Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] OT I thought I was a twin until last night

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Twin/Twins
Two individuals derived from two Fetuses that were fertilized at or about the same Time, developed in the Uterus simultaneously, and born to the same Mother. Twins are either monozygotic (Twins, Monozygotic) or dizygotic (Twins, Dizygotic).​
That at least is something which poses some doubt. They weren't fertilised at exactly the same time. But they were developed in the uterus simultaneously, and born to the same mother, at the same time.

Given that a pregnancy runs from fertilisation until birth, I'd imagine maffew and bro were part of the same pregnancy. Obviously the brother was late to the party, but it was still the same party.

But what I really want, is a DNA test to see if they have the same father. I'm opening a book on it if anyone wants in.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
No, that doesn't count. TB is being silly (not wrong), you could be born minutes apart but in different millennia.

But they're calling them twins, right?

Accepted, and I'm willing to accept other definitions if anyone puts one forward (I'm just waiting for one, that's all). Although I would add that we're talking about the English language here, and what the lay population says is basically the law. The Oxford dictionary doesn't make the rules, it simply states the language the population use.

Fair. But from what I can tell, maffew and his brother were part of the same pregnancy, as their mum was pregnant with them both at the same time.

Fair enough. What do they say about single pregnancies?

I agree that they are still twins, and I already said that previously.

pregnancy The state of a woman during the period from fertilization of an ovum (conception) to the birth of a baby or termination by abortion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here