Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Butterfly in Mid November???

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
we'll its global warming. even though the models for warming predict it will get hotter in the summer, colder in the winter and more volatile all round, a mild summer and mild autumn will be attributed to the same cause.

Its climate change actually.

They had to change the name. Despite being an accurate name, the globe (i.e. the whole planet) is warming (average temperature going up), the fact that some places may get slightly cooler or more windy and not warmer, led some people to believe that this was proof that global warming was a hoax, a massive conspiracy theory dreamt up by luvvie left wing liberal elites in cohorts with the Chinese in an attempt to increase tax revenues.

Some people eh!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The honey bees which live under our eaves are still very active. If we get a wet or cold day then they hunker down, but the number of sunny or mild days we've had this autumn has kept their numbers and activity levels up. They've been here 4 years now and this is the most active they've been at this time of year.

PG

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Just seen a Red Admiral fluttering around our garden in Hove, surely this is not normal? And whilst I think about it, our apple tree still has most of it's leaves, what's going on????

Was fishing East Preston beach last sunday and had a Red Admiral land on my fishing tripod and it stayed for about an hour before flying off again

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I did see a red admiral last December. these are more common than painted ladies (in Woodingdean) and they do appear to be more hardy than anything else.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Some butterflies hibernate, rather than die, in winter. They can wake up and flutter around if it turns mild, but I don't know if they then die or re-hibernate.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It was "warm wet westerly winds in winter" in my geography lessons around the same time.

You must have gone to a much posher school than me!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I've got daffodils coming up. Is it nearly Easter?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The honey bees which live under our eaves are still very active. If we get a wet or cold day then they hunker down, but the number of sunny or mild days we've had this autumn has kept their numbers and activity levels up. They've been here 4 years now and this is the most active they've been at this time of year.

PG
that's good to hear

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just seen a Red Admiral fluttering around our garden in Hove, surely this is not normal? And whilst I think about it, our apple tree still has most of it's leaves, what's going on????

You think that's odd?

Yesterday I put a trampoline up in the garden for the kids by way of an early Christmas present and when I put the bins out at 11pm there were two foxes, a badger, a squirrel and a hedgehog going apeshit on the bloody thing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You think that's odd?

Yesterday I put a trampoline up in the garden for the kids by way of an early Christmas present and when I put the bins out at 11pm there were two foxes, a badger, a squirrel and a hedgehog going apeshit on the bloody thing.

John-Lewis-Christmas-Advert-2016-Buster-Boxer-song-Twitter-715358.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My spring bulbs are sprouting - how do I push them back?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You think that's odd?

You'll be telling me a Boxer was on the thing next..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here