Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa Loyalty Points Allocation

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
What happened to the 10% rule, I thought Villa had to give that as a minimum or does that not exist anymore?

It's only 10% up to a certain amount. I know it's not the same league but Man U and Arsenal don't give out 10% and a lot of visiting clubs would take it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What happened to the 10% rule, I thought Villa had to give that as a minimum or does that not exist anymore?

The rule is:

Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's only 10% up to a certain amount. I know it's not the same league but Man U and Arsenal don't give out 10% and a lot of visiting clubs would take it.

The Premier League rule is:

3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the home club's stadium is less than 30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looks like I am going to have to call in a favour from the villa fans at work who won't be going. To be fair I haven't been away for a couple of years now. Still think apart from the cup final, the Newcastle game in 1979 was my best day out. Hopefully if I can't get a ticket, by hook or by crook, we will get promotion by the Bristol city game.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Really? Surely anyone with points is going to snap up a ticket or are you saying there are not that many over the threshold of points?

We don't have 2,700 in the first bracket - we probably have just about enough for Day 2. But not everyone will want to go

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
Spoke to ticket office this morning, they believe second round have high chance of obtaining tickets but it all depends on how many 1901 club members get one.

Are there even 2,700 members with that amount of points?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Spoke to ticket office this morning, they believe second round have high chance of obtaining tickets but it all depends on how many 1901 club members get one.

A 2,700 1901 away following, that would be a site to behold.

It'd be so silent that the prawn sandwich munching would be audible. That and the occasional 'sit down!' :whistle:

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

That's why it would be nice to know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here