Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Getting out of a mobile contract.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So, NSC help required, seems like it one of the few web sites that open easily here!

I'm with O2 at the moment, & their web-site is proving a bugger to open. (I'm on a ship with very slow wifi). When I do get on it, the part with information on cancelling of contract seems very well hidden.

My situation is, I want to get out of a contract, the latest 24 month term ended in October, but I've been unable to do anything about it as I'm here at sea & I might as well be on the moon when it comes to contacting O2.

Are there any pitfalls when it comes to ending a contract that I should be aware of when I go in to see them when I return home? Especially as I've gone past the 24 months?

I think pay as you go is the way ahead for me.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
So, NSC help required, seems like it one of the few web sites that open easily here!

I'm with O2 at the moment, & their web-site is proving a bugger to open. (I'm on a ship with very slow wifi). When I do get on it, the part with information on cancelling of contract seems very well hidden.

My situation is, I want to get out of a contract, the latest 24 month term ended in October, but I've been unable to do anything about it as I'm here at sea & I might as well be on the moon when it comes to contacting O2.

Are there any pitfalls when it comes to ending a contract that I should be aware of when I go in to see them when I return home? Especially as I've gone past the 24 months?

It you've have passed the minimum term, then its just 30 days notice and so is easy as pie to get out of it, you just have to contact them (might not be that easy for you then!)

They will probably try and offer you a new deal, so have a look around first so you know what offers are out there. If you're happy with your phone then sim only plans are the way to go.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

As much as I hate all things Facebook and Twitter.
Try contacting them through their social media accounts, it seems it's the way to go these days, if you want grab a certain companies attention.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How much do you anticipate using your phone in the next year? I'm paying £5 a month for unlimited calls etc. But if you'd spend less than £5 a month PAYG, go for it.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
How much do you anticipate using your phone in the next year? I'm paying £5 a month for unlimited calls etc. But if you'd spend less than £5 a month PAYG, go for it.

I'm 3 months at home & 3 months away through the year. I use it as much as most people when home, when here on board I have to pay for wifi & don't make any calls. Cheaper to use the ship phone using a pre paid card purchased here.

Thanks for all the advice. Those that saying just call; try working on a ship. Not so simple; especially when paying for a call & being put on hold.
I just know I've had enough of contracts so want to try & different approach & save myself a few quid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here