Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think a new striker would have made any difference to the problems on display today. Stephens with 3 mistakes in the first 6 minutes that led to the first goal was just the start and then the lack of quality became contagious.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Still believe there are three teams in this league worse than us, still believe we’ve got a great core to the side. However, I’ve come to realise that, much as we love him, Knocky isn’t PL standard, CH clearly doesn’t rate Baldock, and that we NEED at least one if not two more attacking threats. And, sadly, another RB and LB. Pains me to say it as I love Bruno, but he looked his age today.

The club as a whole need to work harder from today onwards.

Agree - why did he take Jose off instead of AK when he was playing so badly? Solly did OK without actually getting anything, but better than most today

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The PL rewards teams who play with pace. Leicester won a title purely by being quick at breaking.

We've managed to end up slower in the PL than we were in the Championship.

That has to be the most frustrating game I've watched this season. Two goals conceded from two set pieces again, and hardly a chance on goal. We simply were not good enough to beat a team sitting at the bottom of the table, who hadn't won in 20 games. They wanted it more than us, and we look bereft of ideas.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I do wonder, when they spend 5-10 hours a week training against set pieces whether Bruno is told to stop wrestling his man to the ground and watch the f'kin ball? If so, why does he decide to resort to the aforementioned come game time?
We train against set pieces?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It's official. We are fast becoming last seasons Middlesborough!!!! They were lauded the first half of last year for being defensively tight then just dropped like a stone unable to score. De Ja Vu!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This could well be the week where we finally get the MotD team showing our defensive frailties, sucking their teeth and saying they think we're in trouble. We've all know for weeks that our position was fragile at best but they* only look at the table so will sit up and pay attention now.

*except Garth Crooks, which is really annoying.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Let's play a Just 17 style quiz...

Ryan was criticised for being too small. He has made some fantastic saves this season, and is possibly our player our of the season so far. Is Ryan:

a) Not as good as everyone thought.
b) Having a rough spell but likely to improve
c) Not to blame
d) Unsure

Dunk and Duffy were being lauded as the best CB partnership at the beginning of the season. They're both giants of men and Duffy, in particular is renowned for his heading ability. We seem to concede a goal from every set piece. Dunk and Duffy are:

c) Not to blame
d) Unsure

Stephens appeared to adapt to the league well and was courted by PL heavyweights Burnley last year. New boy Propper is possibly the most elegant CM i've seen in the stripes. They are:

c) Not to blame
d) Unsure

Our wingers have guile and pace. On their day they look fantastic. Lately they have been utterly impotent, with poor decision making and the sense the management don't know who's best and in what position. Our wingers are:

c) Not to blame
d) Unsure

Our two strikers have already scored more than many expected but appear slow, tired and profligate in front of goal. Our strikers are:

c) Not to blame
d) Unsure

If you answered mostly a) we're in trouble
If you answered mostly b) things are bound to improve
If you answered mostly c) serious questions need to be asked about every single member of staff at the club
If you answered mostly d) i'm unsure

I answered mostly c), with the caveat that everybody takes some blame but broader questions need to be asked.
We need to start changing the way we approach games, our preparation, our tactics, our mentality during games and the decision making during the games.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
AK been found out for ages - just a championship player who is very selfish and thinks he is better than what he is.
Solly has been terrible for a good few games now
We have no proper crossers of the ball
Dunk and Duffy - I think not , defending corners lololol
Bruno please retire it’s getting embarrassing
Need a midfielder that has vision and can pass a ball forward
Murray and Hemed share the same concrete football boots

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Rodrigues apparently said something to Bong - racist comment perhaps? The ref reported it to the 4th official and it may be the subject of further action. Ref making the managers aware of the allegation.
Bong got in his face and he waved his hand in front of his nose to indicate bad breath !!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Losing to a side who hadn't won a league game since 19th August, who employ JOHN CARVER as their assistant manager is nowhere near good enough. Without wanting to restate the obvious, drastically improving our set-piece defending (especially from corners) and managing to purchase a striker that is an upgrade on both Murray and Hemed are two things that must happen within weeks, if not days. Fail to do one of the two, and it's fairly difficult to see us playing anywhere but the Championship next season. Do neither, and relegation is a formality.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here