Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The right wing rags are going for Rudd due to her remainer stance not due to Windrush, she is a convenient target. The real person culpable sits in No.10 and hopefully if Rudd is forced out she takes out May with her

Its more to do with Rudd being a remainer, she want a swivel eyed loon in to replace her

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You didnt grow up in toxteth though did you, its not your hometown , you basically had nothing invested in the area personally , as for where you did grow up , so what ? Yet again , it has no bearing on the situation in this country , and please spare me the tired , hackneyed '' its rather fun watching you embarrass yourself.'' line.

Alf: You've never lived anywhere other than leafy suburbs, so you know nothing, and your opinion is irrelevant.

HKFC: Not true.

Alf: You've never lived anywhere affected by immigration, your opinion is irrelevant.

HKFC: I've lived for a few years in Liverpool, close to the scene of the worst race-related riots the country has ever seen, just afew years later.

Alf: Yes, but you weren't BORN there, so that experience doesn't 'count'. Where did you grow up? LEAFY SUBURBS.

HKFC: A muslim country in the Middle East

Alf: So what. Where you grew up is (suddenly) NOT relevant.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. You absolute TOOL.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Alf: You've never lived anywhere other than leafy suburbs, so you know nothing, and your opinion is irrelevant.

HKFC: Not true.

Alf: You've never lived anywhere affected by immigration, your opinion is irrelevant.

HKFC: I've lived for a few years in Liverpool, close to the scene of the worst race-related riots the country has ever seen, just afew years later.

Alf: Yes, but you weren't BORN there, so that experience doesn't 'count'. Where did you grow up? LEAFY SUBURBS.

HKFC: A muslim country in the Middle East

Alf: So what. Where you grew up is (suddenly) NOT relevant.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. You absolute TOOL.
dont be calling me names hans , or if you do , make sure you do it next time you see me in a pub, instead of retreating into your weird , very very strange shell.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The destruction of records is now being defended as coming under the Data Protection act, which is complete nonsense. Apparently we still have records of prisoners of war from WW2.

There are 8 tweets in this thread explaining why the destruction of these records aren't just gross negligence but almost sinister. It's worth a read, even if you're not on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/arthistorynews/status/986358861404700673

[tweet]986358861404700673[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
dont be calling me names hans , or if you do , make sure you do it next time you see me in a pub, instead of retreating into your weird , very very strange shell.

Give over. Read the above summary of our exchange, and see how silly it looks. Be big enough to accept that, rather than issuing childish veiled threats over a throwaway online disagreement.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Give over. Read the above summary of our exchange, and see how silly it looks. Be big enough to accept that, rather than issuing childish veiled threats over a throwaway online disagreement.
Then point out where you think im wrong etc , dont play the big man with names that would elicit a less than favourable response from most people were they used in person.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Then point out where you think im wrong.

Look - I'll just repost what you've said, then asked, then performed complete about face. Your posts:

id say the same about your outlook , hows life in chandlers ford , dealing ok with all the tensions and problems that you like telling others to ?

As we've covered lots of times before, people are well aware of things going on outside of their own bubbles

Yes , but i have lived in a place other than a leafy country town you , quite simply havent, yet you still presume to lecture people who have.

That's a predictably stupid assumption.

oh, silly me , you lived in liverpool as a student , whoopee fvcking doo, that really gives you an insight

If Toxeth in the 80's doesn't 'count' as 'living in an area that's been affected by immigration' or racial tension, then seriously - where could I have lived that you would 'count'?

You didnt grow up in toxteth though did you, its not your hometown , you basically had nothing invested in the area personally

:jester:

remind me where you grew up again ?

I can't 'remind' you, because you've clearly never known. Its nowhere near where you think though. And you accuse ME of 'presuming'.

Not that it has any impact on the ability to understand things that happen more than half a mile from my house, either way.

Its clearly nowhere that gives you any sort of real insight in what its like to live in an area thats been adversely affected by immigration , or you'd be very keen to say where it is , as it is , you aren't.

I grew up in the Middle East, surrounding by scary Muslims.

as for where you did grow up , so what ?

:jester:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The destruction of records is now being defended as coming under the Data Protection act, which is complete nonsense. Apparently we still have records of prisoners of war from WW2.

There are 8 tweets in this thread explaining why the destruction of these records aren't just gross negligence but almost sinister. It's worth a read, even if you're not on Twitter.

At PMQ's, PM says that the decision to destroy these records was made in 2009.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At PMQ's, PM says that the decision to destroy these records was made in 2009.

Yes, but she was lying (as her own press office has confirmed)

"from No10: destruction of landing cards was an "operational decision" by the UK Border Agency. Ie Not a decision by a Labour Home Secretary or minister."

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Decision made in 2009 under a LABOUR government.I suppose now,it will be a bit of fuss about nothing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So a civil service balls up then, not a ministerial decision.
But that's not what May implied at PQQ. She said "The decision was taken in 2009. As I seem to recall, in 2009, it was a Labour home secretary who was in position."
The obvious implication is that this was Labour's doing but, there are two things to bear in mind. First, the destruction took place in 2010 under the coalition government and it could have stopped it (in reality, this was an operational decision by civil servants and I bet that neither Labour nor Tory ministers knew about it).

Second, there was no significance about the landing cards until May changed the rules in 2014 - and then, they acquired a new importance. And that's where there should have been some ministerial input, but May didn't bother checking.

But, the important thing for May is that she emerged unscathed from PMQ. She knew damn well that Labour had nothing to do with the destruction of the landing cards but she wrong-footed Corbyn and made him look like he was in the wrong. The clarification came afterwards but people won't remember/recognise that.

It's deeply cynical behaviour, effective, but cynical.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But that's not what May implied at PQQ. She said "The decision was taken in 2009. As I seem to recall, in 2009, it was a Labour home secretary who was in position."
The obvious implication is that this was Labour's doing but, there are two things to bear in mind. First, the destruction took place in 2010 under the coalition government and it could have stopped it (in reality, this was an operational decision by civil servants and I bet that neither Labour nor Tory ministers knew about it).

Second, there was no significance about the landing cards until May changed the rules in 2014 - and then, they acquired a new importance. And that's where there should have been some ministerial input, but May didn't bother checking.

But, the important thing for May is that she emerged unscathed from PMQ. She knew damn well that Labour had nothing to do with the destruction of the landing cards but she wrong-footed Corbyn and made him look like he was in the wrong. The clarification came afterwards but people won't remember/recognise that.

It's deeply cynical behaviour, effective, but cynical.

100% exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here