was one of their best footballers and had Izquierdo in his pocket all game aside from that.

Sissoko is a very good footballer but definitely got outshone by Wanyama. I wouldn’t have said he was particularly below par though.

The only one I was disappointed with was Eriksen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here