Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bit annoyed the threads have been merged here. NSC is crap in june and July anyway and there were some very different subject areas being discussed.

Why don't you start a new thread about it.Or start a petition?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Jimmy Krankie thinks she will stop the exit she is deluded, she will be become the No.1 hate figure in the country. She forgets Scotland voted to stay in the UK, the referendum was for the UK to decide not if Scotland wanted to. Scotland get a better deal than England, she would have no chance if Scotland had independence of backing up her mouth
She will play her cards when the time is right. It will be for a vote for a new referendum on Scotland's independence from the U.K. This time it will be a different result.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
She will play her cards when the time is right. It will be for a vote for a new referendum on Scotland's independence from the U.K. This time it will be a different result.

Wouldn't bank on it

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why don't we have another referendum in England first? Make their decision for them? You know, if Scotland has the right to vote for its independence, it's only fair we should be able to vote for ours.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I expect when you're not completely bolloxed you'll wonder what your bolloxed befuddled mind was thinking about when it deluded you into posting this.

Hope your head ain't throbbing too badly!

Strangely or worryingly, it still makes perfect sense to me unlike your poorly constructed post I was commenting on.

On the other note, I must admit I feel like s..t today but thank you for your sentiments.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

And how do you think they will be able yo look after themselves if they leave. They would have Austerity measures fairly quickly I would ghink

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah youth! How dare you worry about your future! Back in your box, the elders will look after this.

Way to be respectful there, Bladders.

Sorry Chappers, but I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the 18-24 thinking their vote is somehow more important than anyone else's, its not just about them its also about everyone who is still here, from the elderly to children and those who aren't even born yet.

This WHOLE generation of people took a vote and OUT won.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sorry Chappers, but I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the 18-24 thinking their vote is somehow more important than anyone else's, its not just about them its also about everyone who is still here, from the elderly to children and those who aren't even born yet.

This WHOLE generation of people took a vote and OUT won.

What annoys me is they moan and whinge but 70% couldn’t even be bothered to vote from that age group, so it's a bit to late to be upset now isn't it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And how do you think they will be able yo look after themselves if they leave. They would have Austerity measures fairly quickly I would ghink

Firstly stop ghinking. It would be up to them as to what happened next Portslade. Not unlike us now. Maybe you are right about austerity but as I am being constantly told.............. The result is there for all to see, so stop moaning. (If they get their wish which I suspect they will sooner than later. ) It certainly won't be the predicted 20 wait to vote again now will it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
When the result came in I was extremely embarassed and ashamed of our country, that we first believed the blatant lies of Farage and that many were motivated at all by racist and prejudiced views. I fear for my future yes-I don't want to live in a future of racial hatred and narrow-minded anti-foreigner mentality.

o8w0w3.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
structural funding to areas hit by industrial decline;
clean beaches and rivers;
cleaner air;
lead free petrol;
restrictions on landfill dumping;
a recycling culture;
cheaper mobile charges;
cheaper air travel;
improved consumer protection and food labelling;
a ban on growth hormones and other harmful food additives;
better product safety;
single market competition bringing quality improvements and better industrial performance;
break up of monopolies;
Europe-wide patent and copyright protection;
no paperwork or customs for exports throughout the single market;
price transparency and removal of commission on currency exchanges across the eurozone;
freedom to travel, live and work across Europe;
funded opportunities for young people to undertake study or work placements abroad;
access to European health services;
labour protection and enhanced social welfare;
smoke-free workplaces;
equal pay legislation;
holiday entitlement;
the right not to work more than a 48-hour week without overtime;
strongest wildlife protection in the world;
improved animal welfare in food production;
EU-funded research and industrial collaboration;
EU representation in international forums;
bloc EEA negotiation at the WTO;
EU diplomatic efforts to uphold the nuclear non-proliferation treaty;
European arrest warrant;
cross border policing to combat human trafficking, arms and drug smuggling; OK THATS A BAD ONE counter terrorism intelligence;
European civil and military co-operation in post-conflict zones in Europe and Africa;
support for democracy and human rights across Europe and beyond;
investment across Europe contributing to better living standards and educational, social and cultural capital.
All of this is nothing compared with its greatest achievements: the EU has for 60 years been the foundation of peace between European neighbours after centuries of bloodshed.
It furthermore assisted the extraordinary political, social and economic transformation of 13 former dictatorships, now EU members, since 1980.

Your go.

Yes I've seen that cut paste job before, posted by [MENTION=25549]5ways[/MENTION]. I did a hilarious review /rewrite which due to all these threads being merged I can no longer find. Can't be arsed to pick it to pieces again.

A return to the Primacy of UK Parliament/Government /law plus regaining full control over rates of immigration.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What annoys me is they moan and whinge but 70% couldn’t even be bothered to vote from that age group, so it's a bit to late to be upset now isn't it

I don't want to tar that whole age group with the same brush but it says quite a lot about about our youth, probably too busy watching BIG BROTHER or the ****ing X Factor whilst taking selfies to post on FaceBook. :ffsparr:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Could this be the right time for a temporary sub forum?

I agree there was too many threads but merging then all has ruined some perfectly good discussions.

Interesting idea if possible. We are living through one of the most remarkable moments in UK history which possibly requires more than one thread!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Please can you explain why we had to be in the EU to be able to have any of those things?

There have been changes in political and social issues / views across the globe and this often drives policy. Global warming / climate change, etc would lead towards a recycling culture and reducing landfill for example

If they have policies that the EU come up with, couldn't a country (not necessarily the UK) see that they are good policies and adopt them themselves, surely they are not limited to those who are EU members
That could all happen yes but there are many cases where the cheaper option prevails. If you are within a union then the overwhelming voice lends it's weight.
Tomorrow we can buy cheaper sofas from China and India. (Well not just yet but you get my jist) They may be made from combustible materials and not conform to our previous E.U. Legislation. You will have to trust our countries politicians now. The thing is, these things have happened under the E.U. So why leave where they might not. Don't forget we have been at the forefront encouraging newer members as they joined and had to conform and adhere.
No say now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes I've seen that cut paste job before, posted by [MENTION=25549]5ways[/MENTION]. I did a hilarious review /rewrite which due to all these threads being merged I can no longer find. Can't be arsed to pick it to pieces again.

A return to the Primacy of UK Parliament/Government /law plus regaining full control over rates of immigration.

A hilarious review you say. Well done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here