Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia has got to go

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's amazing how many of those fans who were moaning at the club for losing two managers in 12 months are now wanting to get rid of Hyppia after 7 games.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
How tiresome. The same old idiots who wanted Poyet out during his spell here, then wanted Oscar out despite how well he was doing with numerous injuries, now calling for Hyypia to go after 7 league games. Pathetic. No doubt we'll have the hilarious polls after every game soon and then when we turn it round, these so called fans will go very quiet. I don't know why they don't go and support Chelsea, as they clearly expect to win every game and will want the manager sacked if we don't.

Totally agree with this. Sick and tired of the bleating from impatient 'fans' who seem to spend very little time actually supporting the team but jet looking for an excuse to snipe from the sidelines. This knee-jerk response to any loss is utterly tedious.

I went last night, and up until the first goal we played pretty and it was an enjoyable contest to watch until that point. It is immensely frustrating that we undid all the previous good work with some shocking defending, but it is quite clear we have yet to find the right balance between defence and attack yet. I'd like to think we can sort it out soon but I'm not holding my breath. Until then I shall continue to back what I consider to be a hardworking and entertaining but sadly flawed team until they do.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Hooray someone who is realistic some posters really need to get a grip.
Bloody hell this thread is woeful. Some fans seem to think that we should be winning every game.

NEWS FLASH: the championship is one of the most open competitive leagues in the footballing world. I wouldn't have it any other way! It's been a difficult few months with Sami being introduced to essentially half a new squad only a few weeks so now more time is needed for him to get the team chemistry going again.

Sami Hyypia will be a great manager for us but it won't happen today and it won't happen tomorrow. However, idiots like the OP calling for a sack won't help the matter at hand. Support the team: Win, Lose or Draw!

As for the Poyet lovers, move on. He thought he was bigger than the club and whenever a premier league job went up for grabs he would ask players if he should go for it, remember the Steve Harper interview? After all the history in the 1990s we've proven no one is bigger than the club itself.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have only seen Leeds away and the home fixtures, but what I have seen I have been very encouraged by.

We are playing better football and I can only see us improving as the season goes on.

Chill people.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wanted Oscar to stay and rebuild and was gutted when he left. I was a little underwhelmed when Hyypia was appointed but I am more than happy to give him time. I'm reasonably happy with the players he has brought in. Jury is out on Stockdale but then TK was pretty shit for most of last season so we haven't had a goalkeeper who gets MOM for a while now, unlike quite a few of the opposition keepers. The forwards are still misfiring and the system hasn't worked yet. The alternative is to sack SH and start again, not a great solution after 8 games, in fact a ****ing stupid one.

The upside is that if we do end up fighting relegation it will probably be quite entertaining until the final whistle when we walk away depressed at another defeat.

I'm keeping positive if a bit downbeat for a few games yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
TK was pretty shit for most of last season .

:lolol:

I LOVE how things get re-written and re-written, more and more extreme in each instance as time passes.

He was poor for about 3 (THREE) games near the end of the season. He was SUPERB for the vast majority of his time with us, and won us countless points.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I wanted Oscar to stay and rebuild and was gutted when he left. I was a little underwhelmed when Hyypia was appointed but I am more than happy to give him time. I'm reasonably happy with the players he has brought in. Jury is out on Stockdale but then TK was pretty shit for most of last season so we haven't had a goalkeeper who gets MOM for a while now, unlike quite a few of the opposition keepers. The forwards are still misfiring and the system hasn't worked yet. The alternative is to sack SH and start again, not a great solution after 8 games, in fact a ****ing stupid one.

The upside is that if we do end up fighting relegation it will probably be quite entertaining until the final whistle when we walk away depressed at another defeat.

I'm keeping positive if a bit downbeat for a few games yet.

Need to give him a chance - must win vs Blackpool needed

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I don't care he has only been in charge for a few games but the bloke is clueless. Results so far have been appalling.

He is killing off my enthusiasm this season. I'm in that.... i don't care mode.

Look at our results so far? This has relegation written all over it.

Try this.....

image.jpg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:lolol:

I LOVE how things get re-written and re-written, more and more extreme in each instance as time passes.

He was poor for about 3 (THREE) games near the end of the season. He was SUPERB for the vast majority of his time with us, and won us countless points.

I thought he was poor for most of last season, is that OK with you? I was commenting on here from quite early last season that he was not playing that well, so nothing at all is being re written by me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought he was poor for most of last season, is that OK with you? I was commenting on here from quite early last season that he was not playing that well, so nothing at all is being re written by me.

He really wasn't. Numerous games he'd keep us in it when we were under the kosh. If you thought he was poor I can begin to think what you think of Stockdale, who is performing at several levels below Kusz at the moment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Agreed. TK was patchy at best last season. I remember mentioning it on the match reports I write. Here's a comment from the first home game v Derby report.

"Once again we take the lead with a well taken goal. Once again we squander the lead before going behind to a couple of defensive howlers (Kuszczak appears to actually be Ankergren in a Kuszczak suit)"

I know I posted similar on here.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. TK was patchy at best last season. I remember mentioning it on the match reports I write. Here's a comment from the first home game v Derby report.

"Once again we take the lead with a well taken goal. Once again we squander the lead before going behind to a couple of defensive howlers (Kuszczak appears to actually be Ankergren in a Kuszczak suit)"

I know I posted similar on here.

Thank you I think it is Mellotron rewriting history here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Honestly i can only remember a handful of errors by TK in his 2 seasons with us.

He was shocking with his feet granted but actual keeping errors were very few.

Stockdale is getting a hard rap at the moment from certain sections on this site too, I have yet to see a glaring error from stockdale, the goals we have conceded in my view have not been his fault.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He really wasn't. Numerous games he'd keep us in it when we were under the kosh. If you thought he was poor I can begin to think what you think of Stockdale, who is performing at several levels below Kusz at the moment.

I think Stockdale is a liability at the moment and I don't buy the "no chance" comments every time a goal has gone in. Great keepers save those occasionally, TK did two seasons ago and occasionally last season, Stockdale, apart from being a jolly good team player, has done nothing to make me feel confident in him.

I totally accept he may have the makings of a very good keeper but we aren't seeing it yet and I am also starting to wonder about his concentration ( just like I did about TK last year btw)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here