Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well done to the guys doing the Brighton half.

I went along to have a peak at the barmy army running a marathon up and down the multi-storey in Worthing. Pleased to have a quick word with Pembury who was there with his lovely children.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Finished Brighton half in 1-48-16. Pleased with that as it was nearly 8 minutes quicker than my other half marathon.

Thanks to everyone who helped and supported the runners. Much appreciated.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
1:41 for me. Found it a tough grind of a run - especially the six mile stretch into the wind. Well supported though and a good event overall.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good running everyone.....

I popped down to the carpark for a bit, saw my clubmate finish first in 3.04. Mental. Several didn't look like they were enjoying it too much !

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
1:47:22 at Brighton half today. Pretty pleased with that - my first race ever at such a long distance (not an earth shattering time but at age 61 I feel happy with it). Brilliant atmosphere, well organised. Thanks to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Did the Brighton Half today. First ever one. Went off in 2-2.15 minute group as was unsure when signed up. Ended up with chip time of 1:35 so happy with that for 1st go.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1-55 PB by 10 mins & broke the 2 hour barrier - one of my life running aims! Chuffed is an understatement... Brighton half is by far my favourite and the support is excellent - lots of seagulls shouts at me in my BHA training shirt... :clap2:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

I popped down to the carpark for a bit, saw my clubmate finish first in 3.04. Mental. Several didn't look like they were enjoying it too much !

Looked like 3+ hours of hell. It must qualify as the ugliest marathon course in the world? Must take real mental toughness to grind out that one. Particular well done to your pal.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I saw a video of it on Facebook. Looked very strange and with zero atmosphere. Something a bit different I guess....

Well done to all those running there and in Brighton though.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
A new PB at Brighton HM yesterday - 1.53.18 (was 1.58.11). Loved the day, even the drizzle and the wind up by the Marina. Fab support considering the weather, I would not have fancied standing around too long to watch! Felt really good yesterday, didn't enjoy mile 8, but after that got a second wind and felt really strong. Feels like the training is now paying off.

https://www.strava.com/activities/880408833

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was officially measured, 71 laps made up the marathon distance. They had electronic timing, you can see the black rubber strip on the floor in some of the pictures - guy sat with a laptop nearby shouting lap numbers at the runners as they go over the strip and the timing chips around their ankles register each time (they look like little ASBO tags). After 70 laps the RD rang a cowbell, and you got to do the last lap in reverse so you could high-five everyone else still running (bit crap if you were last I guess).

People who did it said it wasn't as bad as they though despite the surface, scenery and elevation (in total was more than the height of Ben Nevis). Mostly under cover and 71 aid stations !

This is the timing dude....

https://flic.kr/p/RTNEzW

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Did anyone else notice on Sunday how badly positioned the 12 mile marker was? knowing the course I was pretty sure it was a mistake, but for anyone out of town I'd imagine it gave them a bit of a fright as it was a good 12.3 miles into the run.

Anyway here is a link for an excellent 10k off road race I enjoyed last year. Good value for money and a challenging route starting and finishing near the Amex in Woodingdean.

http://brightonsports.co.uk/brighton-trailblazer-run

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Did anyone else notice on Sunday how badly positioned the 12 mile marker was? knowing the course I was pretty sure it was a mistake, but for anyone out of town I'd imagine it gave them a bit of a fright as it was a good 12.3 miles into the run.

Anyway here is a link for an excellent 10k off road race I enjoyed last year. Good value for money and a challenging route starting and finishing near the Amex in Woodingdean.

http://brightonsports.co.uk/brighton-trailblazer-run

Good organisers, scenic route and bargain price. Like the look of it and for sick notes, like myself, on the day entry available. Time will tell............

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First run in two weeks for me today. A very gentle 29 min 5k but no reaction from the tendon so far so fingers crossed.

Son did the youth mile and got to meet Gully (who he's no longer scared of) on Sunday which was nice. That bit was very well organised by Nick Rivett Run Squad. I have to say though did lots of people turn up late or was the baggage truck nearly in the Marina again? As we were walking to the start to see the youth run there were still quite a few runners clutching rucksacks and it looked like a lot of quicker guys started quite a way back which could have been interesting. I also forgot how much I hated people crossing the road in front of me last year until we had to try and find a non-existent gap to get home! They need to borrow the bridge from the marathon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here